Resilience Development Worker – Contract
Devon (office/field based, covering Exeter and East Devon)
£20,910 per annum Plus Home Working Options
If you have experience of community engagement, outreach and group work as well as health and participation programmes, this is an incredible opportunity to take on a rewarding contract and make a positive impact on your community.
Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative not-for-profit organisation that helps to make life better for older people in the UK.
Currently, we are working to deliver the Drink Wise, Age Well programme, which is funded by the National Lottery. This initiative aims to help people aged over 50 make healthier choices about their alcohol use as they age and undertake life transitions such as retirement.
Royal Voluntary Service is looking for a Resilience Development Worker to facilitate the programme’s success across Exeter and East Devon for a contract until the 31st March 2020.
As a Resilience Development Worker, you will help to deliver a range of activities as part of the Drink Wise, Age Well programme in Devon.
Specifically, you’ll support adults aged over 50, their families and communities to build knowledge and awareness in relation to alcohol use, triggers in isolation and loneliness, healthy living and aging.
Your role will also include:
- Developing and delivering a bespoke resilience programme based on shared activity, skills development, social contact and workshops
- Collaborating with partners to deliver an integrated programme including skills development, community awareness and befriending support
- Supporting individuals to ensure improved mental and physical health, greater control of their own lives, stronger relationships and community participation
- Delivering and communicating the Drink Wise, Age Well programme vision, mission, strategy and outcomes
To be considered, you will need:
- Knowledge and experience of community engagement, outreach and group work
- Experience of working in community health and participation programmes
- A good level of general education and substantial, demonstrable, relevant experience
- IT skills and awareness linked to Windows 2000 driven software
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
Enthusiastic and articulate, as a Resilience Development Worker, you’ll have excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills. You’ll also be highly-organised and proactive with the ability to prioritise your workload.
The working hours for this role are 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday. You’ll occasionally be required to work outside these hours.
This role will cover Exeter and East Devon. Ideally, you will be based within the area you’re covering, or be willing to relocate.
The closing date for applications is the 4th July 2018. Interview dates are to be confirmed.
To apply for the role of Resilience Development Worker (Contract), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Resilience Development Worker, Contract, Community Support Worker, Social Care Worker, Community Services Worker, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Community Care Co-ordinator, Healthcare Support Worker, Healthcare, Social Care