Millbank are currently working with a key nuclear client who is looking for a Quality Engineer to undertake a 6 month project in Dorset.
Working on a large-scale EPC engineering construction project, you will be responsible for ensuring Audits are undertaken in line with produced project assurance plan and ensuring that any adverse findings, including those raised by others, are closed out in a timely manner.
You will be experienced of working closely with all stakeholders and adept at developing client relationships to ensure the delivery of best safety and quality management.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Reviewing and evaluating Inspection & Test Plans, including those of sub-contractors prior to the commencement of work activities.
* Development, review, sign off and follow up of sub-contractors’ Quality Plans, Procedures relevant Quality documentation and records for project approval for offsite manufacturing works.
* All related Quality Inspections ensuring manufacturing and construction activities are carried out in accordance with specifications, standards and drawings
* Ensure an effective NCR process / system is in place to ensure effective close out of NCR’s raised through the inspection or audit process.
* To complete supplier assessment and audits to confirm subcontractors QA / QC activities against compliance to client project requirements with findings and LFE reported accordingly.
* Ongoing monitoring of records and review and acceptance of the completed quality record packages (LTR’s).
* Regularly reporting on QC activities completed for the project.
* Provide assistance with other company QA / QC activities as required.
* Management of site based sub-contractors.
Key Skills Required
* Thorough understanding of QC requirements for single discipline projects, multi-discipline EPC projects and construction contracts.
* Thorough understanding of the requirements for Nuclear Safety and the implementation of adherence both internally and within the supply chain.
* Comprehensive understanding of the contract or project technical acceptance criteria and related requirement.
* Ability to work in an integrated construction management team.
* Capable of managing and adhering to a high level quality system and effective in developing, managing and undertaking construction engineering inspection activities.
* Highly experienced in presenting / communicating standards and expectations to Senior Personnel within supply chain organisations.
Experience and Qualifications required
* Civil, structural / architectural experience essential.
* Site based M&E experience essential.
* 3.1 CSWIP welding inspector or PCN equivalent is desirable
* IRCA approved Lead Auditor Qualification.
* 5 or more years’ experience in the nuclear or related industry (highly regulated).
* Computer literacy in MS Word and Excel.
* Application of meeting the Industry standards and project specific requirements.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business