Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Lanark, Scotland
My client specialises in the manufacture of small complex aerospace components and due to their growing nature, we are looking to expand the engineering department.
I am looking for someone to develop, implement, maintain and continuously improve manufacturing processes and/or methods of manufacture which are capable of meeting requirements.
Key Accountabilities -
- Provide the enquiries team with an accurate technical package to enable fulfilment of customer enquiries.
- Create, maintain and/or govern elements of the Technical Package (technical instructions, programs, tooling, etc.) which clearly define the manufacturing process and control it effectively.
- Capture and analyse data to demonstrate the current and future capability of manufacturing processes.
- Resolve technical problems.
- Identify opportunities for new or improved manufacturing processes to meet current or future requirements.
- Ensure the change to product method or source is controlled appropriately in the supply chain.
- Manage and maintain the integrity of business-related data in support of manufacturing processes (e.g. Product Cost data, Operation Times).
- Identify and share best practice; capture and utilize lessons learned.
- Plan and manage activities, communicating current status to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure manufacturing processes comply with all legal requirements (regulatory, HS&E, etc.) & customer requirements.
- Ensure product integrity for component or system is delivered through alignment of Method of Manufacture with Design Intent by interfacing with appropriate Design Engineering organization.
Qualifications and experience
- Apprentice trained, and time served.
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification.
- A good understanding of the various types of CNC machines
- Programming Experience and use of CAD CAM systems and similar software. (Experience with ESPRIT and Edgecam would be a distinct advantage).
- Ability to identify best process for an application and being able to convey and document that process. Create routings, process plans etc.
- Identify tooling and liaise with tooling suppliers for optimal use.
- Familiarity with NCR processes and carrying out Root Cause analysis.
- Proficient with PC’s and general software use.
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable working to strict deadlines
- Positive, flexible and “Can Do” attitude
- Skilled in attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing needs
- Accepts responsibility and willing to take on new challenges
- Able to use own initiative and make improvement suggestions
- Inquisitive problem-solving mind with good general administration, planning and time management skills
- Confident and friendly personality
- Work well in a team environment
- Be open to input and suggestions.
- Pro-active problem solver