Main purpose of job
To be responsible to the Environmental Health Manager (Public Health) through the Principal Environmental Health Officer (Public Health and Housing) for the efficient and effective implementation of the department’s home safety programme.
To assist management in the development of the home safety programme and to develop and provide a range of relevant educational, training and promotional home safety activities.
To develop and maintain high standards of service delivery through close liaison with the unit’s professional and technical staff and through partnership working with various external groups, bodies and specialists on a province wide basis.
To ensure that all duties assigned to the postholder are carried out in accordance with agreed time and quality targets.
To ensure high standards of service delivery through the motivation and effective supervision of staff.
Summary of responsibilities and personal duties
1.To supervise the operation of the home safety check scheme and any other programmes of work assigned to Home Safety Assistants and to develop and evaluate home safety activities from inception through implementation to review.
2.To assist in the administration of the home safety check scheme.
3.To coordinate educational outreach and promotional work related to home safety including organising and implementing campaigns and exhibitions.
4.To research and identify sponsorship and funding opportunities for a range of home safety activities.
5.To administer, implement and review any programmes which are externally funded in accordance with council procedures.
6.To research and develop good practice and maintain innovative and continuous improvement in home safety activities.
Qualifications and experience
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application forms:
·possess a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland and have a car available for officialbusiness, or, access to a form of transport which will enable them to meet the requirements of the post in full; and
·be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year’s relevant experience in each of the following areas;
a)coordinating educational outreach and promotional work including organising and implementing campaigns and exhibitions preferably on home safety or other relevant area;
b)undertaking community engagement or involvement activities and developing networks or partnerships; and
c)managing assigned staff on a daily basis including programming workloads and priorities.
Please be advised that this alternative is a ‘reasonable adjustment’ specifically for applicants with disabilities who, as a result of their disability, are unable to hold a full, current driving licence.However please also be advised that, given the business need for the post-holder to carry out specified educational and advisory duties related to the work of Environmental Health Services across the city, the ‘reasonableness’ of this adjustment will be thoroughly considered prior to any appointment being made
Vacancy: Section Supervisor/Foreman
Salary: €65K + package
An experienced Section Supervisor/Foremanis required to join one of Ireland’s leading main contractors on a project in Dublin City.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a well-established company, reporting directly to the Project Manager.
Responsibilities of Section Supervisor/Foreman will include:
Complete all external works in accordance with the program.
Provide support to the Project Team & Leader.
Coordination of the supply chain procurement process.
Maintain a continuous focus on Health & Safety and Quality Assurance.
Coordinate & monitor sub-contractors’ performance.
Deliver sections on time and within budget.
Maintain accurate records of extra works and variations and ensuring appropriate communication of such work and variation.
Understand all drawings and specifications. Ensure that any errors are formally communicated to Project Manager.
Relevant professional qualification and least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
Ability to work on large scale construction sites & dealings with sub-contractors is essential.
Strong time management skills & must have excellent verbal & written communication.
Must be eligible to work in Ireland
Pool LGV Driver / Loader – Belfast
We are currently recruiting a Pool LGV Driver/Loader in Belfast within the local council.
Your role will be to undertake a variety of duties connected with driving a range of vehicles, supervising operatives, undertaking street cleansing and the collection of waste and recyclable materials from a variety of locations, for delivery to a reception point. Duties will be undertaken within specified area or areas as appropriate and incorporate the use of the full range of refuse collection containers, associated collection equipment, information and telecommunications technology. You will also be required to undertake other Refuse Collection or Street Cleansing duties as required, when not involved in driving duties.
Your main responsibilities will be
• To drive and be responsible for any allocated vehicle and any authorised passengers. Also to ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded and to safely manoeuvre the vehicle on the daily route.
• To carry out refuse collection and recycling duties, with due regard to property and with minimum disturbance to members of the public, hence bins and other items should be emptied and returned to their proper location undamaged and with lids closed. Appropriate mechanical aids should be used and all spillages should be cleared up and gates closed after collection has been completed.
• To empty all types of receptacle and lift all loose waste, as required, ensuring the safe collection and disposal of waste. To undertake any inspection process required to ensure that materials presented for recycling are not contaminated by non-appropriate materials. This will include both pre and post emptying of the receptacle.
• To complete all daily record sheets – mileage, fuel, defects, and other documents, and return them to the Assistant Manager (Priority Waste and Transport) daily.
