Position: Merchandiser – North Kent and the surrounding area
Fixed-term contract – 6 months
Salary: 18,400 £ + Bonus + Company Van
Schwartz is currently looking for a full-time Retail Sales Merchandiser to cover the North Kent and the surrounding area.
Working 40 hrs each week Monday - Friday (some weekend working maybe required) a successful candidate will be able to:
* Manage relationships within the major supermarkets such as Tesco, ASDA and Morrisons growing and maintaining those relationships.
* Use technologies provided to take the store contacts through presentations, sales figures, display opportunities and new product launches. The relationship between merchandiser and store is critical within this operation.
* Collect and deliver stock to stores each day following a set agenda to ensure 100% availability of product on shelf.
* Use knowledge and experience gained to create a plan (with support from line manager) to drive sales within the estate, which is an average of 20 stores.
* Place orders for stores directly on to the Schwartz in-house system, taking full responsibility for stock levels on shelf and secondary display.
Schwartz has a unique route to market within the Grocery sector that requires individuals to:
* Have a positive "can-do approach" managing relationships and expectations.
* Thrive on working to and surpassing targets.
* Enjoy being out on the road and working independently.
* Work as part of a wider team to drive business success.
* Put the customers’ needs at the centre of everything they do.
* Be confident with using technology
* Enjoy the physical elements of this role.
Since 1889 the Schwartz brand has been based on selling high quality, pure spices. It is a philosophy that has made Schwartz a fixture in every kitchen, if you want to be part of this successful team of over 150 sales professionals then apply now!
* Have the right to work in the UK and a UK bank account, as well as a full UK driving license
* Be able to manage their own time to meet the required deadline
Founded in Baltimore in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $4.8 billion in annual sales in 2017, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 3,200 employees, the company has operations in 14 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses.
McCormick entered the Polish market in 2011 with the acquisition of the Kamis business in Stefanowo. The company currently employs more than 900 people in Poland, this role will be based at our European Shared Services in Lodz. McCormick set up it's EMEA Shared Service centre in Lodz in 2014, currently employing more than 350 people.
The company’s long-term goal is to grow sales by 4-6 % globally with three avenues: base business growth through continuous investments behind our brands, product innovations, expanded distribution and acquisitions.
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the “Power of People”. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please apply via our careers centre.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader