This leading organisation is actively seeking a number of Electrical Designers to join their company working on an initial 12-month contract based at their site in Cumbria.
* You will employ your knowledge and expertise to ensure consistency of design intent, solve manufacturing problems, and assist in the efficiency of the construction process.
* Utilising cable management tools and techniques you will develop the design of the cable routing highways, create cable routes and produce cable termination details. You will also provide data to support the cable reeving plan, cable installation schedules and test and commissioning paths.
* In addition to this, you will also be involved in the development of integrated and detailed design solutions from the interpretation of design guidance and initial design diagrams utilising both 2D and 3D CAD environments.
* You will also provide technical support (design liaison) and troubleshooting responses to manufacturing, build and test areas.
To be successful in the role of Electrical Designer you will have:
* HNC/HND level qualifications or equivalent
* Background in shipbuilding and (or) experience in new design / new build heavy industry projects is beneficial
* Detail Design / Drawing Office experience
* Cable Management / Cable Reeving Planning experience is beneficial
* Ideally knowledge of Foran, CMPic, AutoCAD, Inventor, Pro-Engineer or Tribon but experience of other systems will be considered
This position is for a global aerospace/ defence organisation has many sites around the UK, employing over 80,000 talented people. With an innovative culture, they produce the most advanced products within the industry which promotes their world renowned reputation. Holding a large market share, this company offers each contractor an opportunity to gain security clearance therefore you must be willing to undergo this procedure. Furthermore, there's the possibility of longer hours, repeat work and longer contract durations for gifted candidates.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV to Alex Collins via the apply button! Alternatively, if you know anyone who is looking, feel free to get them in touch, referral fees paid!
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position