We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to work with a highly successful manufacturer of powertrain solutions for the commercial market. Working in a dynamic and stimulating environment, the successful candidate will be involved in the development of real-time systems within the Electric Control Systems, controlling fuel injection equipment and other integrated engine and vehicle electronic systems.
The ideal skillset for this Systems Engineer opportunity would be:
- Educated to degree level
- Experience in embedded applications/systems
- Have 2 or more year's experience of developing real-time systems
- Ideally with diesel applications and associated fuel injection equipment
- Good working knowledge of Matlab, Simulink, and Stateflow
- Configuration management experience (preferably Clearcase)
- CAN/CANalyzer, J1939, KWP/KWP2000, UDS and Diagnostic usage and protocols
- Whitebox/Blackbox, Functional and regression testing/validation
- Strong process discipline
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
The responsibilities of the Systems Engineer would be:
- Capture, analysis and implementation of customer requirements
- Definition and review of system requirements (including sensor/actuators and control strategies meeting industrial standards and legislative requirements)
- Model the system and control implementations to verify the designed solutions to the requirements.
- Produce autocode/executable specifications using Mathworks/Matlab toolsets.
- Produce and review implementation specifications that will be used by the Software Engineering team to produce the required software solutions.
- Perform safety analyses' (hazard analysis, safety testing, FMEA etc).
- Engage with the engineering teams to ensure the maximum reuse of ideas, concepts and strategies
- Work with hardware teams to cascade current and future requirements into future hardware programs
- Design and review system level test documentation
- Support system level functional testing and validation
- Participate in software debug and analysis
- Support production test and validation
- Design/Develop system tuning guides/documentation
- Visit customer sites when necessary
- Commission features / engines with the customer
- Tune/Support tuning of data on engine/vehicle
- Support customer's engine and vehicle testing.
This job would be an interesting and potentially long term option for contractors with a proven history of excellence.
If you would like more detail on this excellent opportunity, please contact Peter Whipday at Orion
Visit and follow Orion Electrotech
LinkedIn: https://(url removed)/company/orion-electrotech/
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003.
By applying for this position please take a few moments to view our Privacy Notice on our Orion website which details how we retain and process your data. Alternatively please give us a call so we can discuss this with you