Job Title: Customer Service Advisor
Location: Cromer, Norfolk
Salary: £20,344 - £22,021 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Fixed Term (12 Months, secondment Cover) (37 hours per week)
Closing date: 9am on Monday 1st July 2019
North Norfolk is an attractive rural District with beautiful coastline, fantastic landscapes and big skies within easy reach of the fine City of Norwich.
This vacancy is based within the Customer Services team where we act as the first point of contact for NNDC. We provide advice, information, direction and resolution to our customers on a wide range of council services, demonstrating customer service excellence at all times. We provide this service via all access channels.
They are currently undergoing many exciting changes across the organisation. You will be joining a busy Customer Services team at an exciting time, as we embark on a journey of Digital Transformation where we welcome a fresh approach with the aim to enhance our customers’ experience.
* To respond and resolve enquiries via telephone, face-to-face, web-chat, email and in writing, in relation to matters affecting all council services areas
* To manage customer enquiries using a working knowledge of multiple services and systems to record customer notifications of complaints within the district
* To assess new applications for licences, electoral registration, planning permission and building regulations by determining evidence requirements for processing and deciding what additional proof is necessary
* To maintain a technical working knowledge of legislation, case law, working practices and policies in respect of Electoral Services, Planning and Building Control, Environmental Health and Licensing, Council Tax and Non-Domestic (Business) Rates, and Housing Benefits
* To have an awareness of the political nature of the council and members
* To work with a minimum level of supervision
* Using own initiative and judgement to review land constraints and new planning applications for validation at the point of submission
* To use negotiation and diplomacy skills to resolve complex enquiries whilst applying technical working knowledge of relevant legislation, case law and working practices and policies and to take follow up action where necessary
* To manage customer enquiries across multiple departments using a wide ranging knowledge of council services
* Accurately maintain and update customer accounts (including financial data), using a workflow system
* To maintain accurate account reconciliation by ensuring payments received are allocated to the correct service department and are posted to the correct accounts, financial year, that credits are refunded and that instalments balance where applicable
* To provide excellent customer service, promoting equality and diversity, treating customers professionally, sensitively and with empathy
* To be accurate, empathetic and solution focused with an attention to detail and to deliver a consistently high level of customer care
* Demonstrate experience of working in a customer service related role
* Experience of applying product knowledge to answer and process customer requests accurately and according to priority
* Demonstrate experience of referring to regulatory and statutory procedures
* Experience of dealing with vulnerable and difficult customers, explaining complicated information face-to-face, on the telephone and in writing
* Demonstrate knowledge and experience of processing and retrieving data
* Demonstrate understanding of data protection, confidentiality regulations and equality and diversity
* Experience of maintaining and updating computer records providing audit trails and supporting evidence
* At least 5 GCSE or equivalent at grade C or 4, including English and maths
* Demonstrate the ability to analyse and interpret customer information in order to give correct advice
* Negotiation and diplomacy skills whilst giving consideration to the best interest of the customer and the council
* Experience of entering data onto computer systems at the same time as interacting with the customer
* Demonstrate ability to prioritise duties to ensure customer service excellence
To apply for the role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your e-mail.
The Council is committed to equality and diversity in employment and encourages applications from all sections of the community.
They offer employees a friendly working environment, flexible working hours, a career average pension scheme and take pride in achieving Investors in People Gold standard.
Candidates with experience of: Receptionist, Customer Services Executive, Administrative Assistant, Customer Service Representative, Office Administrator, Business Development Executive, Customer Support, Administration, Client Service, Account Manager, Sales Support, Customer Service Consultant, Business Administrator, Company Receptionist, Admin Assistant, Administration Assistant, Office Assistant, Reception, General Administration, Admin Support, Secretary, Support Administrator, Office Support, Operations Assistant, Customer Service Administrator, Client Services Executive, Administration Clerk, Business Support, New Business Executive, Administrator, Admin, Office Administrator and Administrative may also be considered for this role