Job Description For Vacancy No: (phone number removed)D
Consultant: Daniel Woodcock
Our client has been a manufacturer of diesel engines and power solutions for over 85 years, to the highest levels of performance and reliability. They have grown to become one of the leading suppliers of diesel and gas engines in the power solutions market.
Due to continued growth they are seeking an experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician to join the team, based Stafford on a contracting basis & shift basis
The purpose of the role is to support the operations / maintenance team, putting safety first and applying the Production System in to the day to day routine.
Deliver a planned maintenance schedule to maximise machine availability measured by OEE.
Take ownership of improvement activities and support site projects.
To provide the correct level of maintenance support across the shifts at all times and deliver a fast response to machine break downs.
Working closely with Group Managers, Maintenance Manager, Asset Management Team, Section Managers, Team Leads, Manufacturing Engineers, EH&S Team, External Contractors, All levels of operations.
Main Job Responsibilities:
* To support the shift maintenance team, drive a continuous improvement culture in every activity and demand high safety standards in every area
* Deliver fast, effective electrical / mechanical fault finding by investigating the root cause of failures and put corrective measures into action
* The completion of TPM activities across the site
* Create and maintain maintenance records
* Ensure all planned maintenance is up to date, planned in and communicated
* Actively manage safety issues, communicate to the business what actions need to be undertaken to ensure that the plant/site is maintained in a safe working condition
* Keep all engineering working areas clean and tidy by applying 5S principles
* To maximise the in-house engineering skills to deliver Electrical / Fabrication / Mechanical modifications where ever possible
* Ensuring skills are developed within the maintenance team by effectively communicating and organise knowledge exchanges
* Identify / implement improvement projects in Safety, PPM, Waste reduction and plant performance
* Create / maintain spares inventory’s and maximise the spare parts stores
* Be available to give technical assistance by phone when required
* Participate in all investment and development projects where appropriate
* Working with contractors and various support functions
* Supporting the Group Managers in the day to day operation of the plant
* Shift co-ordination / activity planning and work prioritisation
* Carrying out effective shift hand overs and communication across all functions within the business
* Maintaining records within the CMMS (Calibrations, inspections, repairs, modifications and breakdowns)
* Carry out routine inspections and testing on plant operating systems
* Evaluate the quantity and availability of spare parts required to be in stock to ensure high levels of equipment performance and availability, advise the Asset Management Team of future requirements and work closely with the onsite MRO supplier
* Identify training requirements in order to achieve continuous personal development
Competence Profile/Personal Requirements
* Qualified time served apprenticeship trained Multi-Skilled Engineer (preferably) with an Electrical bias and strong mechanical skills
* Track record of delivering sustainable improvements across multiple areas including Safety, PPM, Waste Reduction and Plant performance within an FMCG or manufacturing environment
* Experience in Heller CNC machining and engine test facilities or similar manufacturing equipment a distinct advantage.
* To work at a competent level of expertise with PLC’s, robotics within machining (ABB assembly handling), hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical systems and process control software
* 18th edition IEE wiring regulations certificate preferable
* Must be self-motivated, have a can-do attitude to take ownership of issues / deliver sustainable improvements and be an effective team player with the ability to communicate across all functions within business
* Previous training / skills in PLC’s, Inverters, Pumps, Fluid systems, Paint booths, FLT, IPAF, PASMA, IOSH / NEBOSH or Abrasive Wheels a distinct advantage
* Willing to work a 3-shift system and be flexible to work weekends when required
Rate: Up to £20 per hour (LTD CO / UMBRELLA CO)