On behalf of our global client, we are looking to recruit a Product Stewardship Specialist on a contract basis located in Scotland.
Currently, they are seeking a full-time Product Stewardship Specialist to be based at their manufacturing site in Inverness, Scotland for a contract position.
The successful candidate will provide product stewardship support for a global medical device manufacturer, with respect to RoHS, REACH, WEEE, Packaging Directive, other restricted substances legislation, etc. as well as software implementation and process improvements.
* Working within the Regulatory Affairs department as part of a small product stewardship team supporting compliance and sustainability
* Prepare and submit compliance reports and other documentation
* Interact with other functions to provide product stewardship support during new product development and management of change activities
* Develop processes including documentation (software processes, standard operating procedures and database implementation)
* Assist with continuous process improvements
* Attention to detail and thorough self-review of work
* Thorough understanding of product stewardship regulations, especially EU legislation and their application in a medical device or similar industry
* Familiarity with global chemical and electronics regulations
Education and Experience
* Strong undergraduate coursework in chemistry
* 2+ years of relevant experience required
* Bachelor’s degree (BSc) obtained in one of the following topics: Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or another relevant subject.
* Previous product stewardship experience, preferably with a medical devices company
* Experience supporting international chemical or electronics product stewardship/ regulatory compliance
* Prior experience working with specialist software solutions such as databases
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software: - Word, Excel and PowerPoint