Project Manager – Kerbside
£20.71 per hour
Our client is looking for an experienced Project Manager- Kerbside.
The Post Holder is responsible to the Head of Service for Waste Management and Operations for the effective and efficient accomplishment of project objectives associated with implementation of new kerbside waste & recycling collection services within the council area by planning project activities, identifying resource requirements, evaluating implementation and progress of project.
Provide analysis and outputs for evidence-based decision making, develop innovative solutions to improve the effective planning and implementation of the project objectives and enhance service delivery.
The Project Manager is responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, executive, control and completion of project, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organisation. This will include pilot projects, public consultations and service delivery options appraisal exercises.
Manage the planning and prioritisation of work programmes and projects as directed and agreed by the Head of Service to ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out within the specified and agreed time and performance targets.
2. Provide regular reports and updates to the Head of Service and other Senior Management
3. Establish, lead and motivate Project Teams for project delivery, service development, continuous improvement initiatives, information sharing and in the training of staff and others as required. Lead meetings and set expectations with measurable outcomes for project team(s)
4. Identify resource requirements for all aspects of project delivery and assign responsibilities.
5. Create, develop and manage project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
A third level qualification (for example, an HNC, HND, NVQ Level 4, Degree) or equivalent in a business, waste or environmental related discipline.
It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
Two years’ relevant experience as outlined below:
• Experience of project management software tools and applications
• Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
• Experience in leading the design and implementation of high value projects (in excess of £2m)
• Experience in change management
• Experience in service delivery methodology and transitioning from one to another, particularly in the waste industry
• Strong analytical and organisational skills, with excellent verbal and written ability
Please only apply if you have the necessary skills, experience and expertise. The first part of our recruitment process is to send your CV