What is the purpose of this role?
You will play a key role within the delivery of a large volume street lighting replacement contract, undertaking street lighting design services to deliver projects within agreed timescales and budgets.
This role requires an Electrical Engineer on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract.
What will this role involve?
* Assist the Electrical and Lighting Manager ensuring that the Electrical and Lighting Design Service is successfully delivered
* Produce detailed road lighting designs in accordance with relevant standards and codes of practice
* Produce detailed electrical designs for private cable networks in accordance with relevant legislative standards
* Produce detailed electrical designs of exterior lighting installation cable supply networks and controls in accordance with the relevant legislative standards
* Ensure continuous awareness of client requirements and potential changes to projects and advise the Project Manager in regards to change control and implications
* Undertake comprehensive electrical and lighting site surveys including night time lighting assessments when required
* Prepare impact assessment reports, conceptual designs and feasibility studies
* Support growth of the business, in particular the provision of Electrical and Lighting design services to both new and existing clients
* Liaise with clients, professional organisations, contractors, sub-consultants and other design teams
What are we looking for?
* HNC, HND or Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
* Associate Member of the Institution of Lighting Engineers
* Working towards full membership of ILP and registration as an Incorporated Engineer
* Full UK driving licence Skills
* Fully conversant with AutoCAD applications and ability to provide quality AutoCAD drawings
* Experience Comprehensive knowledge of British and European electrical and lighting Standards
* Good understanding of Traffic Signs Manual Experience in production of Highway lighting designs in accordance with BS5489
* Conversant with lighting design software i.e. Lighting Reality and KeyLIGHTS
* Experience in the production of cable network designs in accordance with BS7671
* 17th Edition of IEE wiring regulations
* Highway Electrical Registration scheme (HERs) - Approved person Engineering Technician Status Approved person under National Highways Sector 8 Scheme
What makes this role unique?
You will produce innovative and cost effective whole life cycle design solutions.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer