Technical Project Manager, Voice & Data Communications: Newbury / Manchester / London / Home-based
Technical Project Manager with experience of Voice / Data Communications, SIP, Ethernet, Broadband, MPLS, DSL, WAN required for our client, a leading telecommunications company.
Our Telecoms customer is currently seeking candidates who have Project Management experience in a technical environment to work within their Development department. Working with stakeholders from across all functional areas of the business this role will be responsible for delivering a range of projects covering new product development, improvements to existing products and business change in a fast-moving environment.
Our client supplies a broad range of communications to small, medium and large-sized business customers, the public sector and not-for-profit organisations. Products include fixed telephony, IP telephony, hosted phone systems, broadband and data connections, mobile services, security and unified communications solutions.
* Leading feasibility and scoping exercises.
* Working with the Product Manager or Project Sponsor to document the project scope.
* Agree project schedule and resourcing with key resource holders in Development and Operational teams.
* Initiating new projects.
* Working with virtual teams to take ownership for delivery of projects end to end.
* Working closely with teams including Product Managers, Software Development, Network Engineering and Operations.
* Tracking project Capex.
* Forecasting resource use for current and future projects.
* Identifying project risks and issues and initiating appropriate mitigation actions.
* Tracking project tasks and actions to completion.
* Reporting progress against schedule.
* Independently analyse the state of the project based on evidence and report the true state to senior management.
* Positively support the wider improvement of project processes.
Experience and qualifications
* Experience ofdelivering Voice/Data Communications, SIP, Ethernet, Broadband, MPLS, DSL, WAN projects.
* Delivery project management.
* Technical expertise in Voice/Data Communications, SIP, Ethernet, Broadband, MPLS, DSL, WAN and the ability to understand technical solutions and be able to communicate these between teams is essential.
Personal qualities, skills and values
* Be a confident and conscientious ‘self-starter’ who will: be able to set own deliverables; execute tasks to completion without the need for supervision; adapt easily to changing priorities; and deliver against objectives.
* Be very organized, flexible, inquisitive, independent and self-aware.
* Enjoy getting into the detail but being able to stand back and appreciate the broader perspective.
* Enjoy working alongside other hard-working people within a very flat, closely knit yet decentralised structure.
* Enjoy teamwork and be willing and able to take the lead when required, influencing and driving change.
* Be open in your communications – we have no time for politics nor arrogance.
* Put customers first: both internal and external.
* Be cost-conscious without making false economies.
* Flexible, able to work with different technologies and stakeholder groups and people from broad range of backgrounds