Our client within the public sector based in Edinburgh's city centre is looking for a Network Service Engineer. This would be initially a three to six month contract and looking for an immediate start.
We are looking for a Network Service Engineer contractor to work in the IT Infrastructure Division, Communications Infrastructure Section of our clients operation.
This section is responsible for operational support, maintenance and development of all our clients wired and wireless core network infrastructure.
Requirements for a technical network specialist who has over five years of experience in IP networking in an enterprise environment.
Candidates would be expected to possess a degree in a relevant subject area or equivalent qualification. Relevant professional experience or knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies to Cisco CCNA/CNNP standard.
* A University degree in a technical area together with a minimum of four year's relevant experience; or at least ten year's relevant technical experience, demonstrating involvement in progressively more demanding technical roles.
* Five year's experience of and substantial expertise in data and voice networks, including the detailed operation of the Internet Protocol (IP) and a wide range of higher-level protocols, network equipment, architecture and design, network security, and the Unix operating system.
* At least five year's experience of the operational management and service delivery of a data and/or voice network or significant part thereof.
* Excellent general IT skills, with expert-level detailed and comprehensive knowledge and skills in relevant specialist areas.
* Excellent diagnostic, fault-finding and problem-solving skills in relevant highly technical areas.
* Excellent communication and team working skills.
* Ability to respond quickly to events.
* Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision.
* Switching technologies and protocols including IPv6.
* Routing protocols (OSPF and BGP).
* Firewalls (Cisco ASA).
* Cisco and HP products.
* 10Gb Datacentre Networking - preferably with Brocade products.
* DNS - ideally BIND experience.
* DHCP - familiar with Windows Server implementations.
* VPN (Cisco ASA 5500).
* Network Monitoring - preferably SolarWinds knowledge or experience.
* Familiar with Linux CLI operating systems.
* Fibre and UTP cable.
* Wireless Network Design, implementation and authentication.
* IoT - Infrastructure installation and support.
* 2nd and 3rd line support in an ITIL environment.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
This role will require core hours of 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
If you have the above experience and wish to hear more contract, please click the link below to apply!
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND