Do you have recent experience working in an NHS GP surgery or within EMIS Community Services and are you confident in using EMIS Web?
Do you have excellent record keeping skills, high attention to detail and experience of managing high volumes of data?
Are you passionate about providing outstanding patient care and support?
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of DMC Healthcare. Keep reading for further information if this sounds like the perfect role for you.
We are looking for an experienced EMIS Administrator to join the team in Rainham to support DMC Healthcare in delivering high quality care. We have been a trusted provider of services to the NHS for over 50 years and deliver Primary Care services on behalf of the NHS, Community Services and Radiology Reporting across the UK. Our skilled, compassionate staff have helped us develop a brilliant reputation among clinicians, patients, commissioners and communities alike. Still family run, we have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
DMC Healthcare is now seeking a competent, meticulous and organised EMIS Administrator to undertake a range of administrative duties to provide exceptional patient management both internally and externally.
This role is a fixed term contract for 3 months.
Main responsibilities of this position will include:
• Answering all incoming calls from patients and other healthcare professionals and ensuring that all callers are greeted professionally and politely
• Dealing with administrative queries and requests from patients
• Booking, cancelling and rearranging appointments via the clinical system
• Ensuring patient information is recorded accurately and kept up-to-date
• Dealing with all referrals in a timely manner and actioning tasks set by the clinical systems and email
• Inputting data for new and temporary registrations and relevant patient information e.g. smoking status, BP, ethnicity, medication etc.
• Scanning all patient information for computerised records e.g. medical documents, hospital reports and letters etc.
• Maintaining a tidy workspace and waiting area and ensuring adequate security and health and safety measures are in place
• Ensuring confidentiality at all times and complying with all relevant policies and procedures
To be successful in this position you will be proficient in the following EMIS Web modules:
• Appointment book – booking in patients, being able to navigate around appointment book
• Care Record – Adding administration consultations, uploading medical documents/referrals/photos, creating clinical and appointment letters, read coding medical data into EMIS, interrogate data for audit purposes
• Registration – Registering new patients, capturing and updating relevant patient information
• Workflow Manager – Use of and actioning Tasks
• Patient Administration (desirable)
A successful candidate will also:
• Be educated to a minimum of GCSE or functional skills level with a fundamental level of Maths and English skills
• Possess excellent IT skills
• Be eligible to work in the UK
We are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
Salary: £19k - £21k - depending on experience
The EMIS Administrator post is based in Rainham.
As part of the benefits package you will be entitled to 20 days annual leave with additional leave entitlement with duration of DMC employment, plus the standard 8 Bank Holidays
If you have an interest in the role, please apply using the link and send a copy of your CV.
Ref: SR(phone number removed)