Based at: Home based
Hours: Part time – 20 hours per week and to be serviced 5 days a week
Basis: Fixed Contract to 31st March 2019
Pay: £17,000 plus £3,000 car allowance / expenses per annum
The Dunedin Construction Training Group main aim is to deliver effective training and support, at a competitive rate, to Construction companies working in the Edinburgh and Lothian area.
The focus of the Group is;
To assist member companies in achieving their training and staff development objectives, whether it is by sourcing and delivering training, or providing advice and guidance.
To generate a positive training culture within the area, in order to promote health and safety best practice, and reduce accidents and injuries.
To improve the competency and skills of workers in the Construction Industry.
To run the Training Group, manage the administration, provide a service to group members and produce the statistical returns on activities. To represent the Training Group on a one-to-one basis with companies and at regional construction and training events.
Ideally this role would suit the following individual;
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
• A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and works to deadlines
• An excellent communicator with the ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences face-to-face, by telephone and in writing, in particular utilising email
• Flexible ethic to work
• Works conscientiously and accurate with details
• Background in either training or construction preferable
• Familiarity with CITB grants and processes
• Must be computer literate with practical knowledge of MS Excel and Word
• Experienced in Internet research and email
• Driving licence and access to own car essential