Rikama Education Ltd is looking for a Level 3 Qualified Childcare Nursery Room Leader Practitioner to join a vibrant and friendly Nursery in Maidstone, Kent.
The Nursery are looking to appoint an experienced, committed and enthusiastic Room Leader to join their busy but warm, caring and supportive setting. The Nursery offers a safe, stimulating, age appropriate and spacious environment for the children to feel engaged and supported. They have excellent indoor and outdoor facilities offering the children a place they can learn and thrive.
This Room Leader role is offered on a 40 hours per week, 51 weeks a year basis.
Our Ideal Candidate will:
- Hold a relevant level 3 childcare qualification;
- Have experience within a childcare setting;
- Be enthusiastic, fun, creative and a good role model;
- Have real passion, motivation and drive for working with and educating children;
- Have a good level of understanding of the EYFS and Safeguarding policies/procedures;
- Have a commitment to self-development and be prepared and motivated to keep knowledge and skills updated;
- Believe in promoting and building strong parent partnerships to provide cohesive learning for the children.
The role of Room Leader requires that you ensure:
- The highest standards are maintained when providing care, implementing safeguarding practices and following nursery policies/procedures
- EYFS/SEND standards are promoted, implemented and applied to your work;
- The responsibility (alongside management) of health, safety, security and wellbeing of children, staff and visitors is upheld;
- Participation in the key persons system being responsible for a group of children including monitoring, assessment, up to date recording and reporting on their development and progress;
- Children's emotional and social needs are met implementing the principles and techniques for positive behaviour management;
- A supported and smooth settling in/transition period for children as required;
- Activities provided are planned appropriately and are specific to a child's/group's abilities, interests, language and cultural background supporting the individual's development through learning and play;
- The attendance of meetings, training (both mandatory and otherwise), appraisals and supervision as required;
- Effective partnership with management, colleagues and other professionals as required including family support workers, speech therapists, SENCO;
- Any other duties as required by management within the scope of your role.
The benefits of working with Rikama Education are:
• Your own dedicated consultant;
• A variety of long-term positions to suit your needs;
• Competitive rates of pay;
• A £50 plus referral scheme for anyone that is subsequently placed.
If you are interested in the above Room Leader role, please do not hesitate to apply, or call me directly to discuss