Financial Control Senior Analyst
Day Rate Contractor
Full time - 6 Months
We are a bank focused on driving market leading customer service we can be proud of. We do this by putting the customer at the heart of everything we do, serving the communities in which we operate with the level of professionalism and friendliness that they expect and deserve. We are currently part of the RBS Group trading under the Royal Bank of Scotland brand in England and Wales and the NatWest brand in Scotland. Internally, we refer to ourselves as Future Williams & Glyn Team.
RBSG was engaged in a major divestment programme that is currently active on a holding position relating to selling some of its UK Branch Network and SME/Mid Corporate customers. As part of this Group Programme, Williams and Glynn Financial Control is responsible for the ongoing delivery of the key reporting outputs required to meet the current term sheet requirements.
The roles will support the W&G FC teams manage and execute the delivery of the business as usual outputs as well as change activities on a basis determined by capacity and changing priorities over the remainder of 2017.
* Being part of a team responsible for the delivery of financial statements on a regular basis being a key member of the team responsible for key elements of the delivery.
* Responsible for sourcing, transforming relevant data into key outputs of the financial statements for both the core and supplementary elements.
* Responsible for ensuring sufficient controls are in place to ensure accuracy, completeness and audit trail along with reconciliation processes being built into the overall process, fitting in with the overall control framework.
* Review the key components of the statements with regard to trends and other financial outputs to ensure the financial statements are robust enough to stand up to the review and challenge from key Stakeholders.
* Responsible for Stakeholder management building solid working relationships being capable of communicating the context as well as the detailed requirements or refinements necessary to ensure delivery.
* Have a good understanding of reporting standards and RBSG accounting policies and how they align to key processes and reporting.
* Good working knowledge of key systems relevant to supporting the financial statement reporting including some of the following Walker, HFM, GFDW, UKBMIS, SGL, MS Office etc.
* Team player capable of working on one's own initiative and being able to work within a team ensuring support for a cohesive approach focused on delivering quality outputs meeting agreed milestones.
* Awareness of changes to business requirements ensuring any impacts to outputs are sufficiently assessed and appropriate changes are implemented within required timescales.
* Interface with key Stakeholders at peer level and above within the Programme and Business Unit, including other GFS Finance teams or external to Finance e.g. Tresury, Tax, GCA, Risk/GRG etc.
* External Auditors - to manage the delivery of the plan.
* Senior Managers and other Managers within own Function.
Critical Competencies: skills and abilities required for the role
* Communicating (Level 4)
* Achieving Excellence (Level 4)
* Influencing (Level 3)
* Understanding Issues (Level 3)
* Gathering Information (Level 3)
* Finding Solutions (Level 3)
* Collaborating for success (Level 3)
* Professional Accounting Qualification with at least 3 years post qualifying experience in a Finance environment.
* Team player working within a finance team including preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting delivering accurate and timely FI and experience of the process of "review and challenge".
* Ability to meet tight deadlines with a high quality output.
* Experience of working and building strong business relationships in a changing and fast moving environment.
* Experience of influencing at managerial level and maintaining ongoing relationships with key clients.
* Experience of working autonomously to prioritise own and teams workload
* Ability to apply and consolidate finance skills and knowledge to a diverse range of Financial issues, through application of technical accounting skills.
* Core Financial systems and processes
* Some roles will require knowledge of dual currencies and reporting jurisdictions of UK
This role will be assessed against the Williams & Glyn competency framework for this Band
* I am a proud advocate of Williams & Glyn
* I care for our customers and the wider community
* I treat Williams & Glyn like my own business
* I take accountability
What you'll get in return
Upon joining the team, you will receive an attractive reward package plus the opportunity to participate in a bonus scheme linked to helping our customers and the success of the business.
Generous holiday allocation of 30 days per year, plus bank holidays (pro rata for hours worked).
A flexible reward package designed to benefit you as an individual - including discount vouchers for popular high street stores, discounted protection products such as life assurance and private medical cover, as well as childcare vouchers and other attractive options.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks