Desktop/Deskside Support Engineer – floor-walking
* Basingstoke, Hampshire
* 4 month contract
* £130 to £140 per day (Outside IR35)
I am working with a local authority based in Basingstoke who are looking for a Desktop/Deskside IT Support and IT Deployment Engineer on an initial 4 month contract. They require someone to build, test and deploy devices to their staff and provide support to their existing IT environment via their internal ticketing system. There will also be a need to provide support to all local authority users and candidates must have a strong focus on delivering a very high-level of customer service at all times.
Skills and Experience:
* Technical Environment – ITIL, Microsoft Office, Windows 10, Citrix, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, etc.
* IT infrastructure - Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Handhelds, Smartphone, etc.
* Provide 1st line and 2nd line support to our client’s user base, with remote working available
* Log, monitor and resolve service desk calls, within agreed service levels
* Install, configure and test hardware and software components, when requested
* Liaise with users, support services and third party suppliers, working within an ITIL service management framework
* Excellent communication / interpersonal skills, with a strong team-playing approach
To learn more about our client and the opportunity on offer for an initial 4 month contract working as an IT Support Engineer (Desktop/Deskside) based in Basingstoke, Hampshire; please call and speak with John Noonan here at ISR Recruitment or please email me a copy of your very latest CV and I’ll call you back to discuss the role