Senior Procurement Practitioner - Barrow-In-Furness - 6 months - £30.00ph LTD/UMB. PAYE rates available on request
Plan, deliver and monitor procurement activity for the specific item/scope of work assigned.
* Execution of the end-to-end procurement process i.e. delivery of information, products and services to quality, cost and schedule requirements.
* Continually review supplier performance.
* Communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
* Independently undertake transactional procurement activity including; raising Request for Quotations, negotiating price and lead times, creating and managing purchase orders, expediting delivery and managing payments.
* Undertake supplier assessment and due diligence activity to ensure the effective selection of suppliers to meet business needs.
* Record and report cost savings / cost avoidance.
* Communicate with suppliers and internal / external stakeholders - resolving a wide variety of routine problems and quality issues, escalating complex / high impact issues when necessary.
* Apply awareness of risk and opportunity management to address low impact risks within contract management activity.
* Update systems such as SAP, eDMS, Teamcenter with quality, accurate information relating to the procurement activity, in accordance with document management policy and process.
* Continually review the performance of suppliers against quality, cost and delivery metrics to ensure Submarines' requirements are met and to secure improvements.
* Complete cost forecasting for equipment within individual's scope.
* Support the team, with minimal supervision, in the preparation of material in support of major subcontract / transactional process activity, including (but not limited to): raising requests for information, issuing invitation to tenders and contract packs, stage gate presentations, supplier down-selection, managing data deliverables, supplier visits (onsite and at supplier sites), supplier relationship management.
* Knowledge of in-scope product / service being provided to ensure requirements with respect to nuclear safety and environmental management are understood and delivered/met where applicable
* Sound knowledge of procurement principles and practices
* Sound understanding of negotiation and supplier management techniques
* Sound understanding of commercial aspects of contracts (with support).
* Knowledge of in-scope product / service being procured
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application