Secondary Supply NQTs / Newly Qualified Teachers
Are you a secondary NQT looking for an opportunity to work in a variety of schools to build your CV?
Do want you the chance to gain further experience in a particular Key Stage?
TeacherActive are offering a great opportunity for secondary teachers to get away from the stress of a full time job and work on supply to suit your availability! Our long-standing relationships with schools mean that we can find you the position that's right for you, giving you guidance and advice along the way.
Our dedicated consultants have an ideal mix of skills and knowledge, coming from a background of both hands on classroom experience and extensive recruitment experience.
Successful secondary supply teachers will need to have the following:
UK QTS with subject specialism
A minimum of 6 months experience in KS3 and KS4
Good communication skills and good classroom management
A genuine passion for teaching and encouraging children’s learning and development
Adaptable and patient
What the suitable secondary supply teacher will receive in return:
On-going support and guidance from a secondary consultant with specialist knowledge
Work with a variety of schools in Manchester
The opportunity to enhance your CPD portfolio
For more information contact Carla on (Apply online only) or email your CV to
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services
Long term contract
A leading international organisation based in the heart of Liverpool is looking for an exceptional Payroll Manager. You will manage a team of experienced payroll administrators whilst taking full responsibility of multiple UK payrolls. You will benefit from being exposed to running and coordinating projects within the group as well as being the lead for process improvement, escalated and complex payroll queries whilst becoming a super user of the payroll software.
The role is ideal for an experienced Payroll Manager who has ran multiple payrolls, led and managed a small team, successfully ran projects ideally with a big company background.
Duties and tasks:
• Managing the payroll function for multiple subsidiaries within the group
• Ensuing the high volume payrolls are processed accurately and meet company deadlines
• Ensuring all payroll administration is compliant and completed in line with company policy
• Responsible for all payments including BACS, HMRC, Pensions and 3rd party
• Be the main point of contact for all escalated and complex payroll and pension queries
• Responsible for leading and co-ordinating payroll projects
• Ensure directions for projects are adhered to whilst working towards challenging deadlines
• Become a super user of the system and be responsible for all system improvements and open to ideas to speed up processing or improve existing processes
• Be responsible for completing payroll year end in line with audit requirements
• Solely responsible for managing company pension schemes and ensuring reconciliations are calculated correctly
• Perform employee 121s, appraisals and lead meetings with wider members of the organisation to aid collaborative working
Skills and experience:
• CIPP Qualified or training towards
• Current and up to date experience in a management or senior leadership role
• Expert knowledge of UK payroll legislation
• Expert knowledge of pensions
• Proven ability of running multiple, high volume weekly and monthly payrolls
• Ability to manually calculate at speed
• Previous experience using integrated HR and Payroll software
• Ability to influence others whilst being confident, approachable and highly organised
• Marketing leading company with a low turnover of staff
• Opportunity to be part of implementing first hand changes within the business
• Modern and up to date working offices
• Central location
• Excellent pension
• Challenging role where you can add significant value
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
The Sterling Group have an exciting opportunity for an IT Helpdesk Analyst to join their busy team based in Warrington.
Job Title: IT Helpdesk Analyst
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 per annum+ benefits
Hours of Work: 38.5hrs, Monday to Friday 8.30am - 17.00pm
An opportunity has arisen to join Centre Park Resources Limited, part of the Sterling Group, which is one of the longest established contractor organisations in the UK.
Our primary business is the sub-contracting of employees employed through the Sterling Umbrella route within the construction industry as well as giving contractors the option to work through our self-employed route. Centre Park Resources are responsible for providing a professional, efficient and excellent service to all Sterling contractors.
We are currently looking for an experienced IT Helpdesk support/Analyst to join our team.
The IT Hardware analyst works closely with the Hardware Manager to ensure that the systems within Sterling House operate effectively.
The successful candidate will ideally have a further IT qualification, they must be flexible and keen to learn in this fast paced and ever changing environment.
IT Helpdesk Analyst
Essential Knowledge of:
- Windows Servers
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP), and network devices, switches, routers, firewalls and wiring
- Setting up of desktops, laptops, ipads, mobile phone
- Supporting of office equipment queries (desktop, printers, phones)
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Basic understanding of network concepts
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products
- Good customer service skills and telephone manner
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise work load
Highly advantageous skills / experience:
- Virtualisation Technologies
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Cloud Based Services
IT Helpdesk Analyst - Benefits:
- 5% employer pension contribution
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free parking
To submit your CV for this exciting IT Helpdesk Analyst opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now
Alex Tosney at CK Group is recruiting for an In Vivo Scientist to work for a globally recognised pharmaceutical company based in Cheshire on a 12 month initial contract.
