Vitality, Chief Information Security Officer (12 month fixed term contract), Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
Our Chief Information Security Officer will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including;
- Our award winning private medical insurance
- A comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
Working as our Chief Information Security Officer you will lead security strategy and mitigation activities across Vitality businesses. Responsible for the development and delivery of IT security standards, best practices, and architecture to ensure information systems. Consult and coach Vitality stakeholders to successfully execute the objectives of excellence in Cyber security, understanding their roles and responsibilities and ensure at all times Vitality remain at the forefront of good practice and putting customers first.
Responsible for planning, and execution of a successful cyber security program including the ongoing compliance with GDPR and ISO27001 practices.
Responsibilities as our Chief Information Security Officer:
- Develop and execute the Group Information Security Strategy
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure that information security within Vitality is relevant, cost-effective and is delivered in accordance with the Group Information Security Strategy
- Implement information security strategy, policies, shared security services and action plans, as required to deliver the security strategy.
- Keep pace with emerging technologies, risks and industry trends. Identify, analyse and assess the impact on the business environment, translating these into an updated strategy and execution plan with mitigation actions
- Implement continuous improvement processes and activities to ensure quality and relevance of information security services across all Vitality Businesses
- Promote a culture of information security and awareness
- Maintain control over execution of information security projects
- Identify and implement coordinated responses to information security audit and compliance issues
- Manage the information security budget for purchasing, staffing and operations
To become our Chief Information Security Officer, you will have the below skills and experience:
- Have an excellent understanding of the Information Security industry.
- Information Security and /or Information Technology industry certification (CISSP-ISSAP, CISM, ISO 27001 Lead - Auditor, GIAC or equivalent) strongly preferred, appropriate experience considered
- 7 years or more experience
- Understanding of UK and EMEA data protection regulations and industry compliance regulations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels
- Extensive management experience and proven mentorship experience
- Track record of collaboration and re-use of solutions in large organisations
- Strong commercial knowledge; ability to understand & integrate business &security strategies
- Able to achieve consensus on the ‘best’ approach in the circumstances with major stakeholders
- The ability to prioritise work and deliver results in a pressurised environment, through tactical and strategic planning
- The ability to manage significant client contact, providing expert advice which demonstrates judgement and an understanding of the business
- Ability to act calmly, rationally and proportionately in dealing with significant and or potentially reputational damaging security/data issues
- Ability to present information concisely and to clearly identify key issues at senior stakeholders
- Member of Institute of Information Security Professionals (M.IISP) strongly preferred but not essential
Working for Vitality as a Chief Information Security Officer, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best. We think work should be fun and sociable, and we want our people to get the most out of every day.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Chief Information Security Officer, please click ‘apply’ today.
Closing Date: Monday 5 February 2018