Burrow in Furness + Working from home
£450.00 - £500.00
Must either have SC Clearance or can be put through it.
The Technical Architect works with operational and project teams to provide detailed designs and guidance on various aspects of infrastructure solutions. The role is responsible for producing high level and low level designs, and providing guidance and support for transition, transformation and delivery on a variety of initiatives such as SAN migrations, data centre moves, server based computing and desktop transformation technologies such as VDI and application virtualisation. The Technical Architect also applies functional knowledge and technical expertise to design systems that support customer needs.
* To be responsible and accountable for the design of an integrated technical solution across all streams of a project or small programme
* To understand the technical problems, challenges and complexities that exist within each stream or area of a programme and be able to manage and/or liaise with other technical stream leads to arrive at an integrated technical solution that meets the business requirements.
* Promote co-operation, and where necessary, coach and facilitate co-ordination of all technical streams leaders of a programme to achieve the successful delivery of an integrated technical solution.
* Identifies, understands and quantifies technical risk and advises on strategies to mitigate that risk.
* Support the project / programme manager in understanding the technical risks, dependencies and issues that exist, be able to quantify these and the impact that they may have on the project / programme.
* Ensures that all the agreed business requirements to be satisfied by the project are implemented in the overall solution, are traceable and are compatible with the project's technical architecture.
* Support the Solutions Architect to develop and enhance standards, policies/guidelines whilst driving adoption of standards.
* Perform audits, peer reviews and due diligence as required.
* Leverage and influence change programmes to develop/enhance the standards, policies/guidelines whilst driving adoption of standards.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Minimum of 5 years reviewing and creating design documents as a subject matter expert for infrastructure solutions.
* Technical design, configuration, and implementation expertise within large-scale Transformations and Migrations.
* Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience with infrastructure architecture, implementation and support expertise.
* Expert technical and technical leadership skills.
* Planning and management of technical infrastructure tasks.
* system design and integration using VMware and VBlock.
* System integration
* Advanced and in-depth product knowledge and experience of the following products is required: Expertise in two or more core of the Microsoft Products (AD, SQL Server, SCCM/WSUS/MDT, App-V/VDI, Hyper-V, Exchange, Lync, SharePoint and Forefront), VMware or Citrix in a highly resilient environment is useful
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check