Tradewind Recruitment are currently looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Teacher of Computer Science, to join a fast paced and exciting secondary school in Bury, to start as September 2019. This is a full time, long term role, with the potential of a permanent contract, paying up to £150 a day.
We are recruiting on behalf of a secondary school, which caters for students from 11 -16 years old. The school place an emphasis professional development and are fully committed to the progress of their staff, as well as their students.
This OFSTED ‘good’ secondary school is looking for a Computer Science Teacher who can deliver lessons across all Key Stages and has excellent behaviour management and sound subject knowledge. You must be a committed practitioner, who will strive to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout the role. You will need to be a collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead on the delivery of the subject through inventive approaches including curriculum design and the use of ICT.
The role itself will involve the delivery of Computer Science lessons to students in KS3 and KS4. Ideal candidates will possess strong subject knowledge and will deliver outstanding lessons using innovative and engaging strategies.
The school is based on in Bury, with excellent public transport links and ample parking available.
As a Computer Science Teacher, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team of teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations, plus:
· a well-equipped department with interactive white boards
· the successful Computer Science Teacher will be provided with a comprehensive induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities for all staff
By registering with Tradewind, you will benefit from:
• Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
• More training and development than any other agency – which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor
• A great referral scheme – recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
• Full interview preparation and assistance – so you’re fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
• Help with lesson planning - our support doesn’t stop once we’ve secured you a placement
• A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
• Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this Computer Science role, you will need to:
• Hold QTS Status or QTLS
• This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
• You CV must have 10 years employment history included and any employment breaks must be explained
• You must have the legal right to work in the UK
To apply for this position, or hear more about the exciting opportunities we have here at Tradewind, please call the Manchester office on (phone number removed), or email or
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer – stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind, you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer