* Addressing corporate, trade, business and financial news media issues as part of the corporate team and interacting with national, regional and specialist print, broadcast and web media. Subject headings include technology, manufacturing, vehicle sales and service, employment and diversity issues
* Establishing and developing direct working relationships with the key media in the subject headings above
* Establishing strong relationships with key contacts within the SMMT to align with industry positions in a dynamic, rapidly-changing media environment
* Forging new internal/external UK media contacts within the area of Smart Mobility in order to build awareness of this key new company investment, and keep pace with its rapid growth
* Support C&PA leadership in the development of positioning and response paperwork in the rapidly evolving and complex areas of the business such as Brexit, C02/NOx emissions, etc
* Maintaining a comprehensive contacts list for all key media categorised by media type, platform and subject matter
* Establish and develop internal relationships with our client's departments such as HR, Manufacturing, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, etc. to support corporate affairs activities
* Development and dissemination of proactive news and feature stories
* Development of general media materials (press releases, statements, Q&As, etc.) for the corporate affairs team
* Supporting events and heritage operations managed by the corporate team
* Ensuring a first-class reactive communication response service to media enquiries
* Briefing photographers and managing photographic/video shoots supporting corporate communications
* With the news manager, corporate affairs, maintain a day-to-day working relationship between British corporate affairs and the European corporate affairs department in the UK and Germany
* Responsible for overseeing the Heritage Centre operation, including leading two hourly employees, strategic operation of 100 assets, health and safety responsibility, etc
* Confident and outgoing manner, comfortable communicating with external media and senior leadership alike
* Outstanding writing and analysis skills appropriate for print and social media
* Knowledge of and ability to interact positively with social and web media
* Interpersonal skills enabling strong relationship building internally and externally
* General IT skills: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc
* Experience of either PR, Marketing or communications role
* Automotive background
* Academic qualifications appropriate to the auto industry and public affairs
* A driving licence and demonstrated interest in cars and the automotive industry
* Degree qualified
Do not miss out on your chance of interview – APPLY NOW!
Our Clients are unable to provide sponsorship for Tier 2 General Visas; therefore, only candidates eligible to work in the UK need apply!
Caresoft Global Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency.
We are an independent highly-experienced recruitment consultancy dedicated to specialist markets within the Automotive, Aerospace, Agricultural & Construction Industries.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and we welcome all applications