Essex - Benfleet, Castle Point, Rayleigh, Rochford areas
£9.50 - £11.00 per hour (Plus travel expenses)
Full time and part time opportunities available, including evening work. (Please note all staff operate on an alternate weekend basis, which is made up during the week.)
The Kinect Services care team provide domiciliary services to clients with varying needs surrounding their age, mental health, physical disabilities or learning difficulties.
As a care assistant, you will be joining a team focused on providing high quality care and support services, with a focus of improving client’s day to day lives and promoting independence as much as possible.
All training will be given and your competencies in delivering tasks will be assessed both on the job and in class based training.
You could be working with client’s one to one, or in a group based setting. Kinect Services Limited provide a range of care and support services both in the home and in the community. Some of our services include:
* Personal care
* Food preparation
* Day care services
* Respite sitting services
* Medication management
* Help in accessing the community
* Accompanying client’s in day to day activities such as appointments or going shopping
You will be working directly with client’s who have individual support needs, who are often vulnerable. In addition to providing the above mentioned activities, you will also need to be able to:
* Promote the dignity and privacy of clients.
* Be willing to go the extra mile for your clients.
* Monitor and report any safeguarding concerns.
* Attend supervision and management meetings.
* Be able to work on your own and as part of a team.
* Record details of client contact, reporting all necessary information.
* Have a caring and supporting nature and be open to new challenges.
* Adapt to clients’ needs, supporting their independence, equality and diversity.
* Communicate effectively with those around you and demonstrate good and listening and written skills.
* Be flexible with your working hours, which will involve evenings and weekend shifts, as well as working over bank holidays.
* Show empathy and compassion in your work, promoting the emotional and physical wellbeing of your clients and colleagues.
**NB: As you are delivering care to vulnerable people in the community, it is essential that you are able to drive and have access to a vehicle