Vitality, Project Manager, Bournemouth, 6 month fixed term contract, £Competitive plus bonus and benefits
We’re the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we’re out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you’ll enjoy: complimentary breakfasts; regular onsite physical and mental wellness workshops; on-site health checks; annual flu jabs and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
It’s what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members and good for you.
As our Project Manager, you’ll get the benefits our members enjoy, including
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Access to The Vitality Programme – Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Champneys Spa days, half price gym memberships, Disney Store discounts to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 Days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more.
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions and awards – a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
Joining us as our Project Manager you will execute change within the time, budget and scope agreed at project commencement. You will also provide creative solutions to manage ongoing change requirements throughout the life of the project.
Responsibilities as our Project Manager:
- Proactively engage with senior sponsors and stakeholders to define and scope, then manage projects
- Participate in project benefits identification
- Agree roles and responsibilities for sponsors and stakeholders and continually monitor and adjust throughout the programme
- Establish the project governance model, team structures ad practices and working relationships
- Define and coordinate the securing of commitments from cross functional groups and external providers
- Establish milestones, activities and plans and manage performance against them
- Manage time, budget and scope movement in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines common to a rapidly growing company with an evolving business model
- Produce and manage budget and resource plans for the project and continually update these as change occurs
- Manage, document and escalate cost, risk and scope issues with programme manager and or sponsor as needed
- Follow the project methodology, practices and procedures appropriate for the particular project but still in line with PMO guiding principles
- Work with external vendors and outsourced providers
- Provide effect status updates to key stakeholder
- Identify, evaluate and document “lessons learned” during the project. Communicate best practices and lessons learned to project team members and other IT teams as appropriate
Skills and experience required to become our Project Manager:
- Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites
- Proven problem-solving, decision-making, and financial skills
- Appropriate knowledge of the regulatory and quality requirements for the financial services industry
- Effective business-development skills, including proposal development and preparation
- Bachelor’s degree required; or related experience in operations, IT or product development.
- Practical experience of different project methodologies
Closing Date: Friday 10th July 2020
Working for Vitality, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Project Manager, then please click ‘apply’ today