Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance / Asset Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is an initial 6 month + contract and is paying competitively up to £25.00 per hour on a Ltd / Umbrella basis. PAYE option also available up to £19.20 per hour.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Dual nationals may be considered for certain roles.
To provide the focal point for Root Cause Analysis and asset lifecycle in an Estate area. Developing optimised maintenance strategies for clients assets, in order to provide appropriate availability and reliability to meet programme demands. Respond to Equipment failures and conduct FMEA’s to understand how to increase reliability. To provide technical support to the generation of Asset Management Plans across the estate areas.
Summary of Key Accountabilities
• Delivery of Asset reliability projects as part of the overall Asset Optimisation programme, to time cost and quality, providing delivery status, performance and risks for own work package to ensure schedule is delivered.
• Accountable for the Technical oversight during delivery of the Optimisation Process to ensure deliverables add value.
• Act as Change Manager for Asset changes in Estate area.
• Act as Asset Management Champion for Estate area.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
• Analyse equipment trends through kPI’s and metrics – identifying performance issues & improvement opportunities.
• Provide technical support to facilitate the generation of Asset Management plans for estate areas.
• Facilitate technical workshops to undertake Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) on key identified assets to ensure failure and consequence is identified and mitigation action recommended through appropriate maintenance strategies.
• Root Cause Analysis to identify casual effects leading to faults.
• Identify Business Critical Spares for the Estate area.
• Identify asset Obsolescence status and provide mitigation plan
• Capture Asset Risks on AMS and facilitate the progression to Investment Planning Requests.
• Provide interface for Asset Optimisation for all aspects of Maintenance during delivery of the programme to Estate Areas, Engineering Sites and Assets, Capital Projects, Non AIC Projects as required, including Asset registration, Spares and Obsolescence, FMEA tools and methodologies, scheduling and Maintenance Instructions.
• Prepare material and undertake briefs to customers (Estate Managers, PAE’s and Projects) during project initiation, progress reports and out briefs as necessary.
• Provide technical oversight during Asset Importance Analysis & FMEA workshops to ensure robust application of the processes.
• Seek approval for the purchase of critical spares identified during the optimisation process as appropriate, and liaise with Supply Chain Management to ensure their procurement.
• Ensure continuous Improvement of processes and procedures through review, learn and improve.
Qualifications and/or Professional Memberships
• ONC/HNC in Engineering Discipline – Essential
• Degree in an Engineering Discipline – Desirable
• Member of a professional body (IMECH E etc.)
• Driving high performance
• Understand the internal & external environment in which company operates
• A working knowledge of Business Management
• Facilitation and change management
• Active stakeholder management
• Ability to identify problems, evaluate options and execute solutions
• Project Management capabilities
• Good understanding and knowledge of regulation and legislation with regards to engineering and maintenance
• Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multi task role, managing priorities and delivering to challenging timescales
• Analytical skills
• Good interpersonal and communications skills
• Working knowledge of standards and application of Asset Management
• Process safety within engineering plant Safety case dependencies on engineered systems
• Detailed working knowledge of legislation and its application in asset Operations
• Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role
• Willing to travel to meet business requirements
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec