Information Governance Manager and Data Protection Officer
3 Month Temporary Contract
Working for the NHS, you will lead on embedding and ensuring effective delivery of the Information Governance (IG) remit within the Trust. You will be working with the Trust Senior Information Risk Office (SIRO), Caldicott Guardian, Trust senior managers and staff to ensure that Information Governance strategies, policies and procedures meet legislative and best practice requirements facilitating robust assurance of the safety and security of both patient and staff personal information.
You will also be the Data Protection Officer for the Trust and the subject matter expert for data protection issues, providing an internal consultancy service to both clinical and corporate service areas on compliance with the Data Protection Act (DPA), the incoming General Data Protection Regulation and information governance arrangements within contracts and information sharing agreements.
The role will include management responsibility for a team of five across the full IG spectrum, ensuring the Trust fulfils its obligation to patients and service users informing them of their rights under the DPA, and successfully processing Subject Access Requests under the Act (averaging 2000 per annum) within the statutory deadline.
The successful candidate will:
• Be educated to degree level or equivalent level of experience of working at a senior level in a specialist area in the NHS/ public sector IG field
• Hold an IG qualification such as ISEB/BCS data protection qualification
• Have an Information Security qualification such as CISMP/CISSP
• Have Project Management qualification such as MSP/Prince2 or significant experience in managing complex activities across a spectrum of areas
• Evidence of post qualifying and continuing professional development
Knowledge & Experience:
• Detailed knowledge of statutory obligations including UK Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act, and the NHS IG standards and compliance requirements. A sound understanding of the incoming EU General Data Protection Regulation.
• Specialist knowledge of information governance, legislation and related national guidance including a working knowledge of Section 251 of the Health and Social Care Act and Caldicott guidance.
• Substantial Information Governance experience at Management level, dealing with confidentiality, data protection, Freedom of Information and information security in a customer focussed environment.
• Team management and development experience.
• Comprehensive experience of project principle techniques and tools such as Prince2 or MSP.
Headstart Employment is an Equal Opportunity Employer