Senior Quantity Surveyor
East Midlands based building company, requires a Quantity Surveyor to join their team and assist in the delivery of new build schemes that are secured, in excess of £100m. The company works in numerous sectors including retail, commercial, education and student accommodation.
Joining a company that is growing in terms of projects and pipeline and breadth of project sectors, as the Quantity Surveyor, you will be working with a company that's acts as both the principal designer and contractor on the schemes, you will work alongside the project design manager, design team and operations lead, reporting into the commercial manager, develop & agree contractor's proposals/ contract sums for new builds and manage the manufacture/ delivery phase.
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Essential Skills/ Responsibilities
* Track record of working as a Quantity Surveyor in the construction industry for a principal or main contractor.
* Track record of working on large projects of £15M upwards.
* New Build / D+B project experience.
* Experience of working on projects in one or a mixture of the following: Schools/ education, Residential/ multi-room (Student accommodation/ BTR/ PRS), Hi Rise/ Multi-storey, Office, Retail.
* Experience on managing pre-construction activity, being able to cost plan/ offer cost advice and structured contact sums.
* Production of contractor proposals.
* Liaise/ communicate with commercial managers daily, giving advice to site staff on contract/ sub-contracts.
* Management of sub-contract budgets and terms are agreed and delivered on time/ budget.
* Production of project variations, tracking documents, final accounts assessments.
* Advise on contractual issues, manage risks and ensuring payments are made on time.
* Good understanding of construction materials/ methods.
* Good IT skills.
* Driving Licence (office based, then onsite periodically during construction phase), CSCS Qualified.
For more information on the Senior Quantity Surveyor role, please apply now.
Net Temps are advertising this vacancy in its capacity as an Employment Business.
Net Temps supplies both temporary and permanent labour to the Construction, Engineering and Allied industries throughout the UK.
Please note due to the high volume of applicants only those who are successful will be contacted. Net Temp is an equal opportunities employer