Families First - Durham Qualified Social Worker
***Part Time Working opportunities available ***
Durham is looking for a children's Social Worker to join their Families First Team, based in various locations throughout Durham. The successful Social Worker will be expected to handle urgent incoming calls and assessments.
They are looking for an experienced Social Worker that is used to working within a busy team, handling incoming urgent assessments and providing information and advice to public and other institutions.
Benefits of the role as a Families First Social Worker:
* Join a well-connected team
* Stable authority
* Training within the role
* Autonomy in role
As a Families First Social Worker you will be expected:
* To be conversant with operational and practice issues pertaining to the delivery of frontline social work services for children, young people and their Parents/Carers.
* To undertake Initial and Core Assessments of children and families in accordance with the Assessment Framework, ensuring that they are completed in a timely manner
* To prepare and present reports for a range of purposes, including child protection conferences, child looked after reviews and court, and ensures that these are produced to a high quality standard.
* To undertake on-going consultation and participation with children/young people, Parents/Carers and other professionals to ascertain their views, wishes and feelings about each child's Plan
As a Families First Social Worker, you MUST:
* Be HCPC registered
* Be eligible to work in the UK
* Be available to work 37 hours a week
* Have a Full UK Driving License and access to personal vehicle
* Be good with IT systems
You will need the following in order to be considered for the Role:
* BA/MA/BSc/MSc Social Work, CQSW, DipSW, CSS or CCETSW approved equivalent).
* It is also essential that you be registered with the HCPC.
* Experience must have been gained post qualifying sufficient in order to settle quickly into this position.
* Reference Details to cover employment for the previous 5 year work history
* DBS on the update service or happy to process a new one
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career and offer vouchers worth £250 if you refer other successful Qualified Social Workers.
If you would like to apply for this position or to find out more about this opportunity please contact Zara Murray by phone at 07710502339 Alternatively, you can email me at by attaching a Microsoft Word copy of your CV