Technical Administrator/Document Controller
Contract position January 2018 - April 2018
Location - Devon (PL2 2BG)
37 hours per week
*CANDIDATES WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE OF NAVAL VESSELS AND/OR MARINE ENGINEERING*
The role will be offered at £10.22 per hour, plus holiday pay.
This key role is require for a busy Marine Engineering office. Ideal candidates will have experience in Engineering Administration, Document Control and be familiar with AutoCad.
Major Tasks and Activities:
* Updating of Drawing Packs using AutoCAD
* The preparation and production of AutoCAD drawings (within level of competence)
* Assist in the preparation and QA of documents produced within the section.
* Tkae minutes at meeting as require and produce relevant documentation.
* Provide assistance (within level of competence) to section members.
* To act as section representative and point of contact for receipt, recording and filing of all technical information held within the section.
Ideal candidate will have:
* Good Computer Aided Design (CAD) skills (specific training will be provided)
* Good Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel etc)
* Some general knowledge relating to the Marine Engineering
* Good understanding of Ship Building and/or Naval Practices.
Key Behavioural Competencies:
* Good communicatino skills, both written and verbal.
* Good work ethic to ensure alloted tasks are delivered to time and quality.
* Good team play who can develop an effective working relationships.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment