Location: Dumfriesshire (Near Carlisle)
Salary: £196.00 - £238.00 - £280.00 LTD Day Rate (Outside IR35)
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Charlotte Williams -
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
To manage the Analytical Service functions of the Site, ensuring that appropriate standards are set to develop and deliver analytical analysis that meet site licence, discharge authorisations (EA(S)R18) and statutory requirements, in support of site operations and projects.
* Providing a radiochemistry service to the site
* Providing chemical testing and analytical services and providing specialist advice on chemical matters.
* Advising the site on the interpretation and application of statutory and mandatory chemistry requirements.
* Monitoring and controlling the receipt, storage, utilisation and disposal of chemicals and maintaining adequate records.
* Ensuring all analytical equipment is calibrated and maintained to the appropriate standard.
* Providing the site with an approved urinalysis service.
Providing effective leadership of team by own behaviours includingsetting clear goals for individuals holding individuals accountable for delivery goals establishing and maintaining standards giving, receiving and acting on feedback
* Continuously improving programme of own team by identifying deficiencies against internal and external standards and progressing an action plan to remediate
* Compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments.
* Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Support colleague’s learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
* Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company’s Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
Educated to degree level within a scientific related subject
Relevant experience in a similar position
Nuclear experience is desirable
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us