Contract, 6 months initially
£400 - £450 per day Ltd /Umbrella
As a Test Lead, you will take a leading role in defining high-quality test approaches and plans, in addition to designing and executing tests in support large and complex project and small change portfolios. In your capacity as Test Lead you will develop key relationships with business and technical colleagues, senior and executive stakeholders across the organisation. This will require diligent and robust co-ordination of multiple third party suppliers who provide different elements of architecture, requiring full integration testing. You will also take leadership responsibility for programme/project Test Analyst resource. Duties will include;
* Take a leading role in the robust planning, design and execution of testing aligned to the agreed testing strategy,
* Producing high-quality test plans developed in collaboration with and approved by project stakeholders.
* Planning and designing the required tests, ensuring the correct test approach is selected including test objectives, levels of testing, number of cycles and defect management planning.
* Establishing risk-based approaches to testing, where appropriate, and agreeing with project stakeholders.
* Preparation and execution of designed tests including key deliverables to agreed standards (e.g. test scenarios and test scripts) and scheduling all testing activity.
* Developing and agreeing suitable metrics for measuring testing progress and evaluating the quality of the testing delivered and the product.
* Adapting the plan, based on test results and progress, and taking the necessary action to overcome any obstacles or delays.
* Producing test reports, using the agreed metrics, to keep project stakeholders informed of testing progress, including summary reports at project closure.
* Proactive collaboration with Digital Architect, Business Analysts, third-party suppliers (e.g. web design agencies) and the wider programme and project teams to ensure that business requirements and solution designs are fully understood as part of the preparation of high-quality testing deliverables,
* Lead the design of tests and preparation of tests using appropriate testing tools, for automation and management, and implement test environments that are aligned to the target operating model for change delivery
* Designing and agreeing the phases of testing e.g. Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing [UAT], Regression Testing, necessary to support the delivery of quality assured software through external third party suppliers or internal providers for multiple platforms including Digital delivery of customer facing web applications.
* Actively managing own workload, whilst also supporting the team’s workload management by providing estimates for deliverables that enable capacity and project planning.
* Provide support and mentoring in testing best practice, technical skills and product knowledge, to less experienced members of the team when required.
The ideal candidate will have experience in exceptional test planning, design and analysis skills. You will be able to demonstrate experience of the full testing life-cycle from business requirements to test execution through various test phases including risk-based testing approaches. Digital deliveries including end-to-end integration testing through a full stack from web front-end applications through to back end platforms. Testing API components for Digital delivery including e2e integration and interface protocol testing. Automated test design and execution using industry best practice and testing tools e.g. Selenium and FitNesse for repeatability and regression; Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex scenarios with clarity to key stakeholders at all levels, An industry recognised qualification in testing e.g. ITSQB, Pensions administration system and/or investment platform knowledge would be desirable.
This role also requires that you develop knowledge of the business, products and services and industry best practice in testing. You will also take ownership of the key responsibilities listed below, whilst recognising that the role requires personal flexibility and adaptability to support the business in the delivery of change. If you are interested in the above, please email you CV to discuss the role further