Project Quality Assurance Manager – Quality Assurance / Supply Chain / Procurement
A Project Assurance Manager with Quality Assurance / Supply Chain / Procurement is required to work on a three month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Luton
This is a contract role with one of the UKs leading Defence companies.
Overview of the Project Assurance Manager contract role
* To support Integrated Project Teams, the Procurement and Quality functions and the External Supply-Chain In identifying, scoping and implementing tangible Business Improvement Opportunities.
Work in partnership with Procurement, Quality and the IPTs to ensure:
* The identification and implementation of IPT Improvement opportunities within the External Supply Chain
* Supply Chain risks and opportunities are identified, mitigated and exploited as required.
* The development and implementation of a Supplier Quality Strategy in line with IPT priorities.
* Compliance to AS9100 Revision D with particular emphasis on the Process Effectiveness (PEAR) requirements and joint internal auditing.
* The identification and delivery of internal Procurement Improvement opportunities in order to support both delivery and cost benefits.
* Development of proactive reporting to identify and drive internal and external IPT Improvement opportunities.
* Implementation of Supplier Failure Review Boards in order to drive IPT Improvement opportunities.
* Implementation of a proactive Supplier Quality Surveillance programme including maintenance of all supplier approvals.
* Support, as required, Generic Capability Reviews in the External Supply Chain.
* Support, as required, all adhoc Procurement and External Supply issues.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
* Ideally educated to Degree Level or equivalent.
* Preferably a Chartered Quality Professional.
* Experience of working within a Project Team Environment.
* Experience of proactive management of Non Conformance within the External Supply Chain.
* Experience of deploying Quality Tools and Techniques i.e. Lean, 5S, Root cause analysis, DMAIC, First Article Verifications
* Familiar with Procurement disciplines within the Defence Electronics and Manufacturing industry.
* Familiar with the requirements of AS9100 Revision D and auditing to this standard both internally and within the External Supply Chain.
* Awareness of contributing factors such as regulatory requirements for the External Supply Chain.
* Ability to identify and deliver change programmes in the External Supply Chain.
The role is based in < Luton, Bedfordshire - commutable from Watford, St Albans, Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, Bedford and Stevenage with excellent access from London
If you are a Project Assurance Manager looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Supply Chain opportunities please contact Mark Ashurst on (url removed) or phone (phone number removed)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country’s largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client’s and candidate’s needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a “one-stop shop” to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)