The client is a major force in the pharmaceutical industry and this is a great opportunity to work with a major international firm.
The main duties of the In Vivo Scientist will be to:
· Contribute to the plans and designs of in-vivo studies and provides general technical and scientific advice on specific projects and studies.
· Manage your own work to ensure agreed targets are met in a timely manner to agreed quality standards, always communicating progress.
· Perform in vivo experiments and interpret results based on a standard methodology.
· Modify or improve processes and systems, depending on the purpose of experiments.
For this role you must have the following skills and experience:
· Current UK Home Office Licence.
· Graduate or experienced non-graduate.
· Experienced with in vivo techniques.
· Current/past HO personal licensee.
· Problem-solving skills related to in-vivo research and data analysis.
The role will involve weekend work at 4 hours on Saturday and 4 hours on Sunday with time off given during the week.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference KA43723 in all correspondence
FREELANCE SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR - LANCASHIRE – £350 A DAY
TSA is an award winning independent specialist recruitment business. We focus on recruiting professionals in the construction, consultancy and civil engineering industries and believe that work should have a positive impact on people’s lives.
Ongoing contract available for a Civil Engineering, Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on 2 key live projects, one worth £5.5m and the other £3.6m. These are both MEICA packages of work on water treatment plants under the NEC form of contract.
* Procurement and full subcontract management
* Working with the teams to feed back any technical issues
* Picking up and pricing changes
* Checking of revisions
* Making applications for payment in line with key milestones
* Must have experience of the NEC form of contract
To apply for this role, please contact Cathryn Scutts on (Apply online only) / (Apply online only) or send your CV through to (url removed)
NRL is recruiting on behalf of a leading engineering business for Testers to work on a project at Manchester Airport.
About the role:
• Carrying out testing and inspection works
• Any other duties as and when required
What you will need:
• Valid JIB Card
• Valid 2391/ 2395
What’s in it for you:
• Attractive daily rates
• 4 weeks work
• Working hours 7.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday
• Start date ASAP
Call Laura on (Apply online only) to apply or submit a copy of your CV
P&M Resources Recruiting
Job title: 360 Machine Driver Above 10 Tonne, Manchester M1
Salary: £14-15depend on experience
Location: Manchester M1
Duration: around 2 weeks temporary position
Responsibilities & duties
P&M resources Ltd are acting as a recruitment Agency required experience 360 Machine Driver Above 10 Tonne, Manchester M1
Must have experience in 360 Machine Driver
Working with team of experienced 360 Machine Driver as well as individual , on busy construction site
Report to 360 Machine Driverr foreman , each day
NEED TO HAVE excavation and re-instatement tickets
Work experience & skills
" Cscs card , ppe, tools,excavation and re-instatement tickets
" Construction experience related to trade on advert on busy construction site
Contact details: P&M resources Ltd team , (Apply online only) or call / text (Apply online only) or email
We’re looking for a Laboratory Chemist to join our clients Liverpool site. Our client is a leading worldwide company who provide environmental solutions for a range of waste, water, and waste water management services. They are focused on carbon reduction by raising environmental awareness and investing more than £1 billion on new infrastructure by 2018.
* GC analytical based work, with other techniques KF water content, pH, residues and GCMS work.
* Environmental analysis and monitoring.
* Sampling and testing our non-bulk loads.
* Assistance to maintain laboratory
* Knowledge of environmental legislation would be a benefit
* Knowledge of the waste industry/dangerous goods
* Science GCSE/ A level / Degree (desirable but not essential)
* Good communication skills to liaise with a range of customers
* Strong understanding of health and safety, ideally with qualification
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information please call Ashley Clarke on (Apply online only) or email ashley.clarke @ (url removed) and quote 15128AGC, or apply directly using the “Apply” option below
Our client are a well established heating contractor working within the local authority sector.
They are currently recruiting for a self employed domestic gas engineer to carry out boiler and gas appliance servicing in the Warrington area.
This contract will be ongoing working 5 days per week Monday to Friday.
You will need to have the following:
- Gas Safe Registration
- ACS incl. CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1, CPA1
- Calibrated flue gas analyser
- Public liability insurance
Payment will be weekly based on a price per service.
A full service specification and further details can be provided.
If this role is of interest to you please contact us on (Apply online only)
SCP require Ceiling Fixers for Liverpool City Centre.
Applicants must have a CSCS Card and UKATA Asbestos Awareness Certificate.
Will be required for all aspects of Ceiling Fixing on a large refurbishment project in Liverpool City Centre.
This is a long term position with an immediate start available.
To apply please call Adam on 01133970850