This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual with a demonstrable track record in project management within the specialist civil or ground engineering, earthworks, deep drainage or groundworks sectors.
Due to continued expansion, an abundant pipeline of works, and the recent award of a number of significant contracts, our client is now looking to appoint an experienced Project Manager responsible for the delivery of a particularly challenging and complex remediation, specialist civil engineering and deep drainage project in the North East.
The Project Manager will ensure that all company and client requirements are met, and the project is completed safely, on time and within budget. You will be responsible for organising and managing the various professional teams working on this project, ensuring all quality and HSE standards are met, whilst also monitoring sub-contractors and taking financial responsibility for the works. This pivotal role will report into the Operations Manager and will provide natural progression through follow on contracts upon the successful completion of this initial scheme.
* Project management and delivery at all stages of the process, from initial mobilisation through to practical completion on site and final account submission
* Liaison with internal and external stakeholders, developing strong relationships and ensuring that all parties are fully informed of project progress and / or any possible deviations, so as to avoid conflicts and disputes, by providing accurate and timely information, reports and pre-agreements to any changes
* Resourcing of subcontractors and internal personnel to meet project delivery dates
* Overseeing and managing a sizeable team of experienced professionals assigned to the contract
* Liaison with Site Managers, Engineers and Agents to ensure any required support is given to achieve all project KPI's and client drivers
* Ensuring that statutory / legislative requirements are met with regards RAMS, CDM and HSE responsibilities
* Project financial control from initial stages to final payment, ensuring all costs are captured
* Completion of all sign off documentation and ownership of project files
* Minimise project risks, initiate corrective actions when required and provide project reports to the Operations Manager for all contract deliverables
* Developing and implementing a management plan and programme for the project
* Leading and motivating a sizeable project delivery team, and monitoring progress against plan / programme
* Managing project budgets with the commercial lead, and maintaining communications with stakeholders and the organisation overall
* Educated to a tertiary level and possessing demonstrable project management experience with schemes in the specialist civil or ground engineering arena, which could include remediation, groundworks, earthworks or deep drainage etc
* Advanced client facing, liaison and communication skills
* Able to interpret and understand technical drawings and designs to instruct works on site
* Computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel is essential
* Excellent project planning, programming and organisational abilities
* Proactive and skilled at working beneficially with colleagues
* Knowledge with the NEC form of contract
Our client is a division of major construction group, specialising in providing specialist civil engineering, early involvement and enabling works contracting services to a wide variety of sectors, clients and project applications, with their offering including remediation solutions for brownfield sites, to enable development or the management of environmental issues.
The company offers a range of sustainable services, including various design aspects, waste classification and management, soil stabilisation, remediation, groundwater treatment, drainage, piling and foundations techniques, earthworks, excavations and groundworks.
A highly attractive day rate (contract) is on offer, along with security of work given the company has a clear and defined commitment to continued profitable growth, and an abundance of forthcoming projects to be delivered