In light of the on-going Reform of Local Government and the establishment of the new Newry, Mourne and Down District Council, it is expected that role will evolve and transform with ongoing changes. The post holder will therefore be expected to be flexible and adaptable to meet the changing needs and requirements of the organisation, and duties and responsibilities may vary without changing the purpose of the job or level of responsibility.
Main Purpose of Post/Job Summary To provide a cleansing/caretaking service in the public conveniences throughout the Down District Council area. Ensuring the public conveniences are serviced to a high standard of cleanliness and maintained in a safe and secure manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
To undertake caretaking/cleansing duties in public conveniences including:
The cleansing of all toilet facilities to agreed standards and schedules
Maintaining an available supply of toiletry materials
The opening, closing and securing of shuttered and/or non-automated toilets at agreed times. Job Description Number ES07-08(10) Salary Scale 2 (scp 3-4) Reports to Waste Services Supervisor
Base Location Based in Council offices in Newry or Downpatrick this post will work across the Council District of Newry, Mourne and Down District Council. Car user Casual Rehabilitation of Offenders Non-Regulated Directorate / Department Regulatory and Technical Services / Waste Management Date of Job Description July 2008 District Toilet Attendant Job Description
Securing the toilet buildings may sometimes involve liaising with PSNI to remove members of the public and/or receive crime reference numbers as appropriate.
(2) Carry out toilet inspections, minor maintenance, report any damage, hazard or loss, request repairs if necessary and take appropriate action to secure the toilet if required.
(3) To ensure a high level of customer care including keeping of accurate records of cleaning schedules, defects reported and repairs requested.
(4) To be responsible for the care and proper use of a Council Vehicle in accordance with the drivers handbook.
(5) To be responsible for the safe handling, use and storage of cleaning materials and chemicals in accordance with COSHH regulations.
(6) To provide assistance, directions, and general information to members of the public within the toilet area.
(7) To ensure that all Corporate policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
JustNurses are actively recruiting for a Registered Nurse to cover day shifts working on medical wards at an HSC Hospital based in Newry.
Requirements for an Agency General Registered Nurse:
* Minimum of 6 months' experience working within a UK Hospital.
* RGN, NMC registered
* Mixed work patterns, long days/earlys and lates available
* Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures.
* Must be either living in Newry or willing to travel to the area.
Agency General Registered Nurse Salary:
* £28-£36 per hour.
We have all different types of shifts and are looking for individuals who are fully NMC registered to start ASAP covering a large number of shifts including days, nights and weekends.
If you're interested in this position or for more information, please call Daniel Cosgrove on (phone number removed). We have a variety of opportunities available across many regions so please get in contact to find out more.
Additional benefits for an Agency General Registered Nurse:
- NMC fees paid yearly*
- A dedicated one to one service
- Fast track registration process
- Excellent rates of pay
- Assistance with travel and accommodation
- Weekly pay, on time, every time
- Access to exclusive HSC and private sector jobs
- No registration fee
- Reimbursed Police Check
- Free online training
Not available for this position? Why not recommend a friend or colleague and earn a £250 referral bonus on successful placement (terms and qualifying period apply).
*Subject to terms and conditions