Working hours; 9 - 5.30 (flexible working due to current situation)
Your role will cover our 4 northern offices based in Manchester, Birmingham, Sheffield and Glasgow an you’ll be responsible for 350+ employees across the region with 3 direct line reports, Senior HR advisor, HR Advisor and a HR Administrator. You’ll be working from the office 4 days a fortnight with the other 6 days working from home.
Candidates applying must be a Level 7 CIPD Chartered Member with previous experience as HR Manager/Business Partner in a fast-moving dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Providing expert guidance to directors and line managers on best practice on complex case work
* Plan, manage and support any consultation activities
* Management of the Job Retention Scheme in accordance with latest government guidelines
* Providing briefings to managers to launch/communicate local/national initiatives on changes affecting employees
* Support and coach line managers as required on capability performance and incapacity and sickness absence management
* Be a key point of contact when it comes to people, policy and process improvement and support the HR Director to implement company-wide change
* Ensure effective, efficient application of processes by the business in employee relations matters such as: probationary reviews, disciplinary and grievance investigations and appeals
* Support and develop company-wide working practices in conjunction with Central Services, Payroll, Business Systems, Directors and the wider HR teams,
* Communicate with the studio directorate on resourcing requirements activities
* Liaise with Directors to identify appropriate training, development and mentoring strategies
Berry Recruitment is one of the North West's leading multi-sector recruitment agencies, and is part of the UK-wide Berry Recruitment Group.
We are recruiting for a Recruitment Business Support Administrator to join our successful branch in Warrington. The role will involve speaking to candidates face-to-face and on the phone so a confident and professional phone manner is essential
Hours of work
8am-4pm (1 hr lunch) 5 days a week
This role is a weekly paid, ongoing role, which could become permanent for the right candidate.
Completing temporary candidate weekly payroll
Checking all candidate documents, compliance and record-keeping
Advertising for and sourcing candidates on job boards
Conducting candidate registrations
Liaising with clients, taking bookings and dealing with vacancies
Other duties as required
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a successful recruitment agency that rewards each individual on their own merits. There are excellent opportunities for future career progression across the group.
This role is due to commence in August, so please apply now for immediate consideration.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job
Electricians required for our client based on in Greater Manchester
Maintenance work, testing and improving Modular cabins which are returning to the facillity for refurbishment
Must have 3 years plus experience
Own tools required
Please call Sally to discuss
My client, an International Consultancy and Construction company is seeking to appoint a part time Bid Coordinator to cover a 12 month maternity period.
About the role
You will be responsible for monitoring new opportunities via various portals and ensure portals are updated and maintained to keep a steady flow of new business coming in. You will be completing PQQ’s and supporting all areas of the business to coordinate various documents and ensure the bid is prepared in line with agreed deadlines. Working closely with the Bid Manager, you will manage small tenders from concept to completion and support of larger tenders as part of a wider team. This role is covering a 12 month maternity period and will be 3 days per week.
My client is looking for an experienced Bid Coordinator who has a solid understanding of the bid process. You will ideally come from a construction background however other sectors within the built environment will be considered. You must have strong organisational skills, be able to work towards deadlines and work well under pressure. Ideally you will have working knowledge of InDesign however this isn’t essential.
How to apply
To apply for this role or to find out more information, please send a CV to Hayley Wood at The Management Recruitment Group or call me on (phone number removed).
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We are specialists in Bid Recruitment, Marketing Recruitment and Business Development Recruitment and have a range of posts available. We also welcome speculative applications
Calling all Data Engineers, Wi-Fi Install engineers, Fibre Engineers and Electrical Engineers.
Acorn is working in a recruitment partnership with a UK based IT & Networks solution provider to join a project in Chartres, France. We are recruiting a team of UK Contractors and local french engineers to deliver across this project. Travel to France will be by road and assistance provided with safe accommodation & living while on project.
The project will involve implementing a new WIFI & network infrastructure for a global organisation. To be successful you will ideally have exposure to fibre / network installations within large factory environments. Data Engineers with experience installing Cat 7 network infrastructures are also key.
We are seeking engineers that can fulfil as much of the below scope of works as possible;
*Install internal CAT 7 & External CAT6 VMS distribution
*Install OS2 internal fibre backhaul
*Install OS2 Infrastructure to new rack locations
*Install additional (new) rack sand points of distribution where required
*Support upgrade of Coreswitch Architecture
*Deploy all access switches within new racks
*Deploy internal and external VWMS WiFi
*Post Install Survey/Snagging
We are ideally looking for:
*Exposure to installing network / wifi infrastructure within large factory environments.
