Principal Systems Engineer
Principal Systems Engineer needed for a multinational Defence and Electronics organisation based in Midddlesex who are looking to employ an experienced Principal Systems Engineer with extensive experience in and a full understanding of Systems Engineering, the V-Model and associated processes/lifecycles, advanced knowledge of System Engineering practices, methodologies, processes, techniques and technology trends, and the Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principal Systems Engineer will include:
* Develop technical solutions to large and complex engineering problems, following Systems Engineering processes, to ensure customer requirements are satisfied.
* Develop Systems Engineering artefacts, as required, across the product development lifecycle, to result in a positive project outcome.
* Plan, co-ordinate and present at internal and external design reviews, to senior management and customers, to ensure a successful event.
* Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
* Manage customers and external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives.
* Provide technical direction and exert technical influence across one or more projects, such that the optimal approach, architecture, design, and implementation are selected.
* Responsible for the design, development and delivery of Systems Engineering artefacts for one or more projects to ensure high quality deliverables.
* Work closely with the system and software architects to ensure consistency, design for modularity and re-use, and technical excellence.
* Generate and review technical proposals, and provide accurate estimates for the associated effort, costs and risks, for bids and proposals, leading to contract awards.
* Work closely with project management and engineering project leads to create proposals that drive down project costs and increase margin.
* Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
What you need to be the successful Principal Systems Engineer
In order to be the successful Principal Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Significant experience and a full understanding of Systems Engineering, the V-Model and associated processes/lifecycles.
* Significant experience of developing requirements and establishing a compliant systems design.
* Experience in writing high quality technical documentation and the formal technical review of such material.
* Experience working as a technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) and developing new areas of expertise as and when required.
* Advanced knowledge of System Engineering practices, methodologies, processes, techniques and technology trends.
* Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Desirable experience and knowledge are as followed:
* Experience of DOORS, UML, SEBoK, Enterprise Architect and SysML.
* Experience of hands-on development of either hardware, software or firmware development, particularly in an embedded environment.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
All applicants moving forward for the Principal Systems Engineer position must have obtained or be eligible for Security Clearance up to SC level.