Transformation & Implementation Manager (Childcare Residential)
By ensuring the successful opening of a shortbreaks children’s home through the leadership and delivery of a transformation and development programme that will re-establish the home to achieve excellent performance at inspection, consistent with the company and OFSTED standards and in so doing, to promote and enhance the brand.
By registering with OFSTED as manager for the duration of the contract and to reopen the home in a phased manner ensuring the safety and welfare of young people during the process
By developing a transformation programme and project plan to enable the re-establishing and reopening of a short breaks children’s home. Through this programme to ensure necessary changes and procedures and structures are in place to deliver safe practice that delivers compliant services.
By providing an inspirational and ambitious vision, and to drive improvement and evidence excellent by example to support overall improvement of performance at inspection. Through this vision, to ensure that effective recruitment processes to attract and retain staff who are willing and able to share and work to this vision, regardless of role, occupations and profession employed.
By transforming the service to achieve the highest standards of safeguarding practice through leading and managing processes and action around safeguarding, taking action to address and respond to the known safeguarding risks through process and people improvements.
By supporting the Children’s Service Manager to restructure the management and delivery teams to ensure that there is a basis for continuous and improved leadership and management of the service. Through this brief, to also ensure the management team are in a position to continue to maintain an effective, motivated and committed team.
By developing and leading a training programme to ensure staff have the skills and demonstrate the behaviour which ensure children and young people’s physical and emotional care is of the highest standard and staff are ambitious for children
By ensure that are frameworks and processes are in place to enable qualitative and regular supervision and performance reviews to line reports. To also that the management of staff is conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures and this standard is equally replicated through line reports to their staff.
By establishing links with parent/carers and young people to build confidence in the re-established service addressing areas of previous concern
By maintaining and developing effective working relationships with the commissioner/s and partners, stakeholders, voluntary and community organisations in the locality, through attendance, chairing or directing of meetings ensuring appropriate preparation to represent the views and needs of service users and the company.
By ensuring the effective deployment of staffing resources, through the establishment, maintenance and regular review of systems and processes to effective management adequate staff to children ratios, out of normal hours cover and support arrangements, to enable the continuous, safe and assured delivery of service at all times.
By collating and reporting performance information and statutory returns to partner agencies and our departments, utilising and maintaining agreed systems that collate and provide data. Through this data to evidence that all children make progress and have improved outcomes, leading to improved outcomes for children in the care of the home.
Skills and or Qualifications
* Outstanding leadership qualities derived from excellent inter and intra-personal skills, with ability to develop trust, rapport, influence and credibility with a staff team
* Excellent knowledge and understanding of regulations, OFSTED requirements and safeguarding practices and how to achieve and maintain the best quality service.
* Ability to challenge poor practice and effect substantial change to achieve significant improvements
* Ability to pro-actively identify potential problems and make objective decisions to find resolutions
* Ability to participate in the on-call manager rota
* Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare; or
* An equivalent Level 5 Diploma as defined by the DFE Guide to Children’s Homes Regulations, 2015
* Substantial managerial experience within a similar environment with relevant post-Ofsted registration)
* Substantial experience of implementing change programmes to improve quality in OFSTED registered setting
* Relevant management experience gained within extensive working within a residential setting
* Competent and experienced at managing children and young people who exhibit very challenging emotional and behavioural difficulties
* Provide clear vision, strategies, direction and support to staff while working in a way which is central to the values and service ethos of Action for Children
* Delivering outstanding care standards and achieving objectives
* Developing and managing stakeholders relationships, both internal and external
Successful track record with OFSTED outcomes (Good or Outstanding)
By demonstrating a willingness and ability to operate within a constantly changing environment and as such work priorities and targets may change.
By recognising that management reserves the right to make reasonable changes to the job purpose and accountabilities.
By undertaking such other duties that occasionally arise, which enables the postholder to always do what’s right, what’s needed, and do what works for children.
By promoting Equality and Diversity strategy locally including linking with local equality and diversity frameworks to ensure promotion of best practice and to inform and develop appropriate action plans
By working cross functionally with other departments and countries to ensure that Action for Children’s Values are delivered.
By ensuring familiarisation and compliance with Health, Environmental & Safety procedures and policy. In the event of any serious risk, take immediate action to reduce this risk and inform senior management.
By achieving the highest standards of safeguarding, whether through direct care provision or support activities to the children and young people who come into contact with our services, or by appropriately reporting concerns about any child or young person.
By demonstrating a commit to our defining statement, ‘keeping the child at the centre’, and to promote and incorporate Action for Children’s Participation Strategy as appropriate to your role