Job Title; Maintenance Technician (Contract basis)
Key Skills; Mechanical maintenance, preventative maintenance, PAT testing, PLC knowledge, Electrical maintenance
Salary; £30,000 - £35,000 pro rata (6 month contract)
Shift; Monday-Thursday 7.30am-4.15pm Friday 7.30am-12.00pm
Location; Shepshed, Leicestershire
Commutable from; Loughborough, Nanpantan, Shepshed, Woodhouse, Coalville, Mountsorrel, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Nottingham.
Our client, an aerospace composites company based in Leicestershire, is seeking to appoint a Maintenance Technician to join their established team at their Shepshed site.
The Maintenance Technician role exists to ensure safe examination, testing, installation and maintenance of electrical plant and equipment in accordance with our “Permit for Work” System, LMI instructions.
* Carry out fault finding procedures and repairs for the safe running and optimum performance of plant and apparatus.
* Provide full flexibility to carry out operational duties
* Observation of plant operations to identify and address faults
* Liaise and work along side approved contracting companies to successfully manage plant availability and Servicing Level Agreements
* Undertake training as and when required to allow for full flexibility
* Ensure all H&S measures are in place and completed, such as hazard reports
* Examination, Testing and Maintenance of electrical plant and machinery
* P.A.T. testing of portable appliances
* Complete any other reasonable tasks or requests as required, in order to meet KPIs.
Our Ideal Candidate;
* Flexible approach to work, including travel to Stevenage site as well as across 2 sites situated in Shepshed.
* Facilities management knowledge desirable but not essential.
* Flexible to adapt to new skillsets and embrace the requirement for additional training
* A Strong team player with the ability to work independently and on own initiative
* Good communication skills, both with colleagues, other contractors and clients
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines safely
* Positive attitude to safety
* Tolerant of diverse working situations and conditions
* Served Apprenticeship
* Electrical Qualification (desirable but not essential)
* Knowledge of Aerospace Plant and machinery desirable but not essential
* P.A.T. Testing training
* PLC knowledge
* Permanent positions
* Overtime available
* Free parking
* Life Insurance
* Subsidised canteen facilities
* Excellent working environment
* International Company
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply directly through this website or call (phone number removed). If you have not been contacted within 14 days of your application please assume that you have not been successful. We will, however, retain your application for any future roles for which you may be suitable.
This position is advertised on behalf of Jacob Thomas Associates. We have a variety of other permanent and temporary positions available ranging from Supply Chain, Logistics, Administration, Sales, Secretarial, Finance & Accounts, Customer Services, I.T. Engineering and Driving.
To view all of our positions available throughout the United Kingdom, please browse our website