JOB TITLE: Incident Controller
SALARY/RATE AND BENEFITS: £15.51 per standard hour.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:Excellent IT and communications skills.
IDEALLY YOU ALSO HAVE:Dispatch / skills.
COMPANY INFORMATION: Scottish Power UK PLC
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion’s approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
Job Purpose Statement
• Responsible for network incident creation, resource allocation and reporting processes in real-time across the franchise area.
• Responsible for operation of the outage management system and updating of data in PowerOn and associated systems.
• Responsible for updating customer and regulatory information to provide a high standard of customer service.
• Correctly process PowerOn incidents, ensuring correct staff and contract resources are prioritised and dispatched to achieve supply restorations.
• Monitor critical information and coordinate with other members of the incident management team to ensure incidents are prioritised accordingly.
• Decide on the best allocation of jobs to optimise the utilisation of field resources and escalate staff surpluses/deficiencies to achieve performance requirements in the most cost effective manner.
• Liaise with field staff to continually monitor incident/fault progress for GS and OS compliance and report exceptions.
• Work as a team with other Incident Controllers to seek to share workload and resources across PowerOn zones.
• Ensure all systems are updated to required standards and complete reporting associated with operations processes.
• Assist field staff with information held in central systems to reduce the time taken to identify and locate supply problems.
• Recording the use and location of test equipment.
• Produce mandatory reports against DTI criteria for Electricity Supply Regulation 31 reports.
• Liaise with operational staff to make ad-hoc updates to standby rotas.
• Liaise with DCC, Incident Management, Field Staff and customers to ensure customer information is of adequate standard and provided in a timely fashion.
• Be actively involved in promoting Gold standard Customer Service, and assisting when necessary to implement Customer Contact Plans 1 & 2. and escalation process
• Assist in training of new appointees and support staff.
• Wear headset at all times.
• Monitor work outstanding to ensure jobs are progressed.
• Pass defined work to other departments e.g. shrouding requests, hazard report forms, voltage checks, etc.
• Be active in the improvement/development and introduction of new processes, procedures, initiatives and new technology
• NRSWA as required
• Liaise with Customer contact staff and Production Team to provide information when
Number of subordinates - 0
Contribution to systems performance targets:
Influence of average restoration times and escalation of extended restoration times
Delivery of customer service
GS performance, escalation of complaints, quality of information provided
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Awareness of the direction, aims and objectives of Energy Networks, and specifically the electricity distribution process and fault management procedure.
• Awareness of potential health and safety issues associated with restoration and repair activities
• Awareness of the requirements and expectations of internal and external customers.
• Expert operation of PowerOn
• PC skills – Microsoft Office, Geoview, SRM, CCTS, Masternaught, Excel, scheduling tool, etc.
• Developed customer service skills and knowledge of customer contact process.
• Developed communication and influencing skills.
• Telephone skills.
• Knowledge of shift and standby working arrangements.
• Knowledge of Riggs.GS Standards.
• Awareness of network management systems.
• Good organisation and time management skills.
• An effective and confident verbal communicator.
• Working knowledge of company Health & Safety requirements and compliance
Planning & Organising
• Able to make balanced decisions, able to consult with others when applicable and anticipate/recognise possible outcomes.
• Although confident to make own decisions, will refer to immediate supervisor or peers for either ratification of own view, or assistance in decision making when necessary.
• The post holder will have a requirement to respond to changing circumstances in real time and work collaboratively as part of the Operations Team in the NMC.
• Ability to prioritise variable workload.
• Contribute to meeting customer service and performance targets, taking into account overall Energy Networks objectives and audacious goals.
Internal and External Relationships
• General Public
• Emergency Services
• Control staff
• Office staff (internal customers)
• Field staff
Special Requirements (not mandatory)
• Flexible to support work colleagues in achieving a balancing of workload
Team working skills
• Excellent communication skills with individuals at
Strong customer focus.
• Effective decision maker, not inhibited by consultation with others when necessary.
• Positive and flexible individual with drive to succeed and is self-motivated.
• Able to work shift patterns 3 shift rota 24/7.
Minimum Criteria (mandatory)
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants