Year 6 Teacher
Are you a dedicated and passionate Key Stage 2 Teacher? Do you hold solid experience of successfully teaching a Year 6 class previously? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Responsible to the Headteacher, reporting on delivery of lessons and pupil development.
A Good Primary School in the Leeds area are keen to add an experienced Year 6 Teacher to their teaching team on a contract basis to start as soon as possible, ongoing until Easter Half Term 2018, with potential to continue.
A very supportive team and an engaging group of pupils, you will be leading with teaching a manner of all subjects across the curriculum.
Key duties include:
* Plan and deliver, with regard for the school's aims, own policies and schemes of work, the teaching programme for all children within the class, using clear differentiation.
* Provide clear structures for lessons and for sequences of lessons, which maintain pace, motivation and challenge demonstrating a commitment to high achievement for all
* Identify needs of individuals and groups within the class making effective use of assessment information on pupils' attainment and progress and in planning future lessons.
* Ensure effective teaching of whole classes, groups and individuals, establishing high expectations of behaviour and attainment, so that teaching objectives are met.
* Monitor and intervene when teaching to ensure sound learning and good behaviour and maintain a safe environment in which pupils feel confident.
* Use a variety of teaching and learning styles to keep all pupils engaged and to give every child the opportunity to reach their potential.
* Promote students self-confidence and learner independence.
* Create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful and stimulating environment which is conducive to children's learning
* Evaluate your own teaching critically to improve effectiveness
* Assess and record each pupil's progress systematically with reference to the school's current practice, including the social progress of each child and use the results to inform planning.
* Mark and monitor work and homework, providing constructive feedback and setting targets for future progress.
* Set regular, ambitious yet achievable targets for the children, building on prior attainment.
* Provide reports on individual progress to the Headteacher and parents as required.
* Liaise with parents in one-to-one meetings and bi-annual Parent Evenings.
* Qualified Teacher Status
* Available right away
* Experience in a classroom teaching role is essential
* A passion for working with children
* Can effectively communicate appropriately
* Be familiar with the Code of Practice and identification, assessment and support of pupils with SEN
* A strong understanding of safe guarding of children
If you feel your skill set and experience is a match for this role and would like to be considered, please apply now