Warehouse Operative – Stock Control
You’ll be part of our global organisation where you will be supported to develop your career with comprehensive training and support provided. As a Warehouse Operative you’ll benefit from a salary of £24,313 to £27,649 level dependent on experience, plus a range of benefits including:
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Stakeholder pension scheme (with company contribution)
* Life assurance at x 8 salary
* Learning and development opportunities
* Bonus plan (profit share)
* Healthcare and Cycle to work scheme
* Subsidised canteen
* On-site occupational health assistance
You’ll be working from St Asaph in North Wales and be employed on a 12-month fixed term contract. Your hours of work will be Monday to Thursday 8:15am to 4:45pm, and Friday 8:15am to 12:15pm – so a superb early finish for the weekend. Flexibility will be required to meet business needs.
The Company and Role
We are Qioptiq, and we design and manufacture advanced optronics products and solutions that serve a wide range of markets and applications such as medicine, life science, industrial manufacturing, defence and aerospace, and research and development.
As a Warehouse Operative, you’ll be responsible for receiving, acknowledging and proactively processing customer requirements and monitoring activities to resolve customer enquiries. You will receive and visually check incoming stock and equipment, record your findings and make sure products are correctly located within the warehouse.
Other tasks will include, although will not be limited to, carrying out all necessary security controls on stock, and picking and delivering equipment by serial number and Works Order (WO) to and from repair and assembly lines.
What will I need to be considered for this Warehouse Operative vacancy?
* Proven warehousing and stock control experience, including manual handling
* Well organised and methodical with brilliant attention to detail
* Ability to meet the clearance requirements detailed below
Due to the nature of the business, Qioptiq requires employees to be cleared to SC Level by the MoD as outlined below.
The company would generally require candidates to fulfil the following requirements:
* They must be a born or naturalised British citizen and one of their parents must be a British citizen or have substantial ties to the UK.
* Candidates must normally have been resident in the UK for 5 years immediately prior to their application; this is particularly important if they were born outside the UK.
* Candidates will also need to complete and pass baseline Personnel Security Standard, Company Records Check, Criminal Record Check, Credit Reference Check and a Security Service Check.
More about us:
Qioptiq’s outstanding global reputation exists thanks to our dedicated team of over 5,500 employees. We endeavour to achieve excellent communication throughout the company, focusing on encouraging personal development and supporting individuals to exploit their potential, actively promoting their quest for knowledge, enjoyment of continuous learning and participation in the life of our company.
All applications for this Warehouse Operative vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions