We have a new exciting opportunity at Suffolk County Council for a Transformation Manager - Fire ICT to join our Fire and Rescue Service based in Ipswich. You will join us on a full time, fixed term basis for up to 24 months and will receive a salary of £40,000 - £50,000 per annum.
About the Transformation Manager role
You will join Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service and manage the Fire ICT team and the Performance and Improvement departments. You will focus on designing and implementing an action plan following a review of the Fire ICT department and work closely with strategic managers and Suffolk County Council IT department.
Key responsibilities as a Transformation Manager
- To lead a department consisting of two teams on a day to day basis
- Develop and implement an action plan considering recommendations from the Fire I.T review
- You will be responsible to the Area Commander Support Services for the delivery of effective and efficient; Fire related I.T, operational communication/mobilisation services, performance and improvement, incident reporting system (IRS), emergency service mobile communication programme (ESMCP), Home Office and peer review inspections, compilation of integrated risk management plan (IRMP) and annual statement of assurance
- Provide advice to Fire Strategy Group in relation to; Fire related I.T, operational communication/mobilisation services, performance and improvement, Incident reporting system (IRS), emergency service mobile communication programme (ESMCP), Home Office and peer review inspections, compilation of integrated risk management plan (IRMP) and annual statement of assurance
- To manage and develop the Fire I.T team and the Performance and Improvement team, seeking opportunities to identify and share relevant work streams, increase resilience, improve, and collaborate
- To manage and develop the two team leaders and personnel within Fire I.T, Performance, and Improvement utilising ASPIRE PDR’s and regular 1-2-1’s.
- Co-ordinate projects relevant to Fire IT, Performance and Improvement for projects within the Service – reporting to the AC Support Services
- Work with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure fit for purpose functions, with resilience built in
- Ensure systems and processes are up to date with plans in place to maintain system currency, version control and security
- To identify service level agreements and report on these quarterly and annually
- To identify, monitor and report on agreed KPI’s throughout the service
- To manage the budget for Fire IT, Performance and Improvement
Experience and skills required of our Transformation Manager
- Technical qualification level 4 or above (or equivalent)
- Management qualification level 4 or above (or equivalent, or evidence of successfully managing teams)
- A project management qualification (PRINCE, ITIL L2 or equivalent)
- Proven experience of successfully managing teams
- Proven experience of managing budgets
- A passion for developing people
- A full UK driving licence
- Frequent travel across the county and occasionally beyond to attend meetings/conferences/training is required
- The ability to converse at ease with colleagues, end users and external agencies
- Proven experience of managing change projects
- Knowledge and practical application of UK employment law across a range of different situations
- Experience of working with Councillors
- Experience of working with SCC departments outside of your current directorate
So if you would like to join our team as our new Transformation Manager - Fire ICT then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 31 August 2017 1pm
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity