Good at dealing with rubbish?
South Norfolk and Broadland Council has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service and Administration Assistant to join our team based at Thorpe Lodge, Norwich, NR7 0DU. You will join us on a full time, temporary contract for 12 months, working 37 hours per week, in return for a competitive salary of circa £17,940 per annum.
What you could be part of…
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What’s in it for you as our Customer Service and Administration Assistant…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities
Responsibilities of our Customer Service and Administration Assistant:
- Providing an effective first contact resolution to all contact from residents relating to the depot services, including waste collection, pest control, bulky goods, commercial waste and street cleaning with approx 50% of the time dealing with telephone calls.
- Provide and maintain administrative support including word processing, reports, Excel and work flow diagrams, filing and database recording and monitoring systems, ensuring accuracy of data at all times.
- Raise sales ledger invoices and associated bad debt administration, purchase orders including reconciliation and goods receipting.
What we’re looking for in our Customer Service and Administration Assistant:
- Previous experience of working with the public
- Ability to deal with a high volume of calls daily
- Resilience to deal with issues and complaints
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of working under own initiative
- Good IT skills
- The ability to demonstrate tact, discretion and confidentiality
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Customer Service and Administration Assistant then please click ‘apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: Thursday 23rd July 2020 or when sufficient applications have been received