It is an exciting time to join the Business Improvement and IT teams at EDF Renewables. Working closely with the senior management of the teams, the project manager will work with project managers and change professionals to deliver exciting business change projects across the business.
The incumbent will work with the Business Improvement and IT teams to achieve the objectives, ensuring compliance to the company's Project Management Framework and drive the overall improvement of projects within the business change portfolio, whilst offering the successful candidate the opportunity to develop their understanding of project delivery, governance and project financial management. Partner with Project Managers and Senior stakeholders across the business to understand the needs of the business and plan, design, and deliver solutions against these needs.
This is an exciting time to join the HR, HSE + Comms team at EDF Renewables. Working closely with the recently appointed Chief People Officer, and day-day interaction with the HR Programme Lead and Business Improvement lead, the project manager will work with the HR Programme Lead and Business Improvement Lead to deliver exciting HR, HSE + Comms projects across the business.
The Project Manager will work with project owners to support the delivery of key projects for the business. The successful candidate will help to initiate, plan and execute projects effectively, delivering internal customer deliverables and completing successful project handover. Current projects in the pipeline include building a job architecture and reward structure, creating, launching and embedding Company wide Purpose, Mission and Values with associated behaviours and developing our approach to resource planning for the business.
The incumbent will work with the rest of the team to achieve the objectives, ensuring compliance to the company's Project Management Framework and drive the overall delivery improvement of projects within the HR + Comms portfolio, whilst offering the successful candidate the opportunity to develop their understanding of project delivery, governance and project financial management.
You will support on various People initiatives, with a strong emphasis on Talent Lifecycle, employee retention and engagement, employee wellbeing, Diversity & Inclusion, and learning and development.
Update process, policy and procedures as required.
* Providing effective management to project teams on projects assigned to you to support with
* Co-ordination of, publication, review and sign-off of major Project Management deliverables.
* Ensuring project plans are created and maintained, deliverables tracked against time and cost, and resource utilisation is monitored.
* Monitoring and reporting on progress of assigned project to the senior HR, HSE and Comms team and all stakeholders.
* Co-ordinating project activities to meet quality objectives. Managing project risks, issues and change control, communicating the impact to the project.
* Monitoring projects against time, budget and quality standards.
* Providing complete and accurate Management Information to the HR Programme Lead, Senior Management and Senior Exec Team as appropriate to bring to attention areas for management focus in advance of / avoiding escalations.
* Responsible for preparation of consolidated material from project reports for monthly reviews, completes and distributes monthly portfolio reports for senior management review.
* Clear understanding of project budgeting and baselining.
What does being a great Project Manager mean at EDF Renewables mean?
* Strong Leadership: You will lead and contribute to key business change projects in HR, HSE + Comms, to drive the strategy and priorities of the whole EDF RUK. You will be able to provide clear direction to your project teams in an evolving landscape
* Curiosity & Analytical Thinking: You're able to gain an understanding of what the project data and the key stakeholders are telling you and generate customer insights and solutions from this.
* Planning & Prioritising You have a structured plan for the required works that is achievable and communicated to stakeholders, and you keep track of progress to ensure it is shared with the business.
* Create The Right Solution: You challenge established practices and identify better ways to meet the business' needs.
* Telling The Story: You can effectively articulate the problem and explain why you are solving it. You can provide data that supports this and are able to explain the solution that has been chosen.
* Implementation: You proactively follow through on your activities and projects to deliver a high quality outcomes with effective change management
Qualifications & Experience
* Experience of working on HR and business change projects with the ability to manage complex HR, HSE + Comms projects across a multi-directorate organisation
* Working with diverse sets of stakeholders to agree solutions that meet a range of business demands
* Proven track record in delivering workshops and other change management techniques, readily adopting new ways of working and technology innovation
* Experience of working with multi-location teams
* Experience or understanding of project co-ordination/administration.
* Understanding of various project management frameworks and methodologies
* Previous PMO / Project Management experience essential
* Ability to use Microsoft Office products to a high standard, including MS Outlook, Excel, Project, Visio, PowerPoint
Knowledge & Competencies
* Confidence to engage key stakeholders at all levels
* Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
* Ability to work independently and as a team player
* Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
* Analytical thinking with the ability to collate and interpret data, producing meaningful and accurate reports; strong attention to detail
* Able to build meaningful relationships with stakeholders
* Strong attention to detail
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio
* Highly motivated to deliver results and 'go the extra mile' to meet deadlines;
* Must have good written, verbal and presentation skills