Salary: £(Apply online only) per day
Contract type: Maternity Contract
Contract term: full-time
Job starts: Septemebr
We are currently working on behalf of a secondary school in Durham looking to appoint an Art Teacher to cover full time, long term Maternity Contract post. The ideal candidate must be specialist in this subject and be able to deliver lessons across key stage 3 and 4.
The Head Teacher has requested that the successful candidate has a passion and drive for becoming a member of the wider school community and will show willingness to complete any CPD inset training alongside other staff.
NQT'S are more than welcome to apply.
Key responsibilities and requirements for this teaching role will include:
Preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes up to KS4;
* Marking work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupils' progress and development;
* researching new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devising and writing new curriculum materials;
* Selecting and using a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive whiteboards;
* Preparing pupils for qualifications and external examinations;
* Managing pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour;
* Undertaking pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties;
* Communicating with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participating in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events;
* Liaising with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers;
* Supervising and supporting the work of teaching assistants;
An enhanced DBS check will be needed for successful candidates as well as two satisfactory references which will be sought upon application for this post.
Even if this position doesn't sound right for yourself but you are a Secondary Teacher looking for long or short-term supply work, then please get in touch as we may have more suitable positions!
If you would like further information regarding the role or wish to apply, please contact me on the information below