GxP Recruitment invites applications on behalf of our biopharmaceutical client in Scotland’s central belt where an excellent opportunity now exists for a Lab Technician to join their team to cover a 2 year period.
Key duties include:
* Performance of basic compendia testing when required in support of project/product development work
* Performing data entry for project work and GMP activities (technical report writing)
* Assisting with the setting up and clearing up of laboratory processes as needed, including decontamination and equilibration of equipment and buffer preparation
* Providing support to AD scientists for HPLC-based analytics, in regards to both equipment trouble-shooting and analytical methods
* Improvement of Quality System
* Maintaining lab equipment, e.g. calibration of balances and meters, cleaning and testing of HPLCs etc..
* Managing consumables, e.g. maintaining stocks of buffer salts and solvents
* Ensuring completion of daily/weekly/monthly housekeeping tasks, e.g. ordering, deliveries / shipment , waste/recycling, testing safety showers
* Close liaison with Safety Manager - identifying problematic areas (e.g. mess, clutter, unsafe working spaces), informing persons responsible and taking measures to prevent recurrence
* Close liaison with Vendors and Clients regarding the shipping and receipt of materials
* Close liaison with Engineering regarding mechanical and electrical issues in the lab
The ideal candidate profile:
* HNC or higher in Chemistry or Biology
* 1+ years of experience as lab technician or lab support position in an industrial laboratory
* Good time management and ability to balance project work with daily lab maintenance duties
* Ability to prepare buffers and test quality (use of pH, conductivity, osmolality, density meters) with working experience of compendia testing.
* Good understanding of HPLC systems (specifically Waters and Agilent) and good trouble-shooting skills
* Technically orientated
* Data-handling and data entry skills