Simpson Booth are working on a fantastic opportunity on behalf of our client
Our Client, a multinational IT Consultancy is consolidating their end customer's distributed network infrastructure into a central data center in Hamburg, Germany by hiring up to 12 professionals (8 network engineers and 4 senior network engineers).
The main responsibility of this role is to make distributed/decentralized network infrastructures fit for the consolidation.
Doing so requires on-site presence of the contractor in Hamburg, however the majority of the time will be spent travelling across Europe with a potential element of travelling worldwide (Asia, Pacific).
- Discovery, assessment and planning, go to sites, analyse existing network infrastructure in distributed data centres/client sites and applications. The work will be conducted throughout Europe and in teams of 4 (3 engineers 1 senior engineer).
- Phase 1 includes but is not limited to:
- In-depth analysis of the existing hardware, software
- Collection of information and data, creation of migration plans
- Creating BOMs of new devices and potentially software
- Connect network with Indian network infrastructure and handover
- Phase 2 includes:
- NW hardware providers coming to distributed data centres/client sites
- This will be accompanied by the team in order to install/implement the devices and supervise the providers onsite
- There will be devices and products from several brands/vendors getting implemented. The existing infrastructure is heterogeneous too, however with an emphasis on Cisco (backbone) and HP.
- The contractor will report into the Client's line manager
- Solid network experience (multiple products and brands, with an emphasis on HP/Cisco)
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the networking environment
- Ideally valid Cisco certifications
- Knowledge of: site surveys (on-site discovery), BOM sizing and ordering, network and system analysis, routing, switching, LAN (/WAN), Client Server-infrastructures, installation/implementation and configuration of network components, migration skills
- Fluent English speaker
- Type of contract: freelancer
- Duration: 6 to 9 months
- Location: Hamburg, Germany (on-site presence is required)
- Rate: 390 - 600 EUR per day, depending on experience and role offered
- Work pattern: full time (5 x 8)
- Travel expenses will by paid by the Client
Due to the high levels of interest in our advertised vacancies and the number of applications we receive, Simpson Booth regrets that it is not always possible to respond to all submissions. If you have not heard from Simpson Booth regarding your application within 14 days please assume that, in this instance, you have been unsuccessful.