• To use radio and other telecommunication
• To assist with snow clearance and gritting of footways as required.
All applicants must:
a) have a full, current ‘C’ category driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland (a Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) will be provided for the purposes of fulfilling the duties of this post);
b) have a full, current Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) qualification; and
• be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples on the application form, at least one year’s relevant work experience of each of the following:
c) driving a LGV in a commercial or public sector environment; and
d) dealing directly with members of the public, in person.
Working hours – 37 hours per week. Monday- Friday. 07:30 am – 15:30 pm
If you wish to apply please send a copy of you CV over to Keira Timothy-Smith at Service Care Solutions , Keira.timothy- or feel free to call Keira on (phone number removed)
Seasonal Gardener –Newry
Seasonal Gardener required for local council to assist with general grounds maintenance duties in public parks, landscaped areas or similar open spaces in the Downpatrick/Newry areas. A full and current driving licence and flexibility is essential for this post.
The role responsibilities will be to assist in carrying out ground maintenance duties including grass cutting, hedge trimming, clearing leaves and litter etc at the council’s facilities including hazardous locations and in all weathers. To use powered hand tools and undertake daily maintenance and setting of machinery. To undertake site preparation and construction work under supervision. To drive and be responsible for allocated vehicles/machinery, when required i.e. vehicle checks, required routine maintenance and cleaning, completion or associated paperwork.
A successful candidate will be expected to participate in staff training and development activities to ensure that knowledge, skills and competence required to fulfil the role in full are up to date.
The post will require flexible working to meet the needs of the service.
It is essential a successful candidate has
• A full, current driving licence and access to transport
• At least 2 years relevant experience e.g. labouring, cleaning and maintenance, waste removal, working with hydraulic equipment.
• At least 1 years’ experience dealing with the public in a face-to-face customer focused service.
Awareness of health and safety issues involved in working with the public and manual handling as well as the ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and as part of a team is also essential.
Working hours are 37 hours a week. On a 3 weekly shift pattern
The post holder may be required to transfer to other locations in accordance with any requirements stated in the job description.
If you wish to apply please send a copy of you CV over to Keira Timothy-Smith at Service Care Solutions , Keira.timothy- or feel free to call Keira on (phone number removed)
Senior Freelance Quantity Surveyor - Dublin – (Gas mains and Distribution)
A Reputable, well established and award-winning Consultancy are seeking freelance Senior Quantity
Surveyors to join their team in Dublin. They provide professional construction consultancy services to a wide range of clients. The duration of the role will be initially 6 months likely to be 2 years.
The client Is installing new gas mains and distribution as well as replacing existing gas supplies.
The Senior Freelance Quantity Surveyor Role:
Read, understand and administer the NEC3 contracts
Preparing Cost Plans/Estimates including detailed measurement of quantities
Preparing tender documents and managing tender processes, including reporting and recommendation for award
Management of information, including resolution of project related queries
Drafting contract documents for signature and execution
The Senior Freelance Quantity Surveyor:
Be Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying (or Construction related)
Fully proficient with NEC3
Have 3-5 years post grad QS experience
Utilities experience (Water, Gas, Electricity)
If this is an opportunity of interest, or if you have any queries, please feel free to give Sebastian a call for a confidential discussion on (phone number removed). Alternatively, if you're not looking but know of someone who is, please do let me know as we pay referral fees for successful recommendations. If you prefer you can also drop me an email on
Freelance Senior Quantity Surveyors/Quantity Surveying/Construction Consultancy/Dublin
As Project Manager, you will be joining a leading developer for renewable energies. Based in Lisburn you will manage part of the company’s wind farm project portfolio in Northern Ireland, from initial site selection through the EIA process to post planning and pre-construction compliance requirements. This is a 1-year fixed term contract, however, this may go on to be long term depending on business requirements.
As Project Manager your duties will include but not be limited to the following:
* Wind farm development from site search and site feasibility assessment
* Land lease negotiation and liaison with landowners, agents and solicitors
* Engaging and managing consultants and technical review of expert studies and impact assessments for completeness and accuracy.
* Preparation and coordination of planning application and appeal documentation and negotiation to decision
* Preparation, coordination and negotiation of planning compliance submissions and monitoring reporting schedule.
* Establish contacts with planning authorities and Councillors and represent the company in planning and other matters associated with the site.
