The NRG group has built an excellent reputation for providing quality fleet services since its formation in 1996. The company is dedicated to exceeding the expectations of its existing and prospective customers by engineering innovative and bespoke solutions for every requirement. We currently have a network of over 12 workshops throughout the UK maintaining over 5000 vehicles providing routine maintenance and boy repairs. Our people are passionate at what they do and are committed to providing exceptional customer service.
Our large fleet includes a range of waste handling trucks, commercial vehicles and plant machinery.
Position: Human Resource Advisor (Maternity Cover)
Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire
Job type: Full Time, Maternity cover to start late August 2019
Salary: £Competitive plus Company car provided
Benefits: an excellent salary and benefits package including Workplace Pension and Complementary Life Insurance.
About the role:
The successful applicants will be responsible in assisting the Group HR Manager with delivery of all employee relations services to managers and colleagues in the South and Midlands. You will need a sound knowledge of terms and conditions of employment and be able to confidently advise and support on all HR related issues. With an office based in Northampton, this role will require travel to various sites in the South and Midlands with occasional overnight stays therefore flexibility is required.
- First point of contact for all HR queries.
- Work closely with HR colleagues across the business to monitor, review and update all policies in line with current legislation and best practice.
- Provide an advisory service to ensure all colleagues are aware of their rights and entitlements.
- Manage staff relationships promptly in line with company expectations.
- Manage people issues correctly in line with current legislation.
- Support managers with maternity, paternity grievances, disciplinary and capability investigations and hearings.
- Support and develop recruitment campaigns including apprentice assessment days.
- Assist in driving organisational performance by driving core business objectives through training and development.
- Provide management information and analysis when required.
- Work in partnership with line managers on performance management, employee relations, recruiting and staff management / development.
- Carry out projects as defined by the Group HR Manager.
- Manage, store and maintain all personal and sensitive information in line with current Data Protection / GDPR.
- Keep up to date with employment law changes.
- Carry out ad hoc duties as defined by the Group HR Manager.
- CIPD level 3 Foundation in HR practice or equivalent qualification.
- Experienced in Office and Microsoft Outlook and HR reporting.
- Working knowledge of relevant policies, codes of practice, legislation, TUPE and employment law.
- Be able to identify when policies, procedures and practices need to be updated.
- Be able to identify when to escalate information to minimise risk of breaching policies within HR.
You may have experience of the following: HR Advisor, Human Resources Advisor, HR Generalist, Human Resources Generalist, HR Adviser, Human Resources Advisor, HR Assistant, Human Resources Assistant, HR Officer, Human Resources Officer, Recruitment Advisor, Recruitment Administrator etc.