Simply Education are looking to recruit a dedicated Textiles Teacher, on behalf of a secondary school in Maidstone. The role is a part time role, for a 1 year maternity cover, due to commence Mid October.
The school is a successful and comprehensive school with high ambitions for all students. They pride themselves in offering an engaging, safe and learning environment.
The successful candidate must have sound knowledge of the National Curriculum, not be afraid to get stuck into practical lessons, but keep them inspiring, safe and enjoyable. The teacher must also have the willingness to cover across Design Technology when needed and have strong behaviour management.
As the successful Teacher you will need to;
- Be a fully Qualified Teacher, with a Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), a PGCE, GTP or Bachelor of education
- Have the ability to prepare, plan deliver and mark
- Have strong classroom management skills.
- Be able to deal with challenging behaviour, with creative approach
- Be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team
- Possess the passion to teach Key Stage 3, 4 & 5.
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
You can also utilise the numerous benefits we offer to include;
- Your very own dedicated consultant
- A variety of daily, short and long term positions to suit your needs
- Email / SMS confirmation for all bookings
- £75 reward scheme for each Teacher you introduce
- Access to your own availability area via the Simply Education website where you can update your availability as and when required
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Michael Taylor on (Apply online only).
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Kent office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available