Excellent hourly rate
Kendall Poole Consulting are proud to represent this leading manufacturer of highly engineered products, utilising polymers, used in a variety of applications. Specialising in solving complex technical challenges, our client creates future facing solutions which minimize weight and optimise performance and value, mainly in the Aerospace and Defence industry sectors. Based in Nottinghamshire, they are part of a wider Group and an immediate vacancy exists for a Manufacturing Engineer to work on a contract basis initially for 6 months.
The newly created role of the Manufacturing Engineer is to support, grow and continuously improve the manufacture of world class equipment producing highly engineered products. The interim ME will be a critical team member and in order to introduce new methods of manufacture, you will be required to work closely with the Engineering and Manufacturing teams to influence the design for manufacture on existing products and NPI.
Key elements for the role will be to create work instructions, improve product flow, transferring equipment from old assets to new and to create cell layouts, new or existing areas. Utilising problem solving tools, lean and Six Sigma techniques to establish best practice within the Manufacturing and Assembly facility, you will assess the current processes and redefine for future improvements.
• Develop the cells to ensure they are world class.
• Create standard settings for use in production.
• Create standard operation sheets for equipment & processes, building in quality and cost reduction into the method of manufacture.
• Support the production team on a day to day basis to ensure timely delivery of customer expectations.
• Support the cells on real time problem resolution and technical issues.
• Lead process improvements and NPI projects.
• Be proactive in the recommendation of new or improved manufacturing techniques.
• Support the R&D function with NPI & existing product development.
• Supply cost down analysis and project plans to reduce prime costs.
• Create and develop product BOM’s, routings and work instructions.
• Compiling manufacturing cost estimates.
• Identify waste and define methods of reduction within the process to allow continual improvement.
• Support Capex plans, Capex creation and Capex implementation.
The successful candidate will be an interim Manufacturing, Process, Lean or Production Engineer or Manager having worked in a world class manufacturing environment preferably with experience of working with highly engineered products utilising polymers. You will have an in depth knowledge of 5S, Kaizen, Visual Management, Process Mapping, Cellular Manufacturing and problem solving tools and techniques such as 8D and root cause analysis. A Six Sigma certification would be desirable.
You will demonstrate:
• A proven track record within Production Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering/Process Engineering or similar.
• Strong knowledge of Polymer processes would be advantageous.
• Automotive, Aerospace, Defence or Industrial sectors background will be beneficial, low to medium volume with high complexity.
• Experience in implementing lean improvements within a manufacturing and assembly environment. (Kaizen, Flow, 6’s, Process Mapping, RCCR, SMED, Standard Operation Sheets, TPM & Visual Management).
• Highly effective problem solver with knowledge of tools such as 8D and root cause analysis.
• Ability to create stage drawings and methods of manufacture.
• CAD/CAM experience.
• Extensive knowledge of BOM’s, routings and work instructions.
• Experience of managing Capex projects.
• Experienced in NPI and process improvements.
• Able to compile shop floor process instructions and safe working procedures.
• Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team.
• Experience of time measurement and analysis of lost time.
• High standard of numeracy and literacy.
• Communicating and presenting data effectively.
• Familiar with Quality Systems / PPAP & Environmental Issues.
• Experience in CI methodology and implementing Lean improvements.
• Experience in mid / low volume highly complex assemblies.
• Ability to pick up a project from cradle to grave hitting pre-determined time lines.
• A team player able to communicate at all levels with the ability to influence upwards and downwards.
• Able to work under own initiative as part of an established team.
• Displays a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
This is at least a 6 month contract role with immediate effect and the rates of pay are excellent.
To apply in confidence send your CV and current remuneration package to Kendall Poole Consulting Ltd, FAO Helen Regan quoting HR/IME/G or contact the office on (Apply online only) for an initial discussion. Successful candidates will be contacted within 1 week