* Organise and assist in holding public events where necessary
* Continually considering risks and liabilities, highlighting concerns to line management.
* Creating and maintaining project documentation including meeting minutes, agendas, project plans, action registers, trackers and maintaining spreadsheets, detailing expenses and timesheets.
* Liaising with external parties to arrange/attend meetings and chase actions.
* Providing a point of contact internally and externally when members of the project management team are otherwise unavailable.
* Deliver projects within budget and on time.
* Ensure adherence to the company policies and procedures relevant to the role
* Manage any problems, challenges or complaints relevant to the role
To be considered for the role you will have the following:
* Degree level qualification preferably in environmental or engineering discipline.
* Experience of planning/development of major infrastructure projects and the EIA process. Experience of renewable energy projects would be an advantage.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to liaise with senior management and build and develop relationships with key stakeholders involved in projects.
* Excellent project management skills
* You must hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle as the position requires frequent travel throughout Ireland.
(A full job description can be provided upon request)
If you feel this Project Manager role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact either Anne or Michael on (phone number removed)
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client
Simply Education has developed relationships with numerous secondary schools since our formation in 2006. We work closely with these schools when they require day-to-day, short-term, long-term and permanent members of staff.
We are looking for passionate, flexible and driven individuals who are looking for a new challenge. You must be qualified and have experience within the education sector.
Requirements for candidates will include:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with a PGCE, GTP, BA Education, B.Ed, Cert Ed or equivalent
- You will have experience teaching Key Stage 3,4 & 5
- Up to date knowledge of the British National Curriculum
- Passion for teaching young students
- Possess a creative approach to teaching
- Following lesson plans
- Strong behavior management
You can also utilise the numerous benefits we offer to include;
- Your very own dedicated consultant
- A variety of daily, short and long term positions to suit your needs
- Competitive rates of pay
- No need for completion of time sheets
- Email / SMS confirmation for all bookings
- 75 pound reward scheme for each Teacher you introduce
- Access to your own availability area via the Simply Education website where you can update your availability as and when required
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an Accounts Payable Coordinator.
Based in Dublin, the successful candidate will ensure that purchase invoices and payment requests are recorded accurately and payments are made on a timely basis. This is achieved through:
* Effective analysis of invoice data and associated trouble shooting.
* Application of VAT knowledge and knowledge of Procure to Pay processes and controls.
* Effective liaison with internal colleagues and external vendors.
Responsibilities will include:
* Using the ReadSoft invoice processing tool and SAP to analyse all invoice and credit documents received on a daily basis and to determine workload and tasks for the day.
* Utilising the ReadSoft error log to investigate errors and understand why documents have not been fully processed. Using manual expertise and understanding of the process to correct errors on a timely basis in accordance with rules and tolerances so that documents can be routed for electronic workflow and approval.
* Ensuring completeness of SAP data by using an electronic scanning tool to capture manually keyed invoices and linking them to SAP documents.
* Reconciling supplier statements and monitoring vendor account balances.
* Processing electronic payment requests and checking completeness and accuracy of information.
* Using knowledge and expertise relating to SAP VAT codes, rules of supply and VAT registrations in order to manually code the VAT on vendor invoices as necessary.
* Utilise knowledge of “Delegation of Authority” rules and limits to ensure that invoices are correctly routed to the business for approval using the ReadSoft workflow tool.
* Liaising frequently and regularly with colleagues across the organization to ensure that invoices are approved by the business in a timely fashion in order to meet weekly payment deadlines and so that they are paid in accordance with vendor payment terms.
* Assisting the business in the functional and technical aspects of the ReadSoft workflow tool for approving invoices. Assisting the business with guidance on vendor and purchase order creation using automated tools. Understanding what information is needed for correct vendor creation and ensuring that it’s provided, so that invoices can be recognized via scanning technology and payments can be made correctly.
* Liaising with vendors in relation to queries and their invoice submission compliance from a Procure to Pay Process point of view and to ensure invoice recognition by the scanning technology used.
Education & Experience:
* GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent) preferred.
* Accounts Payable experience.
* ERP Experience.
* Experience of working in a large multinational corporation.
* Microsoft Office experience, particularly Excel & Word.
* Fluent in English and at least one other Western European language; German, Spanish, Italian, French, Swedish.
* SAP experience.
* Readsoft experience.
To be considered for this position please apply below