My client in Germany are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer with aerospace engineering background to join the team, supporting various major Aerospace and Energy clients. My client provide design engineering services and CAD modelling as part of design modification work packages.
My client is looking for long term engagement over the course of a project that will last up to several years. Please note, that only people with a valid VISA / Work Permit for Germany will be eligible for this position.
Interviews will be held in CW 8-9, and if the right person is found, my client can move quickly and get someone on board as soon as possible.
You will be providing engineering support for the rotatives department in the following areas:
- Draughting and modeling of various gas turbine components in CAD
- Concept development and prototype design of various components of gas turbines and aero engine assemblies as well as test rigs.
* 3D CAD modelling (Unigraphics NX9,10,11)
* Liaising with design team and modelling new concepts
* Engineering drawings
* Detail component design including tolerancing and bolt checks
* Design for Manufacture
* Drawing modifications
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace or similar
* Very good knowledge of the CAD package NX (NX9,10,11) Preferred
* Experience of design of aero-engine or industrial gas turbine systems and all associated components (e.g. bearings, seals, casings, rotatives, turbomachinery etc.)
* Liaising with specialist teams (stress, materials)
* Good knowledge of manufacturing processes
* Proactive attitude and ability to communicate and report at different levels.
* Excellent communication skills with a good level of verbal and written English
If you are interested, please send me your up to date CV and availability and I will call you back as soon as I can!
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law