Our client requires a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the team for an ongoing contract opportunity supporting various projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Supervise Designers within own discipline, for delivery of detailed work packages
* Act as Project Engineer for smaller/single discipline projects
* Manage suppliers to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of procured equipment
* Ensure Safety, Health and Environmental protection are inherent in engineering design
* Ensure that all safety, design requirements, QA and project management procedures are applied and maintained
* Be responsible for ensuring quality, checking and approval of discipline design deliverables
* Comply with all safety, CDM requirements for design work, include: design reviews, risk assessments, customer instructions, site regulations, HAZOPS, and SSOW
* Comply with company processes, procedures, H&S and Environmental policies
* Carry out design in accordance with approved design guides, procedures, statutory regulations, customer requirements, British/European Standards / Codes of Practice
* Contribute to the production of cost and man-hour estimates
* Contribute to the preparation of project scoping documents
* Prepare specifications and requisitions for equipment
* Manage and report all costs on allocated projects in terms of progress, cost control and variations
* Carry out design, calculation and studies relevant to the engineering discipline
* Carry out site surveys of existing assets, augmenting design to ensure robust fit for purpose engineering solutions
* Support site installation and commissioning activities
* Supervision and Input to the production and / or development of schemes, arrangement drawings, schedules and other deliverables as required by the project, e.g. equipment layouts, piping arrangements, 3D models, isometrics, line lists, valve lists and equipment lists
* Selection & specification of general mechanical items e.g. piping, valves, traps, strainers, hoses, etc.
* Selection & specification of main items of equipment e.g. vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, filters, packaged plant, etc..
* Calculations for vessel design and pipe stress analysis using proprietary software
* Knowledge of current standards and codes of practice including PED, PSSR, Pressure Vessel codes, ATEX etc
* 5+ years experience in mechanical engineering design
* Sound technical knowledge and expertise in all areas of mechanical engineering
* Experienced in the selection & specification of relevant equipment
* Application of all key relevant British and European standards and regulations
* HNC Mechanical Engineering (or similar) + 10 years experience and/or Incorporated Engineer (IMechE) (Minimum)
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) and/or Chartered Engineer (IMechE) (Preferred)
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business