Our client who are a leading automotive manufacturer is looking for a HR advisor to work within the Warehouse operations department based in Toddington, Luton.
The role is offered on a 6 months contract basis (via Adecco/PAYE). The role holder will be working 37.5 hours per week, Mon to Friday 9 am -5.30pm. A competitive salary of £30K-£35k per annum (pro-rata basis) will be offered to the right candidate.
As the HR advisor, you will be:
* Responsible for all Warehouse Operations employment, salary administration, hourly wage administration, benefits and welfare practices and procedures
* Recruitment and selection including the identification of employment and headcount requirements within the Warehouse Operations group
* Provision of support to Warehouse Operations in the management of restricted employees
* Supervision of Time and Attendance Process (SAP)
* Provide appropriate advice and support to all levels of Management
* Liaise with occupational health service provider. Ensure medical forms are completed and tracked.
* Monitoring attendance & absence of Warehouse Operations employees, including adherence to necessary procedures, chairing monthly Attendance Control meetings with Shift Managers, compilation of daily / weekly / monthly / annual statistical data on patterns and levels of absence
* Coordinate the management referral process to ensure all restricted / incapacitated employees are referred to Occupational Health in a timely manner and all associated paperwork is accurate and relevant
* Provide advice, coaching and administrative support at disciplinary, grievance and appeal hearings.
* Provide active advice and coaching to management staff on attendance control.
* Management of catering service provider including budgetary control, monthly service review meetings with contractor, chair of catering steering committee meetings and identification of cost saving opportunities
* Secretary of JPC committee
* Manage weekly payroll transactions and queries
* Ad hoc tasks where required
* Provision of legal updates for relevant management staff.
* Assist with and attend company events (e.g. long service awards, annual retiree reunion) and support annual business reviews, events and employee engagement activities.
* Co-ordinate and attend assessment centres for all internal/external recruitment
* Liaise with People Services regarding transactions, approve documentation, deal with any problems/issues
* Maintain SAP records for departmental holidays and overtime
* Support procedural training activities, develop Training Needs analyses and support delivery of identified training needs for groups and individuals.
* Deputise for HR/LR Manager as required
* Maintain a good working relationship with Trade Union officials
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
* Proven track record of working in a similar HR role previously.
* Experience of dealing with blue collar workforce will be an advantage.
* Experience of dealing with Trade Union will be highly beneficial.
* General administration experience, including excellent PC skills and report preparation
* Must be willing to work flexible times during busy periods (start - 7.45am to meet new starters or finish 6 pm)
* CIPD qualification or equivalent business degree is preferred
* Experience in the use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel and corporate HRIT systems
* Ability to work with minimum supervision, take initiative, be tenacious and a self-starter
* Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels both internally and externally
If you are interested, apply now without further delay!
The application process is subject to the successful completion of background and reference checking, including CRB and CCJ (County Court Judgement) checks Adecco is an equal opportunities employer.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information – please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy