As interim Human Resources Director, the role will over a period of 6-12 months’ work closely with the existing HR management to define a group wide HR strategy including the review of all contracts, policies, benefits, systems and L&D. The HRD and HR Managers will then lead the implementation across the group. The HRD along with the HR management will define the most appropriate and commercial HR model for the firm and plan a full implementation roadmap including full business case appraisal. The role holder will work closely with the Change and Delivery team and the HR managers across the group to ensure the system is implemented in a timely manner and meeting the needs of the key stakeholders. The interim HRD will be able to provide a consistent and fair approach to HR and employment across the group, enabling the teams to work more closely together, become more streamlined and more efficient.
* To ensure Human Resources operating model, including processes and policies across the group, are consistent and support best practice whilst giving consideration to drive efficiency alongside good employment practices.
* Develop and coordinate the delivery of policies to put in place activity where it is otherwise absent or unsatisfactory.
* To work closely with the HR Managers to design and deliver the HR Group strategy, including alignment, wherever possible and appropriate.
* To review all contracts and benefits packages, propose a modern fit for purpose flexible benefit solution and implementation roadmap.
* Assist the HR Managers in delivering consolidated tracking & reporting of project deliverables & milestones to the Senior Management Team.
* Create a delivery plan for a new in house Human Resources system to be implemented to the agreed specification and ensuring is fit for purpose.
* Work with all Directors, managers and employees to enable integration of departments and services.
* To be responsible for ensuring that the Company and the projects are kept up to date in relation to progress, Employment law, national changes and best HR practices.
* To provide ad hoc BAU support to the HR teams where appropriate and where demand is needed. E.g. support for a disciplinary hearing.
* The HRD will take on direct line management responsibility for the existing HR Managers and L&D function.
* CIPD Diploma qualification in Human Resource Management or Development (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) essential.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in Human Resources, Business or similar equivalent.
* The post holder should be able to demonstrate requisite experience in managing human resources activities in a corporate environment; they should have a strong understanding of Employment Law and proven experience in leading strategic HR change initiatives.
* The role holder should have a strong track record of achievement in change implementation in previous roles and must be organised, self-motivated and a self-starter.
* Experience of large scale staff consultations is required and an understanding of modern flex benefits solutions