Interested in a new in-house Corporate Tax Manager opportunity in the heart of Glasgow’s financial district?
Our client is a long-standing Global Financial Services organisation that attributes its continued growth and success to their high-calibre team members. With a headcount of over 30,000 and services offered in more than 150 countries across the globe, they endeavour to provide impactful and relevant advice to their clients, placing them at the heart of their business.
The UK Group Tax team in Glasgow are now looking for an ambitious Corporate Tax Manager to join their close-knit team on a 12-month fixed-term contract. Reporting to the Tax Director, you will be responsible for UK corporation tax compliance, reporting and advisory as well as providing trusted, specialist support to all areas of the business in respect of direct taxes. You will act as a role model to junior members of the team and take ownership of a true value-add role.
* Managing end-to-end UK Corporate tax compliance processes, including reviewing computations ad returns and ensuring timeous submission to HMRC
* Calculating quarterly Corporate tax payments
* Managing the preparation of UK Corporation tax provision for UK GAAP statutory accounts, maintaining strong working relationships with external tax audit teams
* Preparing US GAAP quarterly reporting packs
* Supporting with ad hoc advisory work (e.g. planning, M&A, financing, restructuring, etc.)
* Allocation and delegation of work to junior tax team members, ensuring deadlines and key priorities are met
* Ensuring SOX requirements are fully met
* Carrying out all duties in accordance with internal policies and procedures and maintaining shared values of the business at all times
You will need to have:
* CTA qualification (or equivalent) with a minimum of 2-3 years PQE gained within Practice or Industry
* Excellent corporate tax technical knowledge and a good understanding of tax accounting principles (both UK and US GAAP)
* Practical experience of meeting regular, challenging deadlines and applying up-to-date technical knowledge
* Experience of Thomson Reuters OneSource Corporate Tax package (or similar )
Salary up to £50,000 (DOE) + Benefits. This rare opportunity would suit an experienced corporate tax specialist considering a move out of practice, or someone looking to gain experience within financial services. To discuss this opportunity in further detail please contact Lynsey Kerr