The purpose of this role is to support the completion of the external audits and statutory accounts by agreed deadlines
The Role of Statutory Accountant
* Preparation of statutory accounts from trial balance for subsidiaries under IFRS and UK GAAP (FRS101);
* Liaison with auditors on interim and annual audits;
* Preparation of documentation for Board approval;
* Assist in the practical interpretation of the effects of legislative changes, and business changes, upon reporting requirements;
* Assist the Group Financial Controller on any other tasks as required.
The Candidate for Statutory Accountant
* Understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP;
* Self-starter with positive attitude;
* Good Excel and Word reporting skills;
* Precise attention to detail;
* High personal goals;
* Questioning outlook – striving for continual improvement;
* Flexible attitude to work and able to work well in a multi-task environment;
* Well organised and able to work to deadlines under pressure;
* A good team player across the corporate matrix.
* ACA Qualified in a top 4 firm
Please note if successful candidate available role may start sooner
LabVIEW Developer, Abingdon, £400 per day:
A ground breaking scientific instrumentation manufacturer who has developed security based products is seeking to recruit contract LabVIEW Developer's for an initial 4 month contract to develop robust code for both existing and new applications.
Developing new software in LabVIEW
Maintaining & improving existing LabVIEW software projects
Promote best practice for LabVIEW software development Qualifications and training:
Degree or equivalent experience in a related science or engineering discipline
NI certified LabVIEW Developer
Other Software qualifications (an advantage) Skills and experience:
Demonstrable experience of working on large projects multi-developer projects usingLabVIEW
Previous experience of other software languages (an advantage)
Knowledge of using version control systems with LabVIEW If you're a LabVIEW Developer who is looking for an interesting contract working with one of the world's top LabVIEW specialists, then please send MARS a copy of your CV.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles)
A 3 months+ opportunity for a Strategic Procurement Manager has arisen with the local authorities in Oxford.
The successfiul candidate will need to have the experience to pick up a broad portfolio of procurement projects in varying stages of development and lead the engagement with key stakeholders. Although support will be available the candidate will need to be a confident self starter and effective time management.
You will support the development and delivery of efficient and effective procurement and contracting service for a range of product and service categories to meet internal customer requirement, deliver best value to meet agreed commissioning objectives. This will involve making change happen across the Council and enabling progress on process and product / service developments and cost efficiency targets across the organisation working with Commissioning Managers and Heads of Services.
Skills and Experience:
MCIPS or equivalent relevant Business degree or significant professional experience.
Understanding and experience of public sector procurement regulations.
Business Process Re-engineering /Continuous Improvement related qualification.
Experience of using E -procurement / business systems.
Category Management and/or product/service portfolio management.Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information
Do you have Warehousing or Production experience? Are you looking for a new local opportunity?
Our client are a well known local medical device manufacturer based in Abingdon and have a new long term opportunity available. Working hours will be 7:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Thursday with half days on Friday`s.
General tasks including working within the logistics team providing support in different areas of the business including goods in and goods out control. Some lifting will be involved so suitable candidate must be willing and able to lift different products around the warehouse and production areas.
Hourly pay rate will be starting at £8.21p/h (Weekly Pay)
If interested and would like more details please contact Lewis Griffiths at Brook Street on (phone number removed)
Contracts Manager | Oxford Fit-out
An Oxford based commercial and retail fit-out company is currently on the lookout for a Contracts Manager. The Contracts Manager is question will manage all state projects up to £2m within the Oxfordshire region.
The initial projects undertaken will include 2 seperate CAT A commercial office fit-outs ranging from £800,000 to £2 million.
The successful Contracts Manager will:
Communicate with design teams and Estimators
Be able to deliver up to 4 projects at once
Source and liaise with specialise subcontractors
Have experience on similiar sized projects
Have clear communication with third party shareholders
Manage Directly employed Site Managers & Project Managers
Ensure that the work is delivered on time and within budget objectives
Manage site logistics and H&S on site
If this seems like it could be of interest then please do get in touch with Aeron Chatterton () by applying to this advert or calling (phone number removed).
Alternatively, if you know of someone that this opportunity could be of interest to, feel free to pass on their details to Aeron, as we do offer a referral fee on successful placements.
They are looking to arrange interviews as soon as possible, with the intention of starting the successful individual within the next few weeks.
X4 Construction is a specialist recruitment business for the construction sector. We are part of the X4 Group, a multi-award-winning group of brands specialising in Life Sciences, Engineering, Construction and Technology, with over 10 years of experience in successfully placing mid to senior level contract and permanent professionals across the globe.
We’re a result driven business and our team of specialist recruitment consultants continue to go above and beyond what’s expected to ensure our clients receive the highest ROI from their recruitment spend. We have partnerships with leading construction companies all over the world and have made placements in over 13 countries across Europe, New Zealand and the US
My client is a leading main contractor in the Civils & Infrastructure sector. My client are currently recruiting a Site Engineer to complete a 6 month scheme. You will be required to manage all the setting out for roads, utilities, drainage, kerbs & other aspects associated to an Infrastructure package.
Site Engineer Responsibilities:
* Reporting to and working with the Project Manager and foreman.
* Liaising with sub contractor engineers.
* Site set up and compliance with health and safety.
* Completing all setting out associated to the Civils & Infrastructure package
* Raising technical queries on design issues.
Site Engineer Requirements:
* CSCS card.
* Civils & Infrastructure experience
* Degree in civil engineering/construction or time served
The Next Steps:
To apply for the role as a Site Engineer, click on the apply now button below and submit your CV or call Ben Harvey for further information
Curtain Wall Fixer required for a start in the Oxfordshire area.
Job type: Curtain Wall Fixer
Duration: 6-8 months
Pay rate: £16:00 - £17.00 per hour
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Working hours: 08.00 to 17:00
All operatives must have a valid CSCS card, Tools and full PPE.
Candidates will be required to provide suitable references from previous jobs
JOB TITLE: Draughtsperson
RATE: £30/ hr PAYE (inside IR35)
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- A technical / engineering qualification to HNC level or equivalent
- Minimum C&G training in AutoCAD
- Experience of producing engineering drawings (and other documents) in a highly regulated environment utilising detailed QA processes required.
- Able to understand complex plant, equipment and concepts to assist engineers in the development of specification drawings, design drawings and the updating of drawings following completion of work.
- Able to understand design specifications, standards and requirements as needed.
- Familiarity with good practice drawing techniques including layering conventions, symbols libraries and British Standards
- Strong IT capabilities across the Microsoft range, with ability to use other packages
IDEALLY YOU WILL ALSO HAVE:
- Membership of relevant Professional Engineering Institution
- Knowledge of other design / draughting packages, i.e. Solidworks
- Provide technical draughting support to their assigned area of responsibility.
- Provide technical advice, drawings, maps and documentation to support their assigned area of responsibility.
- Create and modify drawings and maps for their assigned area of responsibility by both manual and electronic means in a timely manner.
- Work on drawings in a number of formats, including AutoCAD and TIFF
- Carry out site survey and inspection work as necessary for the production and update of drawings and maps.
- Use the CAD office document management tools to flow drawings as they progress through their various routes to formal issue.
- Carry out efficient operation of the various drawing office equipment and systems.
- Conduct information searches on drawings and maps as requested.
- Support Design Engineers in the production of drawings required in relation to the range of projects.
- Manage the drawing archive including those identified as controlled copy drawings.
- Ensure that QA paperwork is produced in a timely manner and in accordance with local procedures for all drawing work.
- Print and prepare hard and electronic copies of drawings and maps required in support of design, operations, project, property and maintenance teams.
- Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants