We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client - an Oil and Gas Service Company based in Portlethen, for a NDT Inspector to join their team on a 3 month contract basis.
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship; therefore current valid Right to Work is required.
Specialists responsible for deployment of technology and service delivery at the customer field operating site
Clean and inspect tubulars, downhole tools, rotary shoulder connections and other products to identify non-conformities. Determine if equipment meets standards set by the industry. Candidates must be PCN certified; ideally at level 2.
Reports to Field Service Supervisor (FSS) or Field Service Manager (FSM).
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Comply with Company & Regulatory HSE, Quality and IT standards and policies
- Wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
- Maintain required HSE and SQ certifications
- Complete pre-employment and annual visual acuity and colour contrast vision examination
- Navigate and utilize DRILCO Field Inspection Services Procedures Manual
- Understand Rig and Customer location operations and the inherent safety issues involved in each type of location
- Identify and understand the various down hole drilling tools and BHA components
- Identify and understand API, Premium and Super Premium Rotary Shouldered Connections
- Knowledge of common inspection specifications & standards utilized in the industry (API, DS-1)
- Safely operate and utilize DRILCO inspection vehicle(s), associated power equipment, and tools required during the inspection process.
- Familiar with Coils, Yokes, Black lights, Light Meter, Gages, Magnetic Indicators, Magnetic Particles - Wet/Dry, Liquid Penetrant - Visible/Fluorescent, EMI Tubular Inspection and Ultrasonic Inspection Equipment as required.
- Utilize the various inspection techniques to locate, investigate, evaluate and properly disposition discontinuities and defects commonly found
- Develop the ability to perform the various field repair, maintenance and salvage services for used threaded connections
- Utilize basic computer skills to accurately complete all inspection services related documentation
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned by Supervisor
Competencies to be kept current:
- Able to build customer relationships
- Effective communicator
- Comfortable in field environments
- Ability to work unsupervised and as a team