Head of Business Process Improvement
We are looking for an influential Head of Business Process Improvement role, to lead the collaboration with the business, identify opportunities to refine business processes and support the delivery of the relevant changes. This will include running multiple process improvement initiatives as transformational programmes.
What you will bring…
* Extensive lean/six sigma experience, including deployment of process management strategies
* Experience and knowledge of various lean tools, Kaizen etc
* Experience of delivering standard change projects (non-process improvement/design)
* Black Belt Certified/Master Black Belt certified with Lean Six Sigma experience
* Proven experience in a process improvement and design environment
* Demonstrable experience in business analysis and process improvement
* Good presentation, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relay information clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications
* Ability to listen to and resolve customer issues whilst preserving positive relationships
* Ability to work in a fast moving matrix management environment with many often conflicting demands
What you will do…
* Analysing processes and making recommendations to resolve business problems
* Assisting stakeholders to identify and define opportunities to gain benefit
* Proposing and delivering change initiatives to deliver benefit and service improvements
* Delivering process improvement projects end to end from the definition of scope through to conclusion using methodologies such as DMAIC, DMADV etc
* Preparing and delivering presentations/communications to employees, stakeholders, and the senior management team as required.
* Facilitating in the production of process definitions and flows in conjunction with the business.
* Developing process hierarchies and value streams, linking these to business capabilities
* Assisting stakeholders in the construction of suitable communication material throughout the life cycle of each project.
* Establishing and enhancing processes and quality management systems to monitor process efficiency and effectiveness
* Effectively managing the change journey, ensuring the appropriate engagement and training is identified and delivered to those involved/impacted by change, to ensure change is understood and accepted.
* Developing and embedding process ownership and process management, providing the tools, such as Standard Operating Procedures, Management Information Packs and suitable dashboard to ensure the change is sustained.
Stakeholder Management will be key to this role, building and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships in a positive way at every level they engage with.
* Recognised in the business as a go-to person for information and/or advice in the context of business process review and improvement.
* Building and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships through face-to-face, written and oral communication
* Dealing with stakeholder queries professionally and expeditiously creating an environment where colleagues and customers recognise positive outcomes
* Maintaining a solid understanding of high level processes and procedures internally
Ambassador for Change
* Challenging the status quo and being a thought leader, engaging others in thinking differently
* Maintaining a positive attitude towards change internally and externally
* Identifying and recognising the impact of change on colleagues and customer, supporting this positively
Training Coaching and Mentoring
* Helping to maintain business awareness of process improvement methodologies such as Kaizen, Yellow/Green belts certification etc.
* Recognised as focal point, trainer and mentor to the business as a process improvement expert
* Remaining knowledgeable and aware of current market thinking through self-directed professional reading and market interface
Business Results Achiever working across the business to understand the key drivers and priorities.
* Understanding the business problem and desired outcome
* Quantifying the business benefits for process improvements and how these will be realised
* Demonstrating a commercial and strategic awareness to be able to recommend and prioritise where to focus energy
* Delivering results