Contract - Technical Needs Assessor
Job Title: Freelance Needs Assessor
Reports To: Regional Manager
Location: Milton Keynes & Leicester
Salary: Assessments paid at competitive rate
To undertake technical needs assessments of people with disabilities or SpLD in accordance with appropriate regulations and the quality assurance framework and to produce formal written reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To undertake technical needs assessments of people with disabilities or SpLD in accordance with the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills regulations, Equality legislation, the requirements of student funding bodies and the appropriate Quality Assurance Framework.
To work with the individual to identify appropriate study and support strategies to enable the individual to participate in their study activities including, where appropriate, non-medical helper assistance.
To demonstrate, evaluate the suitability of, and offer advice on appropriate hardware, software, assistive technology and other aids for each individual.
To produceformalwritten needs assessment reports in the format and timescale laid down by Contact Associates for relevant parties including disabled people, funding agencies, suppliers and institutions, making recommendations for study aids and study strategies.
To liaise with internal and external agencies in order to complete reports and to ensure relevant support is recommended.
To respond to post-assessment queries as appropriate in a timescale prescribed by Contact Associates.
To undertake continuous professional development in order to keep up to date with developments in disability support, equality legislation, enabling technology and strategies.
To take part in developing and delivering training, as appropriate, on matters related to disability and the needs assessment process including supporting trainee assessors when required.
Adhere to the company's Health and Safety Policy and guidelines.
There will be travel requirements.
Qualifications / Training and Experience
* Experienced technical needs assessor
* Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience
* Knowledge of funding methodologies for DSA support
Aptitude and Abilities
* Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload
* Excellentinter-personal, verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of IT, both generic and specialist
* To be proactive in undertaking continuing professional development
* Pragmatic approach toproblem solving
* Ability to work under pressure to constant deadlines
* Flexibility, punctuality and reliability
* Confident problem solver
* An understanding of the need and importance of confidentiality, privacy, etc.
* Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) clearance
* Ability to empathise and excellent listening skills
* Customer facing skills, strong communicator.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check