To provide a highly competent, effective and confidential administrative service to the HR Team.To collate the HR Team’s Management Information and statistics, producing a variety of reports and graphs.To maintain, in a timely and accurate manner, the Group’s HR Information System and staff files, contributing towards their ongoing enhancement & development. To provide a professional and high-quality service to customers.
Knowledge and Abilities
* To provide answers to basic questions from staff and managers on matters relating to terms and conditions of employment, recruitment, and learning and development, in accordance with the policies and procedures within the Staff Handbook.
* Inform the Payroll section of any changes relating to terms and conditions of employment, and jointly to identify appropriate solutions to HR Payroll matters
* To collate and update a wide variety of monthly (circa 30), annual, and ad hoc statistics and HR Management Information for internal and external use, including preparing standard & ad hoc reports and graphs (e.g. absence, turnover, and establishment/headcount)
* To prepare & update HR Performance Indicators
* To maintain, in a timely and accurate manner, the Group’s HR Information System, contributing towards its ongoing enhancement & development
* To provide administration cover for all recruitment related activities, ensuring all communication with applicants and new starters is undertaken promptly and all new starter arrangements are dealt with and processed without delay (Recruitment & L&D).
* To provide administration cover with regards pre-employment checks (including references, Occupational health, DBS, and Independent Safeguarding Authority) in the absence of the HR Administrator (Recruitment & L&D)
* To provide cover and maintain and update the Group’s Intranet with L&D related documents, as agreed with the L&D Adviser and HR Administrator (Recruitment & L&D)
* To implement the recommendations from the Group’s annual Salary Review, including calculating changes, documenting, and discussing with appropriate Managers.
* Maintain staff records and general filing systems, both manual and computerised, archiving files as and when necessary.
* Process Purchase Orders and Invoices received in Human Resources ensuring accurate coding prior to authorisation by the HR Operations Manager and Executive Director of HR, Communications & Marketing.
* Take minutes, prepare agendas and subsequent action plans for HR related meetings as and when as directed by the HR Operations Manager.
* To record accurate messages and receive correspondence.
* To co-ordinate the Group’s Flu Vaccination Scheme
* To support the HR Team with the implementation of the Group’s Employee Attitude Survey
Problem Solving / Decision Making / Innovation
* To work within defined frameworks, implementing policy and procedures.
* To take a pro-active approach in identifying gaps and solutions to Pay related matters, the HR Information System, Terms and Conditions of employment, & to discuss these issues and solutions with the appropriate members of the HR, Payroll, and other Departments.
* To identify and recommend areas for continuous improvement in HR operational matters
Use of Technology
* To collate and update a wide variety of monthly (circa 30), annual, and ad hoc statistics, reports and HR Management Information for internal and external use, including preparing standard & ad hoc reports and graphs (e.g. absence, turnover, establishment/headcount)
* Ability to use the Group’s IS systems, such as Report Writing, Performance Management software, email, MS Office, and the computerised HR Information System.
* Using the Group’s Computer system, ensure purchases are processed in a timely manner for payment, monitoring and processing invoices raised personally.
Budgets & Cash Handling
* To be responsible for the placing of orders (up to values determined within Group procedures) ensuring these are correctly coded for budgeting purposes.
* Further ad-hoc duties may be required