Title: Line Manager
Hours: Full time
Salary: £27,905 - £31,371 per annum
Contract: Fixed term contract for 18 months
Purpose of the Family Safeguarding Plus (FSP) model
Oxfordshire County Council is making changes to the way we support children and families. As part of these changes, we will be providing new services to help and support parents. The services will be for:
* Parents with Mental Health needs
* Parents with Substance/Alcohol Misuse needs
* Parents involved in domestic abuse
Oxfordshire Mind, Elmore Community Services, Connection Support and Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust are delivering the service for parents with mental health needs in partnership. The Mental Health Team Manager will be employed by Oxfordshire Mind.
Purpose of the role
This role will consist of 2 projects: The FSP project and The HIU Project at Elmore Connection Services. The HIU element will consist of providing community-based care and support to clients who require more intense ongoing support while reducing some of the pressures on NHS services.
The FSP element will be delivery of the mental health component within the Oxfordshire Family Safeguarding Plus approach.
Workers will engage with parent/carers requiring time limited support with their mental health, as part of the multi-disciplinary Family Safeguarding Plus team, to promote early engagement and aiming to de-escalate families in terms of social care intervention.
About the role
The Line Manager (FSP) will provide supervision and management of a team of Family Safeguarding Plus mental health workers. They will carry out client work with a team approach and assist in the development of the service and the overall organisation.
The Line Manager (FSP) will provide high-quality support service to clients who have children who are subject to, or at risk of being subject to child protection processes. Some of the main duties will include:
* Lead, manage and develop caseworkers and students under your supervision.
* Improve and develop the service, including in line with commitments made to funders; the post holder will be able to draw on their own ideas and creativity.
* Ensure that all aspects of the work of the team are carried out to a high standard in an appropriate, safe and effective manner in line with legislation, policy and practice.
* Provide casework cover as required for your team.
* Develop and direct the work of the team to ensure that it is consistent with service specifications and contractual requirements.
* Work in partnership with the wider FSP team and other agencies as appropriate and represent the organisation in partnership meetings.
* Take on responsibility for projects and specific areas of work as requested. These roles are shared out amongst managers according to capacity and interest. Examples include being the lead for referrals, service user involvement, training, and quality.
* Induct and recruit staff.
* Assist with reviewing and updating organisation policy, procedure, and practice.
* At least 3 years’ experience of providing support/care/treatment to help people change their lives in at least two of the following areas: mental health, complex needs, sexual exploitation, substance misuse, homelessness, offending or anti-social behaviour, domestic violence.
* Experience of working in partnership with other agencies and liaising with statutory and voluntary sector care providers.
* Supervision experience (of staff, volunteers, or students).
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our partner’s website where you can view the Job Description and download the application pack. Please note, you are not applying at this stage.
Applications will be managed by Elmore in partnership with Oxfordshire Mind and Connections.
Applicants should structure their application by responding to each of the points listed in the Person Specification / Selection Criteria. The short-listing panel make their decisions based on this information and no assumptions about your skills or experience will be made. CV’s will not be accepted.
No agencies please