Engineering contracting company in the petro-chem, Oil and Gas, chemical and Power field.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• To undertake work related to Projects for National Grid Gas Transmission in South Scotland. These Projects are associated with work on high pressure gas, large diameter, Block Valve Stations and Multi Junction Sites.
• The work will include site surveys; equipment specification; scope of work documents; design; equipment procurement; costing of jobs; liaison with National Grid, vendors and other suppliers; management and direction of mechanci al designers; management of the NGG design verification and approval process; management of sub contractors; support of construction and installation activities; site testing and commissioning. All work shall be undertaken in accordance with NGG standards and specifications.
• The Engineer shall have experience of working on high pressure pipe systems; valves; valve actuators (hydraulic; mechanical gearbox; electric) in a highly regulated industry. Experience of the detail of the valve stem to actuator drive detail would be beneficial.
The Engineer should also have experience of aspects of the welding of pipe and fittings: weld specifications; welders' qualifications; weld qualification etc.
• The following would be very beneficial:
• Experience of working on NGG jobs
• Possession of an EUSR (Gas) Card
• SC091 Qualified and Registered
• Represent the interests of BIS in all interactions with the client and maintain client relationships
• Make independent decisions on issues, providing expert technical support within and across disciplines, liaising directly with the client where required
• Carry out work on own initiative meeting agreed milestones, costs and quality targets
• Supervise Designers within own discipline, for delivery of detailed work packages
• Act as Project Engineer for smaller/single discipline projects
• Manage suppliers to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of procured equipment
• Ensure Safety, Health and Environmental protection are inherent in engineering design
• Ensure that all safety, design requirements, QA and project management procedures are applied and maintained
• Be responsible for ensuring quality, checking and approval of discipline design deliverables
• Comply with all safety and COM requirements for design work, including design reviews, risk assessments, customer instructions, site regulations, HAZOPS, and Safe Systems of Work
• Comply with BIS company processes, procedures, H&S and Environmental policies
• Carry out engineering design in accordance with approved design guides, procedures, statutory regulations, customer requirements, British/European Standards and Codes of Practice
• Contribute to the production of cost and man-hour estimates
• Contribute to the preparation of project scoping documents
• Prepare specifications and requisitions for equipment
• Manage and report all costs on allocated projects in terms of progress, cost control and variations
• Carry out design, calculation and studies relevant to the engineering discipline
Carry out site surveys of existing assets, augmenting design to ensure robust fit for purpose engineering solutions
5+ years experience in relevant discipline engineering design
Sound technical knowledge and expertise in all areas of relevant engineering discipline
Experienced in the selection & specification of relevant equipment
Application of all key relevant British and European standards and regulations
Experience within process industries
HNC Discipline Engineering + 10 years experience
Degree in relevant Discipline Engineering