SENIOR ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGER
An industrial manufacturer is looking for a Senior Engineering Project Manager to join their team in Gloucestershire.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Engineering Project Manager, you will be responsible for defined work packages in support of a successful transfer of the business operations to a new facility in 2022. The role is a fixed-term contract lasting 3 years. You will need to have a flexible attitude towards working hours.
Working here, you will have great job satisfaction, better rewards, and a great quality of life inside and outside of work. You’ll also benefit from a great healthcare plan, pension, share options, and lots of other flexible benefits.
As a Senior Engineering Project Manager your key duties will include:
* Coordinating the installation of new equipment (including hydraulic pumps, ring main circuits, associated control system) and the movement of existing equipment to the new facility by working with building consultants and sub-contractors
* Coordinating the decommissioning of existing test equipment, pumps and infrastructure that will not be transferred to the new facility
* Supporting the ‘convergence’ project to develop the factory of the future where work packages require input, resource or expertise from the Test Equipment Team
* Coordinating activities with multi-discipline technical teams to define, develop, deploy and release test equipment solutions
* Coordinating the generation, update and formal release of Test Equipment Documentation
* Responsible for the end to end Project Management ensuring project plan is unscheduled, monitoring costs and ensuring project milestones are met
* Ensuring all Health & Safety practices are followed, and any new issues raised
* Procuring and deploying large capital assets, engaging with suppliers following selection, design stage meetings and deployment of suppliers onsite
* Participating in 5S activities to improve the rating within the work areas as a continuous improvement program
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered for the role of Senior Engineering Project Manager, you must have:
* HNC in a relevant Engineering Discipline (as a minimum)
* 10+ years’ experience within a relevant engineering sector (Oil & Gas, Chemical, Electrical Distribution)
* Strong Project Management experience with a hands-on approach
* Experience of working with key stakeholders, technical teams and pulling on project resource
* Excellent communication and be a great team player
* Ability to think outside the box and make things happen
* Good knowledge of MS Project and AutoCAD
* A flexible approach to meet project timelines
* Flexibility to travel to meetings at the supplier site
If you’re interested in becoming a Project Engineer, apply today with your current CV. Our team will review your application to see if it’s a match and get in touch to learn more about you. If you aren't contacted within 7 days, please assume your application was not selected.
Why wait? Don’t miss out