NEC Supervisor - 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Do you have experience working on NEC forms of contracts? Wanting to work on exciting new projects? Wanting to gain some valuable experience? Then look no further.
* Ensure a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained for each contract, via site visits, assessing contract implementation with due regard to building and health and safety legislation.
* Provide a service at all times to the nominated Contract Administrator by ensuring that the standards of work and the materials supplied by contractors are as specified in accordance with the contract information.
* Act as Supervisor as described under the NEC form of contract.
* Ensure current knowledge of building services legislation, standards, methods of installation and health & safety knowledge is up-to-date using all appropriate means including reading, research from the building industry lead bodies, and networking with all appropriate organisations, both in-house and consultant.
* Maintain records and data, operate and maintain information systems and undertake general administrative tasks.
* Identify technical problems on site, to recommend corrective action and issue directions as authorised under the Contract.
* Witness on site testing & commissioning and keep appropriate records of results.
* Prepare schedules of defects and certify rectification of defective items.
* Attend internal and external meetings, both on and offsite as required.
* Supervision of junior staff and other staff allocated for various projects including the day-to-day management of the Clerk of Works/Quality Inspector/Supervisor.
* Represent Management as required and as appropriate.
* Operate and maintain information systems.
* Work with colleagues and managers to revise, update or develop working procedures, Company policies and areas of professional knowledge/expertise.
* To comply with Company policies, procedures and guidelines including the Companies Health and Safety Policy.
* To make visits to other offices as required when appropriate.
* To ensure / contribute / lead on the delivery of quality assured, client focused products and services to meet the agreed requirements of the customer.
* To carry out other duties appropriate to the level and character of the post.
* Must have a thorough practical knowledge of all types of mechanical services relevant to the building industry.
* Must have a thorough experience of mechanical engineering project management from inception to completion.
* Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all statutory requirements and legislation relating to mechanical engineering.
* Must have a sound knowledge of building project contracts.
* Must have experience on the use of computer aided design.
* Must be able to prepare monitor and control project budgets and expenditure.
* Must have a sound knowledge of health and safety legislation with particular emphasis on the construction, design and management regulations and risk assessments.
* Must have an ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
* Should have a positive, proactive and innovative approach to creative problem solving.
* Must have an ability to work alone and on his/her own initiative, as part of a team and with other groups, departments and agencies.
* Should possess flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances.
* Must be willing to undertake training to broaden skill range.
* Must be willing to abide by the Companies equal opportunities policy, including a willingness to undertake appropriate equality awareness training, and be able to demonstrate this within the work environment.
* To be customer focused in the delivery of the Companies property services.
* Must possess a driving license and provide the availability of a motorcar.
* Well organised, diplomatic, proactive, assertive and well-disciplined
* Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
* Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
* A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business