Service Manager (Contract)
£20,512 per annum
Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary service to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. We are now looking for a Service Manager to join us in Stirling for a fixed term contract until the 31st March 2020.
If you are a collaborative individual with experience of managing and motivating teams of staff and volunteers, this is the perfect opportunity to enhance your experience in the charity sector with a well-established organisation.
In this exciting role, you will have the chance to lead a passionate group of volunteers and deliver services that will make a positive impact on your local community.
As the Service Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the Supporting Your Recovery Service which includes Home from Hospital and On The Ward.
The Support offered from the Supporting Your Recovery Service begins on the hospital ward and focuses on nutrition, hydration, and both cognitive and physical exercises to ensure patients are prepared for a successful discharge.
Once home, the Home from Hospital element of support continues for up to twelve weeks. Aiming to reduce recovery time and feelings of isolation and loneliness, it helps those discharged regain independence and reconnect with their community.
Specifically, you will:
- Recruit, motivate and manage a team of volunteers
- Promote the service locally
- Build strong relationships with local authorities and charities
- Assist with Royal Voluntary Service’s events and activities
- Produce reports and process expenses
To be considered, you will need:
- Experience of managing and motivating teams of staff and volunteers
- To be commercially aware with relevant experience of managing a similar service type
- Knowledge of the needs of the community and the groups, providers and bodies within it, including health and social care providers
- An understanding of how to use basic data to monitor trends and provide forecasts
As the Service Manager, you will have excellent communicative skills and always act on initiative. A team leader, you will be able to motivate staff and volunteers and establish positive and effective partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders.
This is a full time role working 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
The closing date for this role is the 17th May 2019, with interviews scheduled to be held on the 7th June 2019 in Stirling.
To apply for the role of Service Manager (Contract), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Service Manager, Community Service Manager, Volunteering Supervisor, Volunteering Team Leader, Community Support Manager, Volunteer Supervisor, Volunteer Team Leader, Charity