Our client is seeking a candidate to cover a 1 year maternity post supporting their busy team directors, engineers, planners and scientists. You will manage and and train the other administrator in the team and generally ensure the team are well supported. This role would suit an Office manager/PA who has previous experience and is keen to get involved in all aspects of running the office. Experience of project support and facilities would also be welcome in this role. The purpose of the role is to be the first point of contact for customers and to process their requirements to the highest standard.
* Providing administrative support to the team including typing letters, e-mails and other relevant documentation.
* Acting as the first point of contact for technical teams and proactively responding to all enquiries in a professional manner and ensuring they are completed effectively.
* Assisting technical teams with project work, which includes liaising with external contacts, assisting with report writing and setting up projects using internal management systems.
* Extensive and proactive diary management including arranging and managing appointments, lunches, travel and accommodation and producing itineraries and other documents as required.
* Processing and preparing daily correspondence, reports, presentations and other related documentation in conjunction with the appropriate internal contact.
* Ensuring all administrative systems run smoothly i.e. filing, archiving and accurate record keeping as well as supporting internal systems to ensure on-going compliance.
* Provide support to ensure that QMS procedures are adhered to.
* Liaise and coordinate with facilities management as required
* Attending meetings, as requested, ensuring that clear concise notes are taken and distributed accordingly in a timely fashion and expediting actions as appropriate.
* Providing office support such as meeting and greeting visitors to the office in a professional and friendly manner, answering telephones, scheduling and managing meetings, logging and distributing incoming and outgoing post, filing and other general duties.
* Effectively manage any ad-hoc administrative duties as required
* Mminimum of 5 years' administration experience
* Excellent communication and organisational skills.
* Coordinating and prioritising administrative tasks and delegating across a range of activities
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, (in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
* Experience and managing and supervising the work of other administrators.
* Must be highly organised and have excellent attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills both face to face and over the telephone
* Flexible to meet business needs
* High degree of self- management, initiative, reliability and flexibility to ensure that the best possible service is given internally and externally
* Proactive, efficient and accurate and have the ability to work unsupervised
* Have the ability to communicate and liaise with colleagues at all levels