Title: Shift Operator
Rate: £12.14 per hour
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed
The Role Description
The duties of the shift operator are detailed below.
- Carry out decommissioning/waste/decontamination activities in a radioactive environment as directed.
- Carry out waste streaming, size reduction and packaging activities as directed.
- Operate powered equipment to facilitate decommissioning and waste tasks.
- Maintain waste records as required.
- Wear a variety of personal protective equipment and clothing.
- Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
- When requested cover the chargehand role during absences
- Level 2 NVQ in Nuclear Decommissioning
- Experience of operating forklift trucks, overhead cranes and lifting equipment
- Able to use protective clothing and equipment
- Possess an awareness of safe working practices
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to work to detailed instructions
- Computer literate
- Driving Licence
- Able to be a classified radiation worker in accordance with Ionising Radiation Regulations
- Able to work to a shift rota (including nights)
3 Crew 12-Hour Rotating Schedule
Additional information about the process
This role has been deemed out of scope of IR35
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
If you match these requirements, please apply as usual. Elevate will send you an email, please open, click and action it and your application will be visible to the hiring organisation directly.
Elevate provides a route to contract and contingent assignments across many skills areas by matching your profile to relevant jobs that our customers post to the platform.