Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Purpose of Role
Develop, manage and maintain the arrangements for compliance with quality assurance, statutory and Company requirements and arrangements for compliance with nuclear site licence conditions.
* Provide authoritative advice on Quality Assurance for projects and infrastructure.
* Monitor the effectiveness of the Quality Management System by preparing a programme of internal QA audits, and ensuring the implementation of these audits to the agreed programme.
* Develop and maintain documentation/procedures in Quality Assurance to support ISO9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 and Site Licence arrangements.
* Coordinate the production and maintenance of the key management control procedures on site.
* Monitoring the status of corrective actions resulting from internal and external audits, preparing performance indicators and reporting to management.
* Act in the capacity of Lead Auditor.
* Maintain required regulatory approvals as appropriate.
* Maintain required external certification.
* Develop and manage the Site Improvement Plan for Quality Assurance.
* Review and audit of site performance in Support Site and Project implementation of Quality Assurance arrangements.
* Prepare management reviews of the quality management system.
* Carry out project management activities as required.
* Ensure personal and professional development and training of Quality staff to deliver an effective and suitably qualified and experienced Function.
* Monitor performance and take action or provide advice as necessary to maintain Quality standards and improve performance.
* Identify good practice in performance at sites and externally, and promote and deploy across the Functions/Sites.
* Provide expert-level advice, support and guidance on Quality issues throughout the Site.
* Act for the Site EHSS&Q Professional Lead as directed.
* The post holder may be required to be a member of, and participate in, the Site Emergency Scheme subject to any fitness standards required.
* Maintain arrangements for regulatory liaison, and required documentation/schedules to track significant regulatory actions and agreements on behalf of the EHSS&Q Function/Site.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Undertake baseline roles as required.
* Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
* Assist with managing the relevant aspects of the Detail Volume, SPI/CPI, and commercial and financial aspects as required for delivery of the lifetime plan.
Education / Qualifications / Training
* Educated to NQF level 6 /NVQ level 6 in a post related subject
* Member of a relevant professional institute
* Diploma or equivalent in relevant specialism. E.g. NEBOSH
* Relevant experience in specialism related roles
* Detailed knowledge of International / ISO Standards
* Detailed knowledge of obligations for compliance with QA standards
* Lead Auditor for ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 as appropriate
Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will not apply to this assignment.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us