This is a great opportunity for an experienced Buyer/Inventory Planner/Stock Controller with excellent planning and ERP experience.
Working for a leading Dumfries employer and reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you will be a highly focused, results driven individual with demonstrable experience of managing change, process improvements, and achieving organisational profitability.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Ensuring timely and effective stock replenishment.
Successfully managing overstocked and unneeded inventory and by developing both internal and external relationships
Using the ERP system to manage the placement and rescheduling of purchase orders to maintain supplies
Constantly reviewing and developing Order parameters and controlling purchase order generation
Resolving fill rate issues on a timely basis, and taking any corrective action needed.
Taking responsibility for Product Recall to ensure that customer service is maintained
Ensuring that supplier details and product price information is accurately maintained on the appropriate system
Managing customer back orders by working in conjunction with Purchasing Assistants to correct supply chain on advance notification of a potential issue, continuing the resolution if the product does back order. At all times ensuring good quality communication occurs within the business to maximise customer service.
Ensure Freight Costs are managed to optimize costs for the Supply Chain, working to best practice guidelines as defined by the department lead
Work with the Operations Team to ensure smooth delivery of product to shelf and timely resolution of queries
Constantly review and suggest improvements to processes to bring efficiencies/cost savings to the Supply Chain
Develop Supplier Relationships and introduce measurement tools to improve supplier performance
Develop internal relationships, influencing key internal customers to promote professional purchasing principals across the business by way of timely communication and problem resolution
Progress and achieve set objectives as defined by the Department Head on an annual basis
Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required
£ Attractive salary
Bonus, pension and benefits.
Hours 9 to 5 Monday to Friday (1/2 hour lunch)
Then please send your CV ASAP and one of our Senior Consultants will be in touch to discuss your application in more detail
Would you like to earn more money whilst improving your work-life balance?
Join our team of contract Vehicle Technicians and MOT Testers who cover short and long-term contracts across the UK. We have thousands of businesses on our books who contact us when they need temporary cover. Our clients include dealerships, independents, fast-fit garages and government organisations.
Responsibilities and duties
- Carrying out light tech work to high industry standards (servicing, tyres, brakes, PDIs, etc.)
- Travelling to different garages daily/weekly/monthly to cover various contracts
- If you are an MOT Tester, conducting MOT inspections in line with DVSA standards (MOT
- Ensuring procedures are adhered to at all times
Knowledge/experience/qualifications required for this role
- Minimum of 5 years' experience
- A clean, full UK driving license (with no more than 6 points)
- City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 automotive qualification (or equivalent) or valuable
- Own vehicle and tools (specialist tools provided)
- Ability to work unsupervised in a well-equipped workshop
- An active and clean MOT licence (if you are an MOT Tester)
Why should you consider applying for this role?
- Excellent pay: up to £18 per hour (depending on distance travelled)
- Flexible working: choose the days you want to work (you decide to either accept or decline
- Variety of work: different garages for different contracts
- Constantly improve skills and build valuable experience
- Offset expenses against your tax for fuel, meals, tools, etc.
- Guaranteed minimum 8 hours a day with each contract
- Payroll is sorted internally for those who do not have a limited business
- Easy registration process
- Consultants allocate the work for you so no need to source it yourself
- Can create permanent opportunities
- Interact with new people
We find the work for you and manage the whole process, making your life easier, and this service is free to all our contractors.
If you are interested in this vacancy or would like more details, please contact Lucy King at Autotech Recruit on (Apply online only) or apply using the link below.