Maxwell Bruce is currently looking for a Senior Marine Operative for a client who is a leading company in the sea food industry. Client’s task is to supply Scotland’s finest products to discerning customers around the World. Our client is a passionate group of professionals pioneering best practice in many aspects of aquaculture from animal husbandry and environmental research to customer service and brand development.
If you are experienced, ambitious, motivated and willing to relocate this position is ideal for you!
The right candidate should be able to managed full operation of the Marine Sites including all Boats and Shore Bases. You will be reporting to Marine Site Manager. Salary: TBC
• Experience in aquaculture & fish husbandry
• Responsible attitude
• Sound understanding of the importance of H&S issues
• Full clean driving licence
• Ideally have experience of working within the marine industry
• Good Practical skills – able to tie nautical knots, boat handling etc.
• Team Player – experience of working within a small team
• Good standard of fitness with the ability to pass a full ML5 medical
• Excellent attendance record
• Experience of working on and around boats
• Ability to work weekend rotas and flexible hours as workload dictates
o Technical Standards – operates to the highest standard of husbandry, biosecurity, food safety and quality standards and supports the Site Manager to ensure that these are embedded through the site. Highlighting and reacting to issues when appropriate in areas such as: Stock Containment, Production, Environment, Quality, Health and Safety, Fish Welfare, Biosecurity, Hygiene and staff.
o Site Operations – meet the highest quality standards, following all SOPs i.e.
• Monitoring feed and biological performance
• Feeding and movement of feed
• Sea lice identification and reporting
• Sampling, weighing and grading of fish
• Disease and Parasite control
• Site maintenance including net changing etc.
• Mortality removal
• Boat handling
• Stock movements
• Equipment maintenance
o Measurement & Control – Understands the site KPIs and supports the manager to ensure that these KPIs are used to improve site performance. Keep accurate records relating to the livestock, feed usage and equipment status and supply this information at the frequency required by your manager the company or upon request.
o Health & Safety – Follows safe working practices and as a senior team member, ensures a safe working environment exists for all employees on the site. To ensure that all duties are performed in a safe manner
o Skills Training – Attends all courses as required; only operating machinery authorised and trained to do so.
In return client offer employee benefits
If you love the sea as much as we do and you think that you meet our requirements, you will be the best for this position