To undertake Site Engineering control and implementation of works on site, including monitoring and reporting of progress.
Smart Motorway Construction, NEC 3, Projects Valued between £80m through £1.1bn, involving Earthworks, Road & Pavements and Structures
What you'll be doing
As, Site Engineer, you will:
* Site Surveys and Setting out for Earthworks, Roads, Drainage and Structures
* Contribute to the production of Permit to Dig, including briefings to the workforce;
* Maintain survey equipment including registers of equipment and testing regimes;
* Complete quality check sheets and production of information for handover documentation in a timely manner in line with programme;
* Measure actual materials used and reconcile with theoretical measure, reporting and investigating reasons for differences;
* Report to the Sub Agent
* Produce accurate daily diary of resources, including labour, plant, materials, subcontractors and outputs.
Who we're looking for
* Hold a current driving license and CSCS Card;
* Previous experience in Civil engineering, roads / highways, deep drainage, earthworks, pavements, structures (preferable but not essential)
* Be able to understand Permit to Dig System;
* Be able to report issues with control and information provided;
* Have the ability to read and understand drawings and schedules;
* Be able to take off and schedule material quantities accurately;
* Have knowledge of specification and contract documents.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our clients deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on