Big Data Engineer
A Big Data Engineer within Financial Services to work in a team based in Northampton on an up and coming project which offers and initial 6 Month Contract with a high chance of extension.
The successful Big Data Engineer candidate will work within a team of highly skilled technical experts who support key business requirements for the bank using cutting edge technologies in Hadoop/Big Data Technology Stack.
Job Description for the Big Data Engineer
* Experience with multiple open source tool sets in the Big Data space.
* Experience with both traditional waterfall and agile release methodologies.
* Experience in maintaining, optimization and issue resolution of Hadoop clusters, supporting Business users and Batch/Streaming processes.
* Experience configuring and setting up Hadoop clusters and provide support for – aggregation, lookup & fact table creation criteria’s, Map Reduce tuning, Spark job tuning, data node setup, NN recovery, HA, Sentry security, etc.
* Experience in Linux / Unix OS Services, Administration, Shell, awk scripting.
* Experience in building and scalable applications for Hadoop ecosystem.
* Experience in Core Java, CLI tools, Mesos or Yarn, Spark, Hadoop ecosystem (Map Reduce, Hive, Pig, HDFS, H-Catalog, Beeline, Zookeeper, Oozie, Hbase, Flume and Kafka).
* Hands-on Experience in SQL (Oracle Pl/SQL) and No SQL Databases (HBASE/Cassandra/Mongo DB).
* Experience in building large scale real-world backend and middle-tier systems in Java and Hadoop ecosystems.
* Experience in tool Integration, automation, configuration management in GIT, Nexus, Jira platforms
* Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience in tool Integration, automation, configuration management in GIT, Jira platforms
If you are a Big Data Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other IT/Financial Services opportunities please contact Jamie Rogers on (url removed) or (Apply online only). Outsource UK is one of the country’s largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors. Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information. Outsource. Our People. Your Success. We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates
Please visit our website (url removed)