With over 50 years of experience in aviation technology, Curtiss-Wright's Sensors & Controls Division is continuing the legacy of flight innovation, providing critical components on a variety of commercial, defense and industrial platforms. From solenoid valves and sensors, to linear and rotary actuators, we work closely with systems integrators to deliver the most reliable products on the market.
Curtiss-Wright are recruiting for x3 Assemblers to support growth at our new facility at Bournemouth International Airport. These are full-time, 12 month fixed term contracts with the opportunity of the position becoming permanent for successful applicants.
The positions exists within our Integrated Sensors Business Unit where we manufacture high precision and high quality position sensors and solenoids for the Aerospace industry.
* Full training will be given to all successful candidates.
* Immediate interviews and start dates available working directly for the company.
* Four and a half day work week (37 hours Monday to Friday)
* Other benefits include but not limited to; free parking, pension, life assurance and an annual incentive plan!
* Operate in various Production Cells performing product assembly, repair and test functions
* Operate a "right first time/every time" and "zero defects" philosophy strategy within the department.
* Comply with all Quality Management System (QMS) requirements
* Perform visual inspection and Final Release to authorised levels
* Ensure all necessary Test Equipment/Tooling being utilised is available and within calibration
* Comply with all Health and Safety requirements
* Fully contribute to achieving Business Unit KPI (Key Performance Indicator) targets
Your Skills and Experience:
* Able to perform a variety of tasks, including soldering, mechanical assembly, crimping and wiring and fine work
* Experience within an electronic/mechanical manufacturing environment advantageous.
* Able to read and understand drawings and technical instructions.
* With instruction, use departments' process and test equipment/machines.
* Team player, with good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Good attention to detail, working either as an individual or as part of a team to produce products high in quality and workmanship in the timescales required.
* Flexible to meet the needs of the business.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition opens an email client application and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request