Our client has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Quality Engineer to join their Barnstaple team for an initial 3-month contract that could become permanent. Previous Quality Engineering experience within a manufacturing company is essential and will need experience Implementing and Maintaining the QMS to ISO9001:2015 and IATF16949:2016 standards. Our clients Barnstaple site is an advanced manufacturing plant that adopts lean principles and continual improvement so experience working within a lean manufacturing environment is required. You will be able to run / implement PFMEA across processes; Design and Perform internal audits of the quality system and support the Quality Manager. If you are keen to work for a world class engineering company in a role that is very likely to become permanent after an initial 3 months then APPLY NOW!
About the Job…
The main duties for the Quality Engineer include:
* Implementation and Maintenance of the QMS to ISO9001:2015 and IATF16949:2016 standards; ensure implementation of all quality plans and procedures; identify and report deviations to the QA Manager with thorough CAPA completion.
* Be familiar and able to run / implement PFMEA across processes.
* Implement established quality systems and procedures, develop control plans
* Lead programmes to assess quality performance (or cost-of-quality) using statistical and analytical methods
* Develop, maintain and improve Customer relationships through acting with urgency and integrity to handle all queries, complaints, requests in a timely manner.
* Ensure that project and/or process control documentation is compliant with requirements and/or contract; give guidance and direction on orders.
* Give guidance, training and instruction to staff, customers and intermediaries on all relevant Quality matters
* Leading the implementation of Statistical Process Control through organising operator training, maintenance of data handling equipment and trouble-shooting of special cause problems.
* Handle any interdepartmental activities relating to the assurance of Quality.
* Apply continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to critical areas of production, leading kaizen events and advising personnel.
* Manage reporting out to Corporate Metric Databases.
* Managing Customer Concerns, completing 8D reports.
* Required assist manage all aspects of ISO9001 and support all IATF 16949 activities.
* Design and Perform internal audits of the quality system as related to documented procedures, work instructions, and the IATF 16949, ISO 9001 International Standards
* Represent the company by interfacing with customers, assisting with internal and external audits
* Ensure compliance to specified quality requirements by performing in-house and supplier audits and survey, as well as leading programmes to improve supplier performance through actions and daily interactions
* Prepare reports by collecting, interpreting, analysing and summarizing data and making recommendations
The right person…
* Proven experience as a quality engineer or quality technician within a manufacturing / engineering company
* Experience working to QMS ISO9001:2015 and IATF16949:2016
* Experience in oil, gas, valve or chemical industries a bonus!
* Must be fully conversant in all MS Office tools but should be at an advanced level with Excel.
* Tenacious, hard working, self motivated, energetic ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude with an enquiring mind and a desire to learn.
* Ability to communicate at ease at all levels both internally and externally to the business.
In return we offer…
* Initial 3-month contract potentially leading to permanent
* Full time position Monday to Thursday 8am to 4.30pm Friday 8.00am to 3.30pm.
* Excellent salary depending on experience / qualifications
To apply please email your CV to Claire – Click APPLY NOW! Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome all applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex or sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or belief. CQR will consider all applications solely on merit