Project Development Manager - Lisburn
Pay: £25.32 ph umbrella
Hours: 37 hour week
Duration: 4 month
Scope: Inside IR-35
Purpose of job:
As a member of the Parks & Amenities Management Team the post holder will be required to:
* Manage and develop a high quality service to the Council in support of the corporate plan and strategic work plans.
* Manage and deliver the Council’s Capital Projects Programme for the Leisure & Community Well-being department.
* To operate in an a dynamic and changing environment, recommending creative solutions to project issues and challenges, and provide professional advice and assistance on innovative project development practice
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To implement the Council’s Capital Leisure Projects Programme and provide detailed management and progress reports, monitoring progress regularly against agreed plans and timelines.
* To develop draft action plans, timetables, programmes, delivery dates etc, for a wide range of Leisure & Community Wellbeing Capital Projects (both indoor and outdoor), reporting reasons for any potential non achievement of actions/timelines with proposed remedial action.
* To report to the Leisure & Community Development Committee, full Council or other Council sub-committee on the Leisure & Community Capital Programme and progressing the projects in the programme and potential new projects.
* To prepare and undertake the various legal, contractual and land issues in respect of the delivery of Capital Projects.To prepare appropriate terms of references and other project documents with regard to the procurement and appointment of various design and other professional services, adhering to the Councils procedures for tendering, quotations and appointments and management of contracts.
* To identify potential sources of external funding for Projects from funding bodies and to prepare appropriate funding applications. In addition to manage the relationship with an external funder, ensuring the project meets and stipulated funding criteria.
* In accordance with agreed action plans, carry out consultation with the Public, the Private Sector, Statutory and voluntary agencies/bodies.Attending and servicing Council and other working groups as appropriate.
* Maintaining close contact with Architects, Surveyors, Building and other Professional staff appointed to progress the Capital Project Programme, providing direction/information as required.Liaison with other Departments of the Council as required e.g. Finance Department regarding financial projections and control systems.
* Assume Resource Manager for the delegated Revenue, Capital and R&R budgets, providing input into the Estimates.
* To represent the Council at a number of Community Partnerships and Interagency groups to develop and enhance working relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders to maximise corporate and community planning outcomes and to generate innovation in service delivery
* A third level qualification (for example, an HNC, HND, NVQ Level 4, Degree) or equivalent in an appropriate discipline, e.g. Leisure Management, Business Administration, Civil Engineering/Building, Project Management.
* Chartered membership of a relevant professional body.
A minimum of three years’ relevant middle management experience in the following areas of responsibility:
* Capital Build Project Management experience.
* Experience of working and networking with the full range of relevant statutory and non-statutory bodies.
* Experience in the submission of funding applications from a range of funding bodies