We have a new requirement for a Vehicle Mechanic to join a multinational engineering services company, working in Colchester.
You will cover the inspection, servicing, repair, maintenance and overhaul of vehicles/equipment and electrical equipment including diagnostic. Carrying out vehicle examination to meet production requirements.
* Carry out work to the required standard and specification as detailed in accordance with EMERs & AESP’s, customer requirements, current regulations, local instructions, process plans and other technical publications.
* Undertake diagnostic repair and inspection processes on vehicles and equipment.
* Ensure that time cards are filled out correctly daily.
* Completion of vehicle documentation and test certificates and reports.
* Ensure stores and equipment issued to task is used for their correct purpose.
* Maintain the requirements of COSHH, Health & Safety and other statutory regulations. Ensure a good standard of engineering, hygiene and safety in the work area to ensure the correct disposal of any waste or hazardous products, ensure security, maintenance and serviceability of tools and test equipment, reporting any faults to the WKSP Manager or Supervisors.
* Consult Supervisors regarding any problems affecting the repair process, especially when additional work is deemed necessary.
* Consult Supervisors regarding any problems affecting Quality or Health & Safety.
* You will be required to work flexibly and should be prepared to perform other tasks that are outside the normal duties of the post but are within their capabilities and grade.
* Vehicle Mechanic Indentured Apprenticeship or equivalent NVQ L3, or UK Forces Class 1 Vehicle Mechanic – proof of certification required at application stage
If you have the required skills and Experience, APPLY NOW