THIS ROLE IS FOR A PUBLIC SECTOR LONDON BASED CLIENT AND WIOULD REQUIRE THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE TO HAVE DV CLEARANCE IN PLACE AND VALID. ANY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED WITHOUT VALID DV CLEARANCE WILL NOT BE PROCESSED, PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HOLD THIS LEVEL OF CLEARANCE AND FIT THE JOB DESCRIPTION. THANK YOU.
Role: Space Segment Security Officer
Contracting Authority: UKSA
Contract Length: 6 months initially
Location: Inner London
IR35: Out of Scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £650
Security Clearance: Must have DV clearance
CV Deadline: COP Wednesday 23rd October
Interview Process: Likely to be F2F in London
• Establish effective working relationships with relevant OGDs and other public bodies to engage them in Space Segment development and implementation for and within the programme, and to ensure that they have a common understanding of the programme’s Space Segment requirements and objectives coupled with the programme’s aims.
• Identify opportunities to engage OGDs and other public bodies on the programme to secure buy-in.
• Provide briefing with regards to Space Segment, and security input into UKSA and BEIS procedures as required to support the programme (e.g. reviews, reporting).
• Ensure that the programme embeds Space Segment security as a programme and business enabler rather than technically-led.
• Lead of the delivery of specified Space Segment security and system security documentation.
• Identify and challenge any failure of the programme to act in accordance with the security policy objectives so that it can be considered and addressed if necessary.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience of GNSS Security work is required.
• Experience of Cyber security implementation is required.
• Experience of working on a programme or project would be an advantage.
• The ability to draft clearly and concisely, and to communicate effectively is required.
• Security Policy experience would be desirable