Finance Business Partner
Location: Rainton, Durham
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
Salary: 320 per day PAYE
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams - - (phone number removed)
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business
EDF Renewables UK ("EDF RUK") is one of the UK's leading renewable energy companies, specialising in wind power and battery storage technology. EDF RUK develops, builds, operates and maintains wind farms and other renewable technologies throughout their lifetime. The EDF RUK portfolio of nearly 1,000 MW consists of 35 wind farms - including two offshore wind farms - and one of the largest operational battery storage units in Europe. In addition, EDF RUK is seeking to deliver further growth from its own development pipeline or though securing new acquisitions of projects and has more than 2GW consented, in planning and development. The Senior Business Partner will work with their manager to ensure delivery of the EDF RUK Finance team's objectives. The Senior Business Partner will assist the Manager in coaching the team to develop the team's skills and competencies.
What will you be doing?
* Assisting manager in coaching and supporting other team members
* Articulating to the EDF RUK business the key messages behind the financial performance
* Delivery of pertinent analysis to facilitate EDF RUK management team's and wider business's understanding of the performance of the relevant portfolio to aid decision-making
* Helping to developing the financial forecasts of the relevant assets and challenging the business teams on the assumptions driving these forecasts
* Representing EDF RUK Finance in key meetings with other business departments, EDF RUK Executive and external investors
* Delivery of documentation on the team's key processes
* Assisting in the development of new business-facing processes for new areas of activity within EDF RUK e.g. integration of new assets and liaising with the Investor Relations & Financing Senior Manager to establish the appropriate funding facilities
* Supporting projects to deliver organisational performance improvements leading to increasing profitability and/ or cash flow
* Understanding and analysing external economic trends, including the impact of government legislation, and the impact on the EDF RUK business
* Understanding the drivers of long-term profitability to facilitate management decision-making in areas such as capital expenditure priorities and new business areas
What you'll need to have
* Accounting qualification (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA). Several years' experience working in industry.
* Knowledge of both UK GAAP and IFRS and the confidence to apply them to practical examples is essential
* Knowledge of accounting policies, processes and systems.
* Strong numerical and analytical skills
* Able to challenge the way things are done and look at ways to make improvements to the business
* Proficient IT skills (Spreadsheets, database, Visual basic)
* Knowledge of internal systems (SAP, BOFC)
* Strong attention to detail and communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to prioritise conflicting activities and be proactive
* Act with complete integrity and confidentiality
* Committed to continuous improvement and development of skills and knowledge
* Experience of the energy or services industry is desirable.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us