Typical tasks & duties will include:
• Run requirements and scoping workshops with the customer, delivery partners and sales.
• Technical lead for major network deployments and migrations. Produce design, validation, and migrations plans.
• Lead implementation and/or execution of those plans.
• Evaluate customer networks for performance, scalability, and security and provide recommendations to customers about improvements to network configurations and topologies to prevent problems before they occur.
• Work with the internal Juniper Networks technical teams for placement of products and feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability.
• Work closely with colleagues and customer’s personnel to help test, design, and plan for deployments of new products and features.
• Support networks in early stages of deployment
• Formulate network management strategies
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with the customer's technical management and teams
• Build a strong customer relationship to become the trusted advisor for the Customer Engineering teams
• Allow Juniper to understand Customer Engineering long term plans and decision, while identifying and positioning tailored solutions proposals aligned with customer objectives
• Act as a technical liaison between the Customer, Account Teams and Juniper PS delivery teams
• Demonstrate and point out Juniper Professional Service value
• Participate in Project Delivery, by taking ownership of
Architecture/Design, and provide technical guidance to other team members (SDN/Contrail).
Typical activities are around the following key areas:
• Developing and documenting High- and Low-Level Network Designs
• Design Validation and Verification testing
• Interoperability testing
• Network Implementation planning
• Trouble-shooting/fault finding
• Knowledge Transfer workshops
• Education to bachelor degree level preferred, with 5+ years of experience in a technical role (Service Provider networks and/or large Enterprises), including 3+ years spent supporting large IP networks.
• Good industry knowledge. Broad technical expertise, e.g. Security, switching and management system.
• Very strong knowledge (JNCIP/JNCIE, CCIE level) of the operation, design principles and troubleshooting of Open Stack is key.
• Linux strong skills
• Openstack (better RHOSP) skills. We do not need a guru on this but of course someone that has a good understanding
• Networking (mainly in Linux environment) skills
• SDN (better Contrail) understanding and ability to be trained on the job
• French speaking (I don’t want to say that this is a MUST, but it’s for sure a very important requirement)
• Very good relational skills
• Knowledge of Contrail plus
• Effective consultancy, planning & communication skills, excellent inter-personal skills, ability to work on multiple projects and manage customers appropriately.
• Excellent communication skills