Technical Analyst Ops Support - EMC storage.
Our client is currently looking a Technical Analyst (Ops Support – Storage and Backup) to join their ICT IT Operations Team. As the successful Ops Support Technical Analyst, you will provide technical subject matter expertise working in a customer focused technical service, enabling the delivery of organisational objectives and providing high quality service to customers in line with internal guidelines, policies and procedures and statutory requirements. The role holder will report to the Service Manager (Ops Support), providing business as usual support, including capacity and availability management of EMC storage and backup solutions, and contributing to the delivery of a range of technical projects, initiatives or work packages that comply with relevant legislation and help achieve the Council’s corporate aims and objectives.
The role holder will have the opportunity to:
* Be a member of the IT Operations Ops Support team, providing EMC storage and backup solutions subject matter expertise
* Be part of a multi-million pound transformation programme
* Contribute to the planning and delivery of innovative storage and backup infrastructure solutions
* Work closely with the Server, Database, Citrix, Network and Security, Service Delivery and Project Teams to implement storage and backup solutions that utilise industry best practice to meet corporate objectives
* Implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure system security through secure system access, monitoring, control, and routine security evaluations
* Perform tasks as necessary to fulfil service level agreements
* Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures for storage and backup solution administration
* Recommend hardware or software changes needed to optimise storage and backup deployments, configuration, or maintenance
* Support the Service Manager, Project Teams and Solutions Architects in developing and implementing future storage and backup deployments
Skills and Experience
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience of managing and administering EMC storage and backup solutions
* Managing storage presentation to a virtual environment
* Implementing a backup and recovery strategy encompassing both physical and virtual server environments
* Troubleshooting performance issues and implementing solutions
* Implementing proactive storage and backup monitoring and alerting
* Strong communication skills including ability to produce accurate system and process documentation
* Significant experience of IT Service Operations and an IT installation works 7*24
* Ability to work flexibly including out of hours and bank holidays as required to meet customer demand
* Strong practical understanding of how the core ITIL functions (CM / IM / PM / RM and Configuration Management) interface and interact to collectively support IT and the Business
We are an approved supplier with significant presence onsite within this team.
If this role is of interest to you or you would like more information please contact Ryan Jordan or submit your application now.
Triad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.
Triad Group Plc acts as an Employment Business for this contract position