Highly visible role within the project accounting team based at the Manchester site, providing financial reporting and analysis for the international operations business and leading and working on finance improvement projects. Driving improved understanding and compliance of our financials.
Hologic is a global organisation providing women’s health care products and services. The role will be based at the Wythenshawe site in Manchester where both production and support functions are located. Manufacturing has been expanding over the past few years and produces products for the Diagnostics part of the organisation. It is planned that the number of products will continue to grow at the site. In addition there are other US produced products which are distributed to UK customers.
An international hub outside the US has been established in the UK. This has resulted in significant accounting activity flowing through UK legal entities, together with key international roles being established in the UK. The UK accounting team, the Senior Director - European accounting, Senior Director - Finance Planning and Analysis, and Vice President - International Finance are all located at Manchester. International operations is managed by the international operations vice president and the Director of international supply chain are both based in the Manchester office
There has never been a more exciting time to join Hologic. Bright people, working together to pioneer advances in human health care, have created Hologic's success. Our company believes that people are our greatest asset and only by recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining the most talented employees can we continue to be successful.
Our work atmosphere is stimulating, innovative and customer focused. We provide employees with first class tools and technology, a collaborative and passionate work environment and the ability to make a dramatic difference in the world of healthcare.
We are rapidly growing and yet we have never been more focused – on our people, on our growth, on our future. The Science of Sure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide financial reporting and analysis to support the International Operations team, this will involve providing the monthly metrics, insights and commentary to the international supply chain and customer service organization
• Responsible for budget and forecast updates for international operations
• Responsible for supporting the Vice President of International Operations, and the Director of international supply chain. The role will involve working alongside the UK cost accounting and the international accounting, customer service and supply chain teams. The role will also interact highly with the global operations finance team.
• Review of the European monthly P&L and ensuring that all the key comments are covered by the individual monthly commentaries
• Provide leadership to a variety of finance improvement projects driving significant improvement in clarity of reporting and the efficiency of the European finance team. Projects will include:
o International Operations Reporting Improvement: there will be an initial project period to provide significantly greater clarity to some of the current international operational issues
o Medicor project: Working on the current project with the Finance Projects Senior Manager to implement monthly accounting and Hologic policy and procedures within the newly acquired Medicor business.
o Lead and finalise the European Internal Controls Project, document processes and review internal controls to identify gaps and implement improved controls. Initially for the UK and Belgium, and then push this out to the other European entities.
• Providing support on a number of other projects and IS enhancements as required improving systems and processes within the core accounting teams AP, AR, General Ledger as well as Financial Planning & Analysis across Europe.
• Working closely with finance, business and IS teams to deliver improvement projects effectively. Project selection may be based on corporate requirements for improvements or locally identified projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 5 GCSE’s or equivalent qualifications including Maths & English
• Accounting Qualification required, CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent. +5 years post qualification experience is desired but not essential.
• Oracle and Hyperion Essbase experience would be an advantage but is not essential
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current, executed Hologic Agency Agreement signed by a member of the Talent Acquisition Department. In addition, Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent via the Hologic Taleo portal, under these terms or they will not be considered and will be wholly owned by Hologic