JOB TITLE: Materials Controller
SALARY/RATE AND BENEFITS: £12.82 per hour
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING: Have some relevant or similar experience of working in a busy warehouse environment.
IDEALLY YOU ALSO Be: Computer literate, for data input
COMPANY INFORMATION: EDF Energy
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
To receive and carry out a commercial inspection of spares and materials
* Receive non-stock items and deal with in an appropriate manner
* Resolve any discrepancies directly with supplier
* Issue and return spares and materials
* Process items for despatch
* Undertake cycle counts (manual) on request
* Warehouse Management (the physical storage of material) including material identification, location, access, handling, security, cleaning, storage and use of appropriate storage and handling equipment
* Undertake warehouse administration duties
* Any other duties necessary to underpin a controlled Supply Chain environment
Applicants for this role must:
Have some relevant or similar experience of working in a busy warehouse environment
Be computer literate, for data input and interrogation
Have good communication skills
Demonstrate a 'can do' approach
Be flexible as may have the opportunity to support other sites
Be effective at building trust and credibility in relationships
Possess a strong results focus
Have relevant commercial skills and knowledge to deliver value to the business
Demonstrates high level of personal motivation and integrity
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names
We are currently seeking, for our client, a Materials Controller to join a managed service company providing a range of services at EDF Torness Power Station.
This is for a 3 year fixed term contract working full time, 37 hours per week.
As a Materials Controller, you can expect a huge variety of responsibilities. Purchasing both stock and repairable services for the plant, you will take charge of stock replenishment and influence materials management for the entire station. It’s a highly regulated, immensely challenging environment. One that will require you to negotiate the best deals, get the best value for money and keep up to speed on market changes. You will be working with stakeholders that range from third-party suppliers to senior management, and will be managing inventories that cover engineering basics to highly specific equipment. Budgeting for every component the site needs, you’ll think strategically about procurement. Ultimately, keeping the downtime to an absolute minimum, while maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety.
The Principal Accountabilities:
• Purchasing of stock items and control of repairable services
• Ownership of the stock replenishment process from RFQ to delivery of goods
• Act as focal point for the materials replenishment process on site
• Develop station materials management strategies and procedures in line with corporate policy.
• Undertake regular performance reviews with key suppliers
• Underpin delivery of the materials plan through regular and pro-active liaison with internal customers
• Ensure appropriate actions are taken to ensure a timely flow of conforming materials with stock holding kept to a minimum
• Understand Station Operational Focus activities and be able to manage workload priorities to meet deadlines
• Management of Stock Value Control to meet Company objectives
• Identify and implement appropriate direct supply arrangements utilising best practice techniques and supplier expertise to improve internal logistics
• Analyse fleet stockholding to determine effective stocking and procurement strategy
• Strong numerical and organisational skills are essential for this role.
• Be an excellent communicator and have the confidence to challenge and negotiate whilst liaising and sharing information with key stakeholders.
• Excellent IT skills and be detail conscious; accurately reporting on stock and usage.
• Need a flexible work approach to deal with unexpected activity or changes to operational priorities
NES Global Talent are actively recruiting an experienced and suitably qualified Draughtsman to be based on site at our client's facilities at Torness Power Station. Joining an existing team, the ideal Draughtsman will have strong electrical, mechanical and civil skills.
Educated to HNC level or higher, you will have an established proficiency in using AutoCAD and Raster editing software as well as a keen eye for details and high accuracy in all tasks undertaken.
We are looking to recruit an experienced, multi-disciplined Draughtsman capable of providing drawing/document updates (mainly using AutoCAD), creating mark-ups and checking and approving from red-lined ‘As-Built` drawings using the relevant standards, processes and procedures.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Report to Site Manager
- Update drawings / documentation to ‘As-Built` drawings
- Provide QA checking/approval of drawings / documentation produced by CAD Operators and other Draughtsmen
- Locate associated drawings and review the impact the modifications may have, providing red-lined drawings for client technicians and engineers to work from
- Provide technical guidance when necessary
- Conduct site surveys when necessary
- Manage own workload to ensure timely delivery to clients
- Review client modification work packs received to ensure technical and construction information is correct
- Adhere to company policies & procedures
- Be part of the company Safety and Quality Culture
- Ensure client satisfaction is maintained / exceeded
- HNC qualification (or equivalent) or suitable experience
- AutoCAD qualification or suitable experience.
- Experience within a busy Drawing Office environment with the ability to cope with workload demands from both internal and external sources
- Experience of using a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience of working with clients on telephone or via e-mail in a professional manner.
- Excellent professional communication skills (written & oral)
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to learn new skills and adapt to changing workload demand
- Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy in all work undertaken whilst maintaining the ability to work to targets/deadlines
- Be a flexible team player and be able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Experience within the Nuclear / Power Generation sectors
- Demonstrate a good understanding of industry best practices and work to established standards and current legislation.
- Experience of using Electronic Document Management systems.
- Positive attitude to change
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients