This is a technical role for an experienced Civil / Structural Engineer who will be familiar with process plant fabric maintenance e.g. corrosion issues; including specification of suitable protective coatings, structural remediation, structural surveys both intrusive and non-intrusive for various structural elements, detailed design of pipe racks, pipe supports, modification of existing process building structures, ground bearing foundations, pile caps, retaining walls, drainage & U/G services.
Typical duties will involve the following:
• Producing and checking calculations, liaison with multi discipline engineering team, Client project team and site operators.
• Experience with tank foundation design and bund works within a Petrochemical facility would be beneficial
• Must have experience of working in a project portfolio environment, working on multiple project requirements simultaneously with adherence to key project drivers.
• Must have experience and be conversant in relevant Concrete and Steel work Euro-codes for Heavy Industrial Civil / Structural works. The above is in addition to working to British codes.
• Heavy industrial, Petrochemical and Oil & Gas experience required.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment