My client is one of the most respected manufactures in their field.
Their accounts department are currently recruiting for a part time Accounts Assistant, working Monday - Friday (28-30 hours a week).
The purpose of this role is to undertake the day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities in a timely, efficient and accurate manner to include -
- Completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices;
- Charge expenses to appropriate ledger accounts and cost centres by matching supplier invoices to authorised Purchase Order
- Ensure completeness of purchase liabilities recorded on the balance sheet through regular supplier statement reconciliations
- Reconcile posted supplier invoices to open Purchase Orders to quantify the GRNI for month end management accounts completion
- Prepare Suggested Payment report for review and approval by senior finance management for each payment run
- Identify suppliers offering payment discounts, incorporating and quantifying the benefit of such payments in each Suggested Payment report
- Be the point of contact for supplier queries and ensure the resolution payment disputes
- Prepare and present to senior finance report of supplier invoices with no supporting Purchase Order and other non-authorised purchases
- Verify employee expense reports and make payment for fully compliant and authorised expense claims
- Preparing analyses of supplier account activity and periodic reports, as required
- Continuously identify improvements to the payment process
- Ensure a detailed SOP document for purchase ledger activities is maintained
- Ad hoc tasks as required
The ideal candidate will have knowledge in Microsoft Office and be confident using financial software systems, such as Sage and Protean.
If you feel you suit the role, please apply below or send your CV to (see below)