*Strong understanding Cat 7 standards & Principles.
*Up to date Manual Handling and Working at Height accreditations (Within last 12 Months).
*Ability to work away from home.
*French language skills are desirable.
*Day rates are negotiable depending on skills
*Safe travel to site.
*Assistance with accommodation & living costs while on project.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
Mathematics Graduate Teaching Assistant
Would you like to support students and inspire them to achieve excellence?
Would you like to help students on their journey to secure places at elite Universities for further studying?
Have you progressed in Mathematics, and find passing information to others a real pleasure?
If you are a Mathematics Graduate and looking for experience in a school to see if it is the right career choice for you!
Mathematics Graduate Teaching Assistant
Outstanding Secondary School located in Widnes, Cheshire
Long term, full time role starting In September 2020
Earn up to £400 per week
High achieving secondary school located
Teacher training opportunities in 2021
Support KS4 & KS5 C/D borderline students
Great experience in a Top Performing Secondary School
Interviewing nowLocated in Widnes, Cheshire this high achieving secondary school is now searching for a gifted & talented Mathematics Graduate Teaching Assistant who will support students in KS4 and KS5 Classes. Expectations are high at this 'Outstanding' Graded School, behaviour is fantastic, and academic success is routed in their core ethos. Many students are Oxbridge bound, and see Mathematics as their favoured subject, making KS5 a popular and oversubscribed area.
Mathematics Graduates at this high-flying school can look forward to working alongside outstanding teachers, with many of them deemed the best in the business. The Mathematics Department is extremely well funded, supported and led by an inspirational Head of Maths, and only the best experience will be gained at this school for those of you who aspire to teach.
This Mathematics Graduate job is perfect for aspiring teachers looking to gain experience in an outstanding environment. Don't let this amazing opportunity pass you by, with interviews taking place over the next week, those of you who want the best experience need to apply now!
Email a CV and covering letter to Ryan Holtby at Empowering Learning to secure an interview ASAP
Do you have a passion for teaching Maths, moulding minds and shaping the future of tomorrow? Looking to join a school with a Good OFSTED rating? Excited about the opportunity to inspire passionate students? Then we've got the perfect role for you.
We're seeking a Maths teacher for a school located near Blackpool. The school currently hosts just over 400 students from the local area, guiding them through the secondary stages of education. The full time role will start ASAP in the academic year, and will run until the end of December 2020. However there is the possibility this may get extended into the new calender year, or lead onto a permanent role.
* On-site cycle storage & parking
* Enthusiastic & respectful students
* Dedicated nursery child care
* Spacious and modern staff-room
* Access to school health & fitness facilities
* Access to Free CPD course and Safeguarding Training
* Caring & dedicated co-workers
Have you got the passion and drive to raise standards and contribute to taking the school forwards in its mission to constantly deliver a high-quality level of education? If so we ask that you have:
* PGCE certification
* A degree in maths or an appropriate related subject
* Excellent organisational skills
* An ability to promote effective teaching and learning
* Enthusiasm commitment and flexibility
* Planning, preparation & delivery of Maths curriculum to KS3/4
* Providing engaging and interactive lessons
* Communicating with parents and carers over pupils progress and participating in departmental meetings, parents evenings and whole school training events
* Participating in and organising extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events
* Preparing pupils for qualifications and external examinations
If you are passionate about delivering a high-quality level of education to students and interested in joining a strong team of specialist staff, working at a successful and outstanding school, don't hesitate, apply today.
If interested and available, please apply following the on screen instructions. Alternatively, please contact Randstad Education National Accounts Team ASAP and send us your updated CV. You can reply to this email, or call / text (phone number removed) or email (url removed)
Opportunities like this don't come around often… would you like the challenge of supporting a business making an impact on some of the biggest projects in the UK defence market right now? Do you have what it takes? Yes? Then this is the job for you!!
Due to continued investment, this manufacturing business at the cutting edge of technology is searching for the perfect Principal Human Factors Engineer to join their growing team in Fulwood on an initial 6-month contract. This role pays £50 per hour.
