This position is for a global aerospace/ defence organisation has many sites around the UK, employing over 80,000 talented people. With an innovative culture, they produce the most advanced products within the industry which promotes their world-renowned reputation. Holding a large market share, this company offers each contractor an opportunity to gain security clearance therefore you must be willing to undergo this procedure. Furthermore, there’s the possibility of longer hours, repeat work and longer contract durations for gifted candidates.
Carry out technical analyses and investigations involving the design and calculation of ship scantlings or equipment seating’s.
• Produce structural design solutions, supported by calculations, for either ship scantling issues or seat designs as required.
• Liaise with the Detail Design community and equipment owners to unblock issues preventing the conclusion of structural design activities
• Prepare Design Sketches of structural solutions as required.
• Peer reviewing of other team members calculations where required.
• Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
• Capable of producing accurate scantling and general structural calculations.
• Ability to produce appropriate design sketches in AutoCAD.
• Ability to employ MathCad software to undertake calculations.
• Ability to employ STAAD pro software to undertake spaceframe analysis.
• Some experience in the structural design of frigate-type vessels.
• Structural solutions, calculations, design sketches and drawings supporting design and assessment tasks, specific to own discipline.
• Technical Reports and Specifications
• Able to perform analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements based on experience.
• Has sufficient breadth of knowledge of warship design and the sound judgement needed to be able make correct trade-off decisions
• Ability to quickly assimilate engineering data and define solutions and opportunities.
• 2 Years’ experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
• Understanding of LCM
Rate: £32.00 LTD per hour
Duration: 6 months
To apply for the position of Structural Engineer, please send your CV to Leah Wakefield.
Alternatively, if you know anyone who is looking, please complete our referral scheme on our website.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position