A well-respected, family owned, electrical manufacturing company are looking for a Warehouse Assistant. The position is on the day shift which is 7.30am till 4.30pm with a 1.30pm finish on a Friday. You would be assisting in the stores by checking deliveries and booking stock in alongside driving the van to deliver products to customers to cover for the drivers as necessary. This is mainly a factory store based position with some delivery work to cover drivers so you would need a full drivers licence and be over 25, although, if you are over 21 with a clean licence they may be able to add you to their insurance.
Previous experience of Warehouse / Stores work is preferable as is a forklift licence with experience in a commercial setting. However, if you have a strong work ethic, a steady work record and commutable experience you will also be considered.
This is a full-time position with potential progression available for the right person. You would start on an initial 3-month contract which could lead to a permanent position if you match the role and are a reliable worker, work permitting.
As a Warehouse, Stores Assistant your duties will include;
* Check deliveries and sign for goods in and out of the stores.
* Amending BOM's and issuing stock to the shop floor.
* Completing monthly consumable lists and stocktakes.
* Deliveries and collections using the company van as required.
* Stocking consumables and recycling cardboard etc.
The Ideal Warehouse, Stores Assistant, would have the following skills and attributes;
* Experience of warehouse and stores type work.
* Driving licence, over 25 or full clean licence over 21.
* Counterbalance forklift licence and experience.
* Organised and logical approach to work with decent computer skills.
* Positive attitude and a strong, work history.
Warehouse Stores Assistant
In Return, you will receive an hourly rate of £7.50 which is paid weekly and a holiday entitlement of 22 days plus bank holidays. There may be voluntary overtime offered which is paid at time and a half.
This is a full-time position with an initial three-month contract, possibly leading to a permanent contract if you match the role, are a reliable worker and work flow continues as it is. Your working week will be Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 4.30pm and 7.30am to 1.30pm on a Friday. There is an unpaid half hour lunch break, and 2 x 15 paid tea breaks.
The company operates random drug and alcohol testing due to the detailed nature of the work