The successful candidate will be awarded with this phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the Principal Human Factors Engineer role, you'll be responsible for:
Write HFIPs (work stream specific)
Update the HF Issues Registers
HF attendance / support to Hazard Identification (HAZID)
HF support to the identification of Human Based safety claims (HBSCs)
HF input to the Fault Schedule
To succeed within the Principal Human Factors Engineer role, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
Knowledge of human factors in nuclear safety cases
Experience of Hazard ID Used to working with Safety Case teams and fault schedules
Experience of Design Basis Assessment (DBA) and Probabilistic Safety Assessment (PSA)
Experience in conducting human reliability analyses
Understanding of nuclear site licensing conditions - SAPs and TAGsBackground
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
Achieve a work/life balance
Work on long term contracts
Develop your skills at a prestigious company
Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Principal Human Factors Engineer, please send your CV to the Aerospace and Defence team via the 'apply now' button.
Not currently available? We'd still like to hear from you! This business is growing considerably in the upcoming months, and JAM will be supporting with the pipelining for their contract labour.
***PLEASE NOTE: Start dates are imminent so apply now!!!***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
This role is to provide software assurance activities required to meet the needs of a broad range of systems, including technologies such as industrial control systems, smart instrumentation, PLCs and programmable hardware. In this role we are looking for someone to;
* Ensure Software requirements are adequately flowed into the design baseline.
* Interact with Engineers to ensure that the software components within System Designs are adequately managed and Design Documentation is acceptable.
* Review the software content of Technical Specifications for equipment and systems.
* Assess the software content of tenders and provide software specialist input to vender selection panels.
* Liaise with Safety Engineers, to ensure a coherent approach to software management is applied.
* Liaise with Software Suppliers to maintain assurance of design intent, and to monitor resolution of issues that may compromise compliance with the requirements.
* Witnessing of testing at the Suppliers premises.
* Prepare acceptance evidence for Software and submit to the appropriate requirement owner for acceptance in accordance with the acceptance submissions process.
* Undertake impact assessments in support of change submissions, engineering cost trade-offs or defects, concessions and issues that may affect Software.
* Produce and compile evidence in support of the Software and Software Safety Requirements.
* Contribute to the identification and rapid closure of defects and issues emerging from testing and trials, and maintain oversight of any resulting change embodiment or concession activities.
* Articulate and present complex technical arguments clearly, logically and simply.
* Provide assurance to the Business that software related activities are being undertaken in accordance with relevant policies, plans and processes.
* Support the build, setting to work and commissioning of software related systems.
Ideally a degree qualified Chartered Engineer in Software or Systems engineering or a closely related discipline
Experience of Software development in a modern software engineering environment from requirements through design, implementation, testing and acceptance.
Experience and understanding of current Ministry of Defence software policy.
Experience and understanding of current International software standards including software safety.
Experience of ISO 9000 Tick IT and CMM.
Experience in software quality assurance, auditing and acceptance testing
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application
Bickerstaffe - Interviewing Immediately - £13 to £21/hour plus daily retainer bonus
Non ADR Tanks - Utilities Company - PAYE ONLY
We have several exciting opportunities for HGV Class 1 Non ADR Tanker Drivers to assist with a seasonal peak for our prestigious utilities client. This company keeps the taps flowing and the toilets flushing for 3 million homes and 200,000 businesses across the North West. These roles would ideally suit someone seeking part time/flexible work looking for between 3 and 5 shifts per week, on standby relief.
The role is basically driving a Class 1 articulated tanker filled with water from A to B with no loading/unloading involved. You will be on standby at home from 22:00 to 08:00 and you might be called out at any point between these times and we may need a bit of flexibility on these times on occasion. We also have a few opportunities on afternoons which is 14:00 to 00:00. You will choose to do either nights or afternoons, not expected to do both.
You will receive a standby retainer of £50 per day Monday to Friday and £75 per day for Saturdays and Sundays. If you are called out you will receive £13 per hour Monday to Friday, £16 per hour for Saturdays and £21 per hour for Sundays in addition to the standby retainer.
You must have:
HGV Class 1 licence with less than 6 penalty points.
Full Drivers CPC card.
Digital Tachograph Card.
Previous non-ADR tanker experience advantageous but not essential.If you have all the above and like the idea of working in the utilities industry, you could be one of the very people we are looking for.
Interested parties should apply at your earliest convenience.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Taskmaster Resources LTD is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. (Temporary Vacancy)