Direction Co-ordinator - Graduates Welcome (Contract)
Luton or Bedford, Bedfordshire (with some travel within Bedfordshire)
YouTurn Futures is an exciting, innovative charity that aims to reduce reoffending and crime, combat anti-social behaviour and build social inclusion. We boast unparalleled depth of expertise within these areas as well as the skills to make a difference and develop real rapport to change lives.
We are now seeking a Direction Co-ordinator to join our teams in Luton or Bedford for a fixed-term contract until March 2021 with the potential to extend subject to funding.
- Salary of £21,000 - £24,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
- Generous pension arrangements
- 29 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
This is a superb chance for an individual with an in-depth understanding of the criminal justice sector and offender rehabilitation to take on a fantastic role where you will facilitate vital services that change lives.
This role comes complete with a genuine feel good factor. You’ll enable statutory, voluntary and community agencies to collaborate to provide support to individuals, including ex-offenders, vulnerable people, their families and other professionals.
Our teams are passionate about what they do and dedicated to their noble cause. You’ll discover you are given plenty of independence, will be working cross functionally with a wide variety of agencies and will have the chance to take a hands-on approach to the delivery of services.
Within the criminal justice sector, there are a large number of groups, all of whom provide excellent services to those in need. Your role will involve ensuring that their services are effectively provided as and when they are required to ensure reoffending is minimised.
You will be making a huge difference to people in Bedfordshire and playing a vital role within interventions which help deliver rewarding and fulfilling lives post-offending.
As a Direction Co-ordinator, you will be tasked with taking a hands-on approach to the delivery of a co-ordinated response service to support ex-offenders, vulnerable people, their families and other professionals.
Utilising a variety of agencies to provide well-managed support, you will deliver a range of services including recovery from addiction, help with employment, financial advice, and health and wellbeing support.
Your role will involve:
- Co-ordinating the operations of the service hub and providing direction
- Conducting needs assessment
- Developing reducing reoffender plans
- Arranging and delivering drop-in centres
- Managing enquiries and referrals (both via the phone and in person)
- Developing and delivering offender case management systems
- Travelling to meet partners and service users across Bedfordshire
To be considered as a Direction Co-ordinator, you will need:
- A good working knowledge of the criminal justice sector and an understanding of offender rehabilitation
- Experience of delivering high standards of customer service, both in person and over the telephone
- Experience of working collaboratively with partners and taking a proactive approach to networking and building relationships with different organisations
- To exercise discretion and apply professional judgement in identifying appropriate solutions and solving problems to meet the needs of service users
We're also eager to hear from graduates with criminological focused degrees, looking to gain experience in offender rehabilitation.
Other organisations may call this role Service Co-ordinator, Community Outreach Officer, Community Support Worker, Outreach Officer, Agency Co-ordinator, Service Hub Co-ordinator, Justice Services Co-ordinator, or Offender Co-ordinator.
YouTurn Futures reserves the right to close this role early if/when a suitable candidate is found.
Webrecruit and YouTurn Futures are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to make a difference in a hands-on capacity as a Direction Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency