Interim Head of Audit & Risk Performance – Lisburn
Salary: £ 29.47ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
1. Lead, manage and develop the delivery of Audit, Risk & Performance which reflects the Council’s priorities and develop innovative and creative approaches to continuously improve services. Responsible for the following portfolio of services:
Audit – to act as HIA and also manage external audit interfaces
Organisational Risk Management
Corporate Governance Arrangements including policy development
Health & Safety
2. Advise, consult and provide options and recommendations to Elected Members, the Chief Executive and senior officers on complex strategic and operational matters in respect of Audit, Risk and performance.
3. As HIA, oversee all aspects of Internal Audit in line with Public sector Internal Audit Standards ensuring the operational plan is delivered on time and within budget to meet yearend reporting requirements. As well as overseeing the Internal Audit team, you will also be expected to undertake more complex internal audit assurance / advisory reviews.
4. Act as the key liaison point for External Audit / NIAO for the organisation
5. Undertake ad hoc related projects and investigations at the request of the Chief Executive or the Corporate Management Team.
6. Assist with the development and implementation of the Risk Management strategy including advising on risk tolerance and appetite for the organisation andoverseeing corporate, departmental, service and functional risk registers;
7. Oversee insurance provision and the management of claims for the Council;
8. Oversee the appropriate arrangements are made for equality aligned with legal requirements
9. Ensure adequate and fit for purpose corporate health and safety systems exist reflective of the latest legislative requirements
It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
A relevant third level qualification (for example, an HNC, HND, NVQ Level 4, Degree) or equivalent.
Full membership of a relevant professional body e.g.(Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors) and/or ACA, ACMA, ACCA or equivalent
Three years’ relevant experience at a senior level 1 in all of the following areas:
Experience in developing risk management and assurance processes to include Internal Audit and systems within a large and complex organisation at both a strategic and operational level.
Experience of managing external audits and delivering on audit recommendations.
Experience in the production and presentation of reports on risk and assurance tosenior management/Board.
Experience of managing a team of professionals in the area of Audit and Risk.
An understanding of Audit and Risk Management within the Public Sector. It is essential that applicants hold a full (i.e. not provisional) and current UK driving licence and access to a car or *have access to a means of transport which would enable the applicant to carry out the duties of the post. *Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall (phone number removed)