Job Role: HR Specialist
Location: Field based
Role type: 6 month fixed term contract
Job Sector: HR
Hours: 35 per week
As the field based HR specialist, you will contribute to our vision of being the leading residential property manager, as recognised by others by:
• Providing an exceptional HR service to our operations teams, coaching and supporting line managers to develop high performing teams and deliver a high quality customer experience to internal and external customers
• Providing support to line managers to effectively manage employee relations cases, employee on-boarding, ongoing development and succession planning
• Ensuring that our employees have a great experience which is engaging, well managed and frustration-free
This role reports to the HR business partner and is field based.
You are a highly astute, HR specialist who is confident in ensuring operational excellence across all aspects of the HR agenda from supporting talent development to employment law.
Communication comes easily to you and have the ability to build strong working relationships with everyone from site based colleagues to senior management.
You are self-motivated, pro-active and solution driven. You enjoy working independently but also enjoy having other supportive colleagues you can build relationships with.
IT savvy and confident in using laptops / tablets and fluent in all MS packages
Your ideal role will be a varied one, as you will be dealing with many different subjects in different locations on a daily basis. You will be highly organised and enjoy prioritising urgent tasks to ensure completion of all cases in a timely manner.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples’ home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
• Deliver a high standard of employee relations support and case management to operations teams, including support with disciplinary, grievance, performance management, re-structures, absence, occupational health , exit interviews, TUPE, employment tribunals and providing legislative updates
• Support the HR business partner to instil a high-performance culture, developing and delivering on-boarding, talent and succession plans and ensuring teams are trained to deliver all elements of their job role to a high standard and provide a high quality customer experience
• Through coaching and training, ensure your client group understand HR policies & procedures and our employee proposition
• Work with operational teams to develop colleague engagement plans for each team, resulting in a demonstrable improvement in colleague engagement scores
• Ensure weekly and monthly metrics reporting is completed
• Support with change and improvement programmes across the business which improve the employee experience
• Work with resourcing, learning and development and HR services functions to ensure that the employee experience is engaging and frustration-free
Friendly – We look out for people’s best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
Inventive – We’re creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.
Respectful – We listen, consult and take on-board people’s opinions and needs. We understand the importance of the home and community in people’s lives, and act with respect at all times.
Skilled – We’ve the qualifications, experience and take great pride in our work to consistently deliver the highest standards and value for money. We’re informed, and we’re always building on that knowledge to constantly improve our quality of service.
Trustworthy – We’re always professional, reliable, open and honest. People can depend on us to keep our promises and follow through on our commitments.
Our customers deserve the best and the same applies to our people. We’ll support you with all of the technology, training and support that you need to do your job well. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefit packages. In addition to the core benefits, we also offer a range of exclusive discounts on extra benefits to help you and your family make the most of your money, safeguard your future and look after your health.
We’re committed to promoting diversity at FirstPort and recruit on merit. We will consider applications from job share applicants.
Ready to Apply?
Click the below apply button to start your application for this role. We will ask you to upload your CV and answer a few questions. You may also be asked to complete verbal and numerical reasoning tests online.
If you meet the criteria for the role we’ll be in touch to arrange a short telephone interview and our shortlist of candidates will be invited to attend interviews with the hiring manager and up to three other key